The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Chest & Abs Question.....(possible Injury)

I need some good opinions on my situation.
    I do not train abs on a regular basis like I should, but I do train them a couple times a month usually.
    Last Thursday I trained them decent. I didnít hit them hard, but good enough for me. Thursday went by and I was fine.
    I woke up Friday and was still fine. So I went to the gym to train my chest.
    I had an AWESOME chest day. I hit it hard from every angle and was lifting more than what I usually do. I would say that I did more volume with more weight as well (more than normal). Hereís where it gets bad for meÖ..
    After working out, my wife and I go to eat lunch. I would say that an hour went by after I lifted my last weight to the time we went to eat. When we get to the resteraunt I notice that my lower left to center of my ďbellyĒ area or what Iím going to call my ab area is VERY sore.
    So here I am on day 4 with a little improvement on how I feel.
    Some of the soreness has gone away, but I do still have some pain in that area.
    My question for all of you is, what do you think the problem is? What are the chances of a pulled or strained muscle in that area in just that location? Wouldnít the opposite location be sore as well?
    Do the abs get involved with heavy lifting when doing chest?
    Iím a big fan of supplements of course but I guess I am a little worried that maybe something internally is a little stressed out. Iím not sure what to think at this point, but I do hope that it is a pulled muscle or something like that. Thoughts & opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

it really depends what chest exercise you have done few very activate your abs but a few do
    what other things have you been doing as of training any type of cardio?
    I had a injury in this area and it was from over use of my hip flexors --it s was actually making my abs cramp up---so in short your abs could be compensating for another area that is over used or really really tight
    of course Im no doctor if it persists for over 3 or 4 weeks get it checked out

Update?

It would be a bit unusual to strain/pull an abdominal muscle without affecting the other side......but not outside the realm of possibility. Having said that, any asymmetric abdominal pain that persists (and is unexplained) probably deserves a formal medical evaluation.
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.Ē --- Charles Darwin