Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 25/8 Swole 25 Hours 8 Days Straight

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas

25/8 Swole 25 Hours 8 Days Straight

New journal

Im officially done with football. Im closing a 10 year chapter of my life. This will be the first time in my life that I will be working out soley for me and not preparing for a sport.

Im pretty excited because it will be the first time in my life I will have a full year to workout hard to see what I can really do. I usually only had 7 months of good quality training then it would slack off due to the season. I would be excited because the season would be starting but it would also be the time when im the strongest and making huge results and lifitng is great and looking better. Now I have that full year to see what I can do.

Goals

Ive always been an offensive lineman which means i was always big and strong ond to make sure I stayed that way I ate what ever when ever even slow moving children at times.

In Highschool I played at around 280 pounds and most of my college career at around 290. In the begining of this year (during the offseason) I decided to clean up my diet a bit, nothing to serious and I managed to lose 30 pounds in about 4 months and got down to 260-265ish. I played at the weight all year and felt great was alot quicker and made the All Conference Team.

So since I have no more reason to be 270 or 280 since im no longer playing football my main goal will be to lose the undesired bodyfat.

My goal is to contiue to lift and get stronger and gain muscle mass, but make the same small cutbacks in eating and try to lose about 30 or 40 more pounds.

I want to get down between 220-230. I think I can get down to that size and be lean and cut like I want. I dont want to be super ripped just somewhat defined and mainly get rid of this gut I have...lol

Plan

Make the same cutbacks I did last year which was pretty much just eliminating soda and juice from my diet which takes away a ton of calories, drinking lots of water, cutting back on fried foods and making small changes where I see fit, skipping on process foods, snack cakes and cookies and **** like that. Instead of going on a diet I want to change my eating habits.

as far as working out nothing will change much, I will continue to lift heavy weights and do the big lifts.

My goal is to be dead sexy, even sexier than I am now this time next year,...lol

perhaps even workin so I can get visable abs which I think I can do if I cleanly cut down to about 220 pounds.

thats the goal and plan
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    First workout of the year. stared out light on legs. It is a fraction of my normal workouts and weight but man it was tough Im probably going to need a good month to realy get back into my same volume of work.

Good Mornings
    135x8
    135x8
    225x6
    225x6

Squats
    225x8
    275x8
    315x5
    315x5
    (those sets with 315 were tough but it felt good to get back under a squat rack)

Sumo deadlifts
    315x3
    315x3
    315x3
    (alot lighter than I expected but im still taking it easy)

RDL
    225x8
    225x8
    225x8

Calf raises
    640x10
    640x10
    640x10
    (hard contractions at top slow on the way down, felt good)

man it feels good to be fully back in the iron game tommrow will be the bench workout

phil 4:13 I can do all things through christ who strengthens me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

Nice heavy lifts Corey. So are you at all depressed about football being over?

Oh and, stop eating slow moving children. I hear it's bad for the digestive system.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Some times I get depressed a little but only when I watch the game, especially a college game cause its me in a since. and its what I vae done for so many years ima definelty miss the game and playing in the games.

But then right behind that i think of all those hot ass summer days two a day practices with 30 pounds of equipment on, dealing with coaches in a bad mood, waking up at 7am for weights and bs meetings, being dog tired after practice, all the time it took up, all the time i spent in the training room, playing with a broken hand, dislocated fingers, bulging disk in neck and back, body aching when I wake up, all the torture running and drills and headaches...

in contempt with moving on, Ive had a successful career

in 10 seasons ive played 90 games and won 75 games, never won a championship which i regret but im slowly getting over it

Weightlifting quickly made its way to my second passion and this I can do forever as long as im in good health and I can do it my way, as hard and just like I want, and if anything faisl its all my faluth and im in control. I definetly think weight lifitng will fill the void, hopefully even my competitive edge, I hope to start powerlifitng within the next few years when I think my numbers are ready.

Looks like some great lifts right there man, nice job
    20 years old
    6' 1"
    Current Weight:175 (10/28/08)
    Clean Bulk

thanx for noticing bschatz88

first bench workout, it went well i thought with the exception of my chest feeling kinda weird on my last few sets of bench but it didnt bother me the rest of the workout

bench press
    warmups
    225x8
    225x8
    250x6
    275x5
    275x5

incline bench
    225x5
    225x5
    225x5
    225x5

dumbell press
    90x8
    100x8
    100x6

floor press
    225x5
    275x5
    275x3

close grip bench press
    135x10
    225x6
    225x6
    225x4

one leg calf raises
    300x12 each leg 4 sets

two leg calf raises
    75 rep routine x 500

military press
    135x8
    135x8
    135x8

side laterals
    30x8
    30x8
    35x8

done

phil 4:13 i can do all things through christ who strengthen me
    Last edited by BigCorey75; 11-29-2005 at 06:38 PM.

Hey you big sumbiatch! Longass time no post man. It's awesome to see you back here, working your ass off. You say you want to powerlift? I just started westside and have seen huge gains (see journal). I think you'd benefit. You're also right about lifting being a passion, it's my #1 passion. It consumes you, and makes you all the better.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

One thing you will miss about football is just plain hitting people. I played LB in high school and one of the biggest things I miss is the lockerroom with the guys, and just hitting drills in practice.
    Last edited by gator; 11-29-2005 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Hatfield
    Hey you big sumbiatch! Longass time no post man. It's awesome to see you back here, working your ass off. You say you want to powerlift? I just started westside and have seen huge gains (see journal). I think you'd benefit. You're also right about lifting being a passion, it's my #1 passion. It consumes you, and makes you all the better.

i live and breath by westside man, this is just a way for me to get back into into it. In the begining of the year my workouts will take upon a more westside look

ive been not posting much because ... well i dunno i view the site everyday just havent been posting now i feel its time to restart my journal

Quote Originally Posted by gator
    One thing you will miss about football is just plain hitting people. I played LB in high school and one of the biggest things I miss is the lockerroom with the guys, and just hitting drills in practice.
    yeah definetly i will just miss the over all physical nature of the game, miss competing and overall punishing people.

I will def miss the comradere but alot of us are very close and i believe will contiue to remain good friends, we all still hang out alot

good first back workout

barbell rows
    185x8
    225x5
    225x5
    225x5
    250x5

assisted pullups
    3x5

hammer strength rows
    315x5
    315x5
    315x5

high pulls
    135x5
    135x5
    135x5

Barbell curls
    115x5
    115x5
    115x5

dumbell curls
    30x8
    35x8
    40x8
    40x8

done and done

phil 4:13 i can do all things through christ who strengthens me..

Not bad workouts for coming off the season. I still have 4 more years of eligibility so I'm bulking during the winter, cutting during the spring. I do see what you mean though by it just being nice to workout for yourself and your own personal goals than for a sport, that's for sure.

Nice DB Presses
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Quote Originally Posted by SalahG
    Not bad workouts for coming off the season. I still have 4 more years of eligibility so I'm bulking during the winter, cutting during the spring. I do see what you mean though by it just being nice to workout for yourself and your own personal goals than for a sport, that's for sure.

enjoy them man and get the most out of them

and yes it is

decent leg workout today, still taking it easy getting back into it

deadlifts
    315x3
    315x3
    315x3
    315x3
    315x3

olympic squats
    225x5
    225x5
    225x5
    225x5

goodmorning squats
    135x8
    135x8
    135x8

calf raises
    500x25
    500x25
    700x10
    700x10
    700x10
    500xfailure
    500xfailure

Wow I haven't seen you in here in a long ass time. I remember your journal always amazed the **** out of me when I first joined 2 years ago. I'm still amazed at the crazy ass volume you do per workout. Good luck with your weight loss goals.

yeah i always here people say i have alot of volume in my workouts but i have to i dont over train cause i keep gaining so im keeping it i may have to back it off so i can lose weight due to less food intake

pretty much now im working out on instinct no set program yet, just getting back into it

bench press
    225x8
    225x8
    225x8
    225x8

incline dumbell press
    90x8
    90x8
    90x8

dips
    4x8

dumbell curls
    40x8
    45x8
    50x8
    50x6

barbell curls
    1 set of 21's

done and done

phil 4:13 i can do all things through christ who strengthens me

nice lifts and nice phillipinians verse
    I don't have time. I make time.

Good to see you back! I bet alot DL are glad your finished playing also.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

Quote Originally Posted by albanat0r
    nice lifts and nice phillipinians verse
    thanx man i have the verse (number not entirely) tatoed on my arm PHIL 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by bill
    Good to see you back! I bet alot DL are glad your finished playing also.

yeha a bunch of them are....lol

infact after the last game a few coaches from the other team and players i played agaisnt talked to me and told me they were glad they didnt hav e to go against me ever again, so it made me fell a little better after losing

missed my leg workout monday because of group project meeting so i did my bench workout today, it was alot better than last week

bench press
    225x10
    245x8
    265x6
    275x6
    300x4

incline bench press
    225x5
    245x5
    245x5

dumbell bench press
    100x8
    100x8
    100x10

incline dumbell bench
    100x8
    100x8
    100x6

dips
    3x10

push press
    135x8
    135x8
    135x8

standing dumbell press
    50x8
    60x8
    65x6

side laterals
    30x8
    35x8
    40x8
    40x8

done and done

good back workout today

pullups (assisted)
    wide grip 5x5
    close grip 5x5

barbell rows
    225x5
    225x5
    225x5
    245x5
    245x5

hammer strength rows
    365x5
    365x5
    365x5
    365x5

dumbell curls
    35x8
    40x8
    40x8
    50x5

barbell curls
    75x8
    75x8
    75x8

done and done

phil 4:13 i can do all things through christ who strengthens me

gotta catch up

i decided to lose my mind on my leg workout for some reason, doesnt sound hard but when you rest under a min per set it was crazy

deadlifts
    315x3
    335x3 for 6 sets
    tried to make the full 10 but my back wasnt taking it...lol

olympic squats
    225x10
    225x10
    225x10
    225x10
    (ass to calfs on all sets)

bulgarian squats
    30x8 per leg 3 sets

calf raises
    crazy set routine i got from a frien of mine
    12 slow reps, hold in contracted position for 12 secs then 12 quick reps then 12 more secs keep going in that fashion until you get 60 reps and 60 secs of static contraction very painful felt great

ill call it the 12 step program, 2 sets of that

my calfs were dead, which is usually hard for me to do

bench day friday

dynamic bench
    9x3 185 used 3 different grips
    speed was decnet but i can tell i need to get back to doing these

incline bench
    205x10
    205x10
    205x10
    205x10

dumbell bench
    100x10
    100x10
    100x10

dips
    3x10

military press
    135x10
    135x10
    135x10
    135x10

dumbell shoulder press (standing)
    60x10
    60x10
    60x10

side laterals
    30x10
    30x10
    30x10

tricep extensions
    75x10
    75x10
    75x10

done