Thread: Differing bone structures among familys?

Wannabebig Member

Differing bone structures among familys?

Since I started bodybuilding I've started to pay closer attention to little things like bone structure and stature.

One thing I've noticed is that my brother and I have rather different skeletons, it seems.

I am 6'0 with very narrow bones (much to my chagrin, I hate my 6.5' wrists more than anything)

My older brother, however, is about 5'10 with a much thicker build, and wrists/elbows that are much larger.

I was wondering if this is a common occurence?

Back to wrist sizes, I know everyone says that you're born with what you have and there's not much changing it, but I have to ask: Howcome of every single one of my friends that I know (we're all in the 17-19 age range), regardless of their fitness level in other areas, ALL of their dads have wrists and forearms that are enormous when compared to theres?
    Last edited by greentinted; 12-13-2006 at 07:59 PM.

ont he wrist thinkg-the only thing you can give that to is old man strength- plus at 17-19 you havent even begun to reach your peak ,ive tend to notice guys dont start to get real big till there about 25
    Way down this road, in a gym far away, a young man was once heard to say, "I've repped high and I've repped low, No matter what I do my legs won't grow."

He tried leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses, too. Trying to cheat these sissy workouts he'd do. From the corner of the gym where the big men train, Through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

Where the big iron rides high and threatens lives, Where the noise is made with big forty fives. A deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees, A very big man with legs like trees.

Laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack, Chalking his hands and monstrous back, Said "Boy stop lying and don't say you've forgotten, Trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN"

Quote Originally Posted by 8.8 View Post
    ont he wrist thinkg-the only thing you can give that to is old man strength- plus at 17-19 you havent even begun to reach your peak ,ive tend to notice guys dont start to get real big till there about 25
    agreed
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW