The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Taking a week off...a few questions

the last time I've taken a week off from lifting was in june, and I really didn't wanna take one off now but this seems to be the perfect week to do it. My gym will be closed christas eve and christmas day, my upper back/lower neck area is extremely sore for some reason (almost like a stiff neck but worse), and to top it off I'm sick (fever symptoms and achey all over). Its gonna kill me taking a week off especially since I've been making some decent gains in the last 3-4 weeks.

My main question is how much being sick will impact my week off. I know you need to give your body a week to rest every once in a while, but will being sick during the rest week somehow make it a less beneficial rest period? And do you suggest taking a week off in the near future when I'm healthy? Thanks.

S(atg) - B - DL
    375 - 335 - 515

"Gaining weight and having bigger body will make you look great on any clothing. Men with strong body are very attractive to women. General people tend to admire big muscle too." -mbijay

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Because you're that sick, I would recommend taking a week off regardless. Just get plenty of rest and keep your calories up, and you'll be fine.

Wannabebig Member
    The reason you made some good gains could be because you were coming down with a cold. When you body detects the virus it releases extra hormones to try and fight it off. These hormones can affect your workouts and give you false gains.

Don't train when you are ill. Not only do you put extra stress on your body when it needs all it energy to recover, but all the others training in the gym don't want to catch it.

Keep the nutrition up, take in extra vit C and I think zinc too, to help your immune system.

Go training when you feel 100%, and have a nice Christmas.

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    Take as much time as you need off.

I'm recovering from surgery and I have to take 2 weeks off. Just keep protein intake HIGH.
    Last edited by Jordanbcool; 12-23-2006 at 09:51 AM.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)