The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Note to self

Note to self

Everyone who has ever made a few mistakes and have taken mental note of the to not do things.

Note to self never wipe your ass with the same hand you just applied icy hot to your back with.

I had a rough night, for all those who are bitchin about relationship issues go give that a try

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Heres my little story about Icy Hot.

I put it on my quads one night after football practice because they were sore as **** and getting tight. Well I kinda used too much and my underwear decided to apply some to my balls and mr happy. Lets say it was an unpleasant experience.

LMAO on that same note, don't rub bengay on ur innerthighs unless u have 3 hours to lie spread eagle. otherwise expect ur nuts to get very very warm.

Andrew
    Do what needs to be done.

Every time I was in the hole I swear a turd kissed my underwear. - Hatred
    I love snatch. I think I'm addicted to it. - Stray
    I like a woman I can climb - Jinkies
    Personally ... I'm a vagitarian - Brawl
    I don't box, but I'll have a dance off with any of you tools. When I get all my 230 lbs shaking and grooving you bet your a$$es you'll get served. - BilltheButcher

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL View Post

I put it on my quads one night after football practice because they were sore as **** and getting tight. Well I kinda used too much and my underwear decided to apply some to my balls and mr happy. Lets say it was an unpleasant experience.
    Ouch.

I once, had a friend that told me it felt really good to use icy hot while.....pleasuring yourself.

We arent friends anymore.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Mine felt so bad that I couldn't have touched it if I wanted too... so I don't see how he could have enjoyed it.

Don't keep your contacts in for a couple weeks straight, then take them out and put in eye solution that has a red top. You won't be able to see, literally.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL View Post

dude me too.. except it was a bet for me. But i did it, and for a few hours I was not a happy camper. Oh and water only made it worse lol
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

9 months-20lb gains! (2005 Newbie gains)-A bit of motivation for beginners

August 2008 Progress Pics

I tried to sit in a tub of ice, but the numbness was as bad as the hotness so I figured atleast I was able to lay nice in my bed.

i put rub a535 on my pecs one time and got some on my nips. wow that REALLY hurt.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

Getting un-streamlined Progress's Avatar
    There was a guy on our varsity soccer team in high school who had gotten Icy Hot on his balls after applying it to his groin. He rectified the situation by dipping those balls in the JV water cooler. Not everyone has means to remedy the situation but his seemed to be doubled edged.

My rule is to never use Icy Hot since it doesn't work. If I'm in enough pain to consider using it, it's also enough pain for it to not have an appreciable effect.

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    I was always an ice person..

Just put it in a bag, and it worked pretty well for me...no stink, no mess.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

A buddy of mine in grad school did something similar, only with a ton of habeneros and jalapenos. The guy loved peppers. He took a little cup full of them and made himself a sammich. He didn't have a fork and the boy was anxious so he dipped both hands in the cups and placed the peppers between slices of bread. He ate, then decided to go to the bathroom.

There was no wiping or washing of the hands...just concentrated habanero and jalapeno hot stuff.

My buddy, gary, then takes a leak.

Not 5 minutes later, he's done, and starts to feel uncomfortable.

Intense burning sensations are coming in places that aren't suppose to feel this way without physical contact.

10 minutes pass and the kid is on fire. He thinks something is seriously wrong with him...he doesn't correlate the peppers and the unwashed hands with the burning pecker.

He takes a shower...which was a bad idea. It spreads it around some more...he's freaking out and about to walk to the ER (being at university with a medical school has its advantages) when his boss, an MD comes in...he sees the guy sweating etc...sits him down and asks him a series of questions and quickly figures out that it was the peppers that were irritating his employee's pecker. Pouring a little milk on there fixed everything up. LOL.

All he kept on saying was "thank God I didn't go into the ER because I could just see the med students laughing their asses off at me".

moral of the story, when eating peppers, make sure you wash your hands before taking a leak.

and yes, it was very funny to see this guy squirm.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Psssht when I was on varsity football in high school we *made* some of the JV kids put icy-hot on their nuts. Funny at the time but looking back it was kinda lame...

Sharkall I don't get your contact lense thing, but I don't know hardly anything about contacts anyway...
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

I remember in college a couple of friends and I acted like we were rubbing Bengay on our nads to trick our friend into doing it. Of course he fell for it, and all I remember is him sprinting to the bathroom, leaving behind a trail of his clothes, hahahaha

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Quote Originally Posted by Jinkies View Post
    Note to self never wipe your ass with the same hand you just applied icy hot to your back with.
    I don't know how things are done in the US, but here in Europe we actually use toilet paper to wipe our asses. That would have prevented this whole painful situation.

Quote Originally Posted by d'Anconia View Post
    Psssht when I was on varsity football in high school we *made* some of the JV kids put icy-hot on their nuts. Funny at the time but looking back it was kinda lame...

Sharkall I don't get your contact lense thing, but I don't know hardly anything about contacts anyway...
    Red tip on bottle means: DO NOT PUT IN YOUR EYES. Also keep your contacts in for more than a day will severely dry them out to the extent that you can sometimes not close them as the eye lid is so dry that the skin that can cover the eye can not because it rubs and causes more irritation. Not being able to close your eyes mixed with the wrong solution will kill your eyes for about an hour.

Edit: I thought we were noting things not to do.
    Last edited by sharkall2003; 12-13-2006 at 06:00 AM.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phreak View Post
    I don't know how things are done in the US, but here in Europe we actually use toilet paper to wipe our asses. That would have prevented this whole painful situation.
    LMAO, that's the first thing I thought of too, wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by ectx View Post
    A buddy of mine in grad school did something similar, only with a ton of habeneros and jalapenos. The guy loved peppers. He took a little cup full of them and made himself a sammich. He didn't have a fork and the boy was anxious so he dipped both hands in the cups and placed the peppers between slices of bread. He ate, then decided to go to the bathroom.

There was no wiping or washing of the hands...just concentrated habanero and jalapeno hot stuff.

Intense burning sensations are coming in places that aren't suppose to feel this way without physical contact.

10 minutes pass and the kid is on fire. He thinks something is seriously wrong with him...he doesn't correlate the peppers and the unwashed hands with the burning pecker.

He takes a shower...which was a bad idea. It spreads it around some more...he's freaking out and about to walk to the ER (being at university with a medical school has its advantages) when his boss, an MD comes in...he sees the guy sweating etc...sits him down and asks him a series of questions and quickly figures out that it was the peppers that were irritating his employee's pecker. Pouring a little milk on there fixed everything up. LOL.

All he kept on saying was "thank God I didn't go into the ER because I could just see the med students laughing their asses off at me".

moral of the story, when eating peppers, make sure you wash your hands before taking a leak.

HA! Great story, man.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

I keep my contacts in for weeks at a time, almost long enough to throw them out before I have to put them into the solution overnight one time and then wear them an additional week and pitch em out.

my highschool hockey team used to joke around with icey hot in the locker room sometimes. Well one time they tried to put some in my cup.... i thought I had gotten it all out. Boy was I wrong. During our warm up, it started tingling and I thought it felt pretty good. About 2 minutes later my nuts felt like they were in a bench vise with a blow torch underneath them. I skated right off and dunked them in the sink for the rest of practice. But I found the culprit and got him back next week.
    "Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy ass weight!" - Ronnie Coleman

"You've got to love what you're doing. If you love it, you can overcome any handicap or the soreness or all the aches and pains, and continue to play for a long, long time." -Gordie Howe

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    Speaking of contacts, dont take them out and fill your thing up with CLEANER instead of solution. I had both in my eyes before the pain started.... clawing at your eyes in terror is not the way to solve the problem either.
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

Gamer/Lifter
    Um, thanks for the advice and the great laugh.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

If these peppers were hot enough to burn his skin, how the hell did he ever ingest them?

Quote Originally Posted by phreak View Post

I've got a big ass and small hands

My mother makes and sells salsa. I was helping her one day, prepping habaneros. I didn't think about it and went to take a leak. I'm sure I don't need to finish this story.

3 days before I could crank one off again.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.