Thread: Dodgy pins and needles

Weaker

Dodgy pins and needles

Hello all,

This could be nothing, and i find this forum more helpful in some ways than most things.

I sometimes get like a pins and needles feeling in my hands or feet, and no its not because i've been sitting on them weirdly or sleeping weird, what could this mean?
    Journal

BW: 12st/1168lbs
    Height: 5'9"
    Big hiatus, deciding on new goals...

poor circulation? it usually happens when you dont use a certain body part for a long time or if the circulation is getting cut off.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

Did a quick search ......

* Remaining in the same seated or standing position for a long time.
    * Injuring a nerve supplying the body part where you feel the sensation. If you have a neck injury, for example, you may feel the sensation anywhere along your arm or hand. Similarly, a low back injury can cause sciatica -- a sensation of numbness or tingling down the back of your leg.
    * Lack of blood supply to the area. For example, plaque buildup from atherosclerosis in the legs can cause pain, numbness, and tingling while walking. (This is called claudication.)
    * Pressure on the spinal nerves, as from a herniated disk.
    * Carpal tunnel syndrome. This can cause numbness or tingling in your wrist, fingers, hand, or forearm.
    * Certain medical conditions, including diabetes, underactive thyroid, multiple sclerosis, seizures, or migraine headaches.
    * Abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body.
    * Vitamin B-12 deficiency.
    * Transient ischemic attack (TIA) or stroke
    * Certain medications.
    * Toxic action on nerves, such as that from lead, alcohol, or tobacco.
    * Radiation therapy.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

What are you doing when this occurs?
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

Weaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Did a quick search ......

* Remaining in the same seated or standing position for a long time.
    * Injuring a nerve supplying the body part where you feel the sensation. If you have a neck injury, for example, you may feel the sensation anywhere along your arm or hand. Similarly, a low back injury can cause sciatica -- a sensation of numbness or tingling down the back of your leg.
    * Lack of blood supply to the area. For example, plaque buildup from atherosclerosis in the legs can cause pain, numbness, and tingling while walking. (This is called claudication.)
    * Pressure on the spinal nerves, as from a herniated disk.
    * Carpal tunnel syndrome. This can cause numbness or tingling in your wrist, fingers, hand, or forearm.
    * Certain medical conditions, including diabetes, underactive thyroid, multiple sclerosis, seizures, or migraine headaches.
    * Abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body.
    * Vitamin B-12 deficiency.
    * Transient ischemic attack (TIA) or stroke
    * Certain medications.
    * Toxic action on nerves, such as that from lead, alcohol, or tobacco.
    * Radiation therapy.

lol, you're such a hardass.

And in answer to razorcut's question, it usually just happens out of the blue, or it actually wakes me up, but then i can understand that i'm probably just sleeping weirdly.
    Last edited by Portboy; 12-16-2006 at 08:09 AM.
    Journal

BW: 12st/1168lbs
    Height: 5'9"
    Big hiatus, deciding on new goals...