Thread: Bill Starr progress

Bill Starr progress

Hey guys its been 3 weeks since ive started and now I can easily say, the workouts are getting harder. Not a problem of course.

Overall ive gained about 2-3 pounds which im proud of as I seemed to have hit a wall.
    My shoulders have gotten alot stronger as well as my chest, which has always been lacking in strength and size (For anyone with a weak chest, this routine is for you). My squats still are easy but I will continue with them to mak sure my technique is down... dont want any problems. My deadlift I think is my most impressive gained. In 3 monthes I went from 45 pounds to now 180x5.

This is a great all around routine and I can see myself using this for years as an opportunity to gain strength.

Thanks WBB!

i'm about where you are for the starr program....i'm struggling to keep up with it though.....i'm 15 weeks into my cut and i have to say this program is really difficult to do while losing weight....

congrats on your progress

Reach down between your legs and find a pair of balls. That's what it takes to lift big weights. Genetics is the weak man's excuse for why he sucks at life. Don't be that guy - RhodeHouse

Any man under 200lbs is a woman - RhodeHouse

woooooo, Bill Starr ROCKS!!!

good work manm keep hammering away.
    Being a strong teenager means nothing.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Dust out the vagina, and keep on lifting.

Moto with the weight your lifting I could see how it could be hard

You won't make consistent gains on that program for years. You'll need to switch it up once your progress stalls (which it will eventually, the kind of progress mandated in that program is unsustainable). But enjoy the ride while it lasts. It's a great routine.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

Of course I will change up routines. But in say a year I may go back to this routine and will start to see gains again.

Quote Originally Posted by BFGUITAR View Post
    Hey guys its been 3 weeks since ive started and now I can easily say, the workouts are getting harder. Not a problem of course.

Overall ive gained about 2-3 pounds which im proud of as I seemed to have hit a wall.
    My shoulders have gotten alot stronger as well as my chest, which has always been lacking in strength and size (For anyone with a weak chest, this routine is for you). My squats still are easy but I will continue with them to mak sure my technique is down... dont want any problems. My deadlift I think is my most impressive gained. In 3 monthes I went from 45 pounds to now 180x5.

This is a great all around routine and I can see myself using this for years as an opportunity to gain strength.

Thanks WBB!
    With the lower amount of weight you are able to lift try using a smaller percentage of increase per week. Might be easier.