The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

CONFUSED about wbb!!!

I just read one of the poll ?'s someone else asked and for the most part the most people do other routines. Now I have worked out for 6 months now and seen some gains on my own. Then I found this site and started doing wbb1 because everyone in the forum said it was very good. Now I am wondering and not sure. I have time for a 4 day split but didn t see any routines I liked (don t like B S 5x5). I figure I am a newbe,give me an honest answer will i see great results from this or should I look elsewhere. I want to put size on,I want to see gains.Yes I do eat right I have a nutritionist planning my 7 day a week 7 to 8 meals aday plan. Also I drive a truck for 14 hours a day is this(wbb) enough for me or could/should add 1 more day.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Well u have to mix it up, WWB is good, but you have to change it and maybe go to WBB2 or 3.

Wannabebig Member
    I didn t say I didn t like it. I just started it. But i want to do the best routine to put size on.Ypu said switch up towbb 2 or 3 you didn t mean now you meant in the future,right. If its so good why isn t more people doing it or is it just more for newbies. Instead of taking the 2 days off could i only take the 1 off and keep the routine going.1 on 1off like that.I don t do anything but drive and sit so i do get alot of rest

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    But i want to do the best routine to put size on.
    Eating enough calories will help you put on size. Pick a routine and stick with it for a while. If it works, keep doing it. If not, switch up your routine until you find something that's working. Just keep in mind how important your diet is. You won't gain much at all if you're not eating enough. It's as simple as that.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Banned
    make your own routine taylored to your bodies need, i doubt the wwb workouts will do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
    make your own routine taylored to your bodies need, i doubt the wwb workouts will do it for you.
    As a beginner he doesn't KNOW what works best yet - which exercises, high reps, low reps, rest periods, total volume, density, frequency of training etc etc.

The best way to find out is to try pre-made routines until you learn your own body. Making up your own routine as a beginner will end up a complete mess.

WBB1 is fine for putting on mass. It may not look like a huge amount on paper but if you try your hardest in the gym and lift the heaviest you can then it works very well. Of course the "mass" part is down to your diet. If your diet is good then you will definately see results.

When you've done a few pre-made routine and learned your own body - (i.e. my calves respond best to high reps, my traps need direct heavy work etc etc) THEN make your own routine that is superior. Before you know your body, you are just guessing and it will go horribly wrong.

Wannabebig Member
    It s not that I think wbb is to much,I thought it wasn t enough from what I was doing before.(over training i'm sure).I like it but I read that poll and not to many people were using it. I just wondered why,and had to ask my own ?.I will stick with it and will see. I take from what you are saying I will see good results and yes my deit is very good.

Bill starr is very good I think. My gains are massive.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    It s not that I think wbb is to much,I thought it wasn t enough from what I was doing before.(over training i'm sure).I like it but I read that poll and not to many people were using it. I just wondered why,and had to ask my own ?.I will stick with it and will see. I take from what you are saying I will see good results and yes my deit is very good.
    Most people probably aren't using WBB1 because it's a great beginners routine and people may have grown out of it.

As I said in my post above, different things work for different people. WBB1 is an excellent starting point for ANYONE but soon you will have a better idea of what works for YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Elmo is right. I started on WBB1 myself, but eventually I grew out of it.

You will grow out of it too eventually, but it's a great place to start.
    Forever Goal: Strength

Weightlifting sucks. I just like to lift heavy things.