Thread: What do you think of new routine?

What do you think of new routine?

Ok, well to get me out of my plateau I made a new routine. The emphasis is on on SIZE!! .. Any suggestion welcom and wanted.. THANKS

Mon- Chest

Incline DB Press-2 warm up, 3 work sets
    Flat BB Press- 2 sets 8-12
    Decline DB Press- 2 sets 8-12
    Decline DB Flies- 2 sets 10-12

Weds- Back/Shoulders
    Chin Ups- 2 warm up sets
    Lat Pulldown (Wide Grip)- 3x8-10
    Cable Row- 3x8-10
    Iso-Row- 2x10-12

DB Press-3x6-12
    Front Raise- 2x10-12
    Shrugs-3x8-10

Fri-Arms
    DB Curl- 3x8-10
    Cable Curl- 2x10-12
    Preacher Curl- 2x8-10

Cable Pushdowns- 3x8-12
    DB Tricep Extensions (behind head)- 2x8-10
    Dips- 2x10-12 (weighted)

Wrist Curls-
    2x15-25

Sat- Legs
    Leg Extension-3x10-12
    Leg Press-3x6-10
    Leg Curl- 3x10-12
    Calf Raise- 3x10

tuttut
    Last edited by Manipul8r; 02-11-2002 at 10:56 PM.

if size is the emphasis..you just may wanna throw in some squats and deads, and maybe bent over rows of some sort.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

what day would you reccomend the deads? back day? or leg day?

I'd say...the first week do regular deads on your back day. Then the second week, skip them on back day and do Sumo style deads with legs. That's my personal opinion.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

what in the flyin hell is the difference between regular deads and sumo deads?? sorry, i have only done deads a few times..

With sumo style deads, you have your feet very far apart and toes pointed out. They work your lower back, but glutes and adductor muscles as well.

ahhhh, i see, and the correct form for regular deads would be? its not on that website.... thanks for the replies, i appreciate it.

Canadian
    http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...BDeadlift.html

Here's a link on how to perform regular deads. With sumos you place your feet wide apart and let your arms come in between your legs, so you kinda look like a sumo wrestler. This are gerenally better for taller people with longer arms.
    "Discipline is never an end itself, only a means to an end." - Robert Fripp

Wannabebig Member Podium Kreatin's Avatar
    lots of ppl thinkj that:
    hi reps=size
    low rep=strength

this is pretty much flawed idea (think about it; if ur body wants to increase strength, ur muscles have to get bigger eventually rite? so, is there any logical reason that hi reps contribute to size?), b/c u can get size AND strength working on fairly low reps (4-6)
    "No one can completely believe that I am natural.
    The most important drug is to train like a madman
    -really like a madman
    The people who accuse me are those who have never trained once in their life as I train every day of my life."

Alexandr Karelin
    Ten-time World Greco-Roman Champion
    1988, 1992, 1996 Olympic gold medalist

current stats (10/19/03): 20yrs, M, 5'4 @160lbs, ~11% body fat
    lifted since march 2000

if you wanna see how deads are done, come be the water boy for me and latty.

IMO it makes no sense for you to do arms on a seperate day...since you're small and want to grow, you need more rest, not less. A push/pull/legs split would be fine for you.

I'd say do deads with legs, instead of, or in addition to leg curl.

PS, why so many decline presses? You could replace them with weighted dips and press downs, then be out of there.

hey beercan, since you suggested it, do you have a good push pull routine i could follow? b/c to be honest with you the way school is, i dont have time to go four days a week..

Where's the squats and deadlifts?!?!!?!

If you wanna pack on size you gotta do them and remember LIFT HEAVY !!
    "Plan for difficulty when it is still easy, do the great when it is still small."
    -Tao Te Ching

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."
    -Confucius

What Fatso said. Nice avatar, BTW.

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Simple 3 day split:

Day 1- pull
    Day 2- legs
    Day 3- push

Leave at least 1 day inbetween sessions(Mon, Wed, Fri works well)

As far as your exercises go:

For chest: do the flyes as your thirs exercise and finish off the day with weighted dips. Do an extension and that takes care of chest and triceps. Throw an OH press and/or side lateral and delts are done(do those before tricep extensions).

Back- why not do the chins weighted instead of pulldowns for your worksets? Lose the cable row, do a DB or barbell row. Add a rear delt lateral and 1-2 bicep exercises and you're good.

Legs- Do squats or come to the gym Friday and see how sumos are done. Start with one of those, then you can do the leg press, sldl(if you start with squats) and then you have the option of the extensions/curls(I don't like them). Add calves and you're done.

Volume for your worksets should be around 10-15 per session. Make all those sets count. 1-3 sets per exercise, 3 being the max!! Eat like a mofo, make sure you use good form. I think Beercan, myself and my girlfriend use better formn than 98% of the people who train in that gym. So don't look at what they are doing.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL