The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Saban to Bama

Saban to Bama

The guy's an incredible coach. Two questions come to mind:

1. How long does it take for him to win a national title there?
    2. Who do the Dolphins go after now?

IMO, he wins a NC within 4 years. Bama will be back on the national scene. The Dolphins? No idea, but I doubt they'll dip into the college ranks this time around.
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

8 years, 42 mill guaranteed. ridiculous. and people wonder why there is such a low grad rate/suffering academics at these schools.

"Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
    "No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
    "Reach for some self discipline."-Holto

I thought he'd emphatically stated he wasn't interested in the position?
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

Quote Originally Posted by Organichu View Post
    I thought he'd emphatically stated he wasn't interested in the position?
    he said that several times. in three years he'll be saying he's not interested in the cowboys job and then screw everybody and take it.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Quote Originally Posted by razorcut View Post
    *Cough* according to my good luck it doesn't appear that it will happen until I graduate from the University of Southern California. Unfortunately that won't be until 2010.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

d'Anconia, your a class of 2010'er as well? thats good stuff mane. me too.

"Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
    "No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
    "Reach for some self discipline."-Holto

Hahahahha well I was *supposed* to be 2008 but I very honestly will be graduating in 2010 at the expense of my father's wallet. And for the record no i don't feel great about that part of it...
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Two years ago, he left a top tier SEC school (LSU) for the NFL.

Now, the NFL isn't good enough to keep from an admittedly historical team that is in the ****ter (Alabama).

In the end, he left a constant national championship contender for a team that has had high expectations and low results for a decade.

Enjoy, Nick.

I'm a big Dolphin fan so I'm disappointed. I thought they should kept the Defensive Co and made him head coach. He went to Green Bay I think.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

Miami might score Ron Rivera, the Bears D-Coordinator. I know he interviewed for the Arizona job but Miami might be a better fit for him. He'd already have some solid defensive players to start with.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Guido Arizona would probably get him then. They have lots of offense young with talent.
    If Dante cant' come back and be a top player the Fins are in trouble. Who knows about Ricky? I would say give up on him now, taking another roster space.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by Optimum08 View Post
    8 years, 42 mill guaranteed. ridiculous. and people wonder why there is such a low grad rate/suffering academics at these schools.
    I am pretty sure it was for 32 mill over 8 years. Still not shabby.

He is in a tough division, so i think he will have a tougher time than a lot of people think. On the other side, if he goes undefeated in the division he has a damn good chance to be ranked high enough to be a national champ contender.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

I hope miami hires Mike Shula LOL and we win da superbowl next year. LOL
    Dreams can come true.
    I wouldn't be surprised about Mike Shula getting the job. LOL
    Jim Bates was the Def Co.

Cowher would be a good fit right now considering some of the phins main coordinators were with him when he started out in pit.
    Height - 5'10"

WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by razorcut View Post
    My vote is for "never".

Bama is at least a full decade behind the rest of the SEC.

As long as Florida doesn't stumble [meaning as long as Urban Meyer has a pulse] Bama will live under the shadows of the Gators. LSU, Auburn, Tennessee, and Arkansas won't roll over for the Tide either.

This isn't Bear Bryant's SEC anymore. 5 SEC teams in the Top 20 right now [more than any other conference] with a combined record of 53-11. Bama has a looooong way to go.

Funny you mention Bear Bryant, I am currently reading "The Junction Boys". Great read for sure. He was brutal with the team in his first year at A&M.
    Height - 5'10"

Saban is a shady mofo, he recruited a lot of players at MSU, made countless empty promises to them. I know at MSU a lot of the players didn't look up to him how they really should to a coach.... they tolerated him... then again we don't seem to "hire" coaches, it's more like try them out for no more than 3 seasons...

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Saban is a shady mofo, he recruited a lot of players at MSU, made countless empty promises to them. I know at MSU a lot of the players didn't look up to him how they really should to a coach.
    I also know people who played for Saban who had a ton of respect for him, and felt lucky to play for such a winner (beating Michigan, then destroying Florida in their bowl game) after a guy like Perles left.

Saban, unlike Perles, was a demanding coach, and expected perfect execution. He beat OSU, beat Michigan MULTIPLE times, got fantastic recruiting classes for State, etc. He absolutely turned their training & diets upside down, and brought them up to speed.

Saban was GREAT for the university, and they would've gotten a BARGAIN if they had merely doubled his salary, which is less than what John L. Smith made. That guy, according to Stanton, can't even find Grand Rapids without a map. Saban is TWICE the coach Lloyd "Man Boobs" Carr is, and State let him get away without even trying. He was gonna go pro at some point anyway, but to not even try to match the salary that sad-sack (at the time) LSU offered was a sad, sick joke.

It was the first and LAST time Michigan State will ever get the nation's #1 (or #3, depending on whom you believe) player. If he can recruit in the north & midwest with that accent, he can certainly do it in Alabama. In 3 years, Alabama will be in the top 20 again.

Saban is a relatively young guy with 20+ years of kicking a** ahead of him.
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"
    - Jerry Glanville discussing Barry Sanders