Thread: South Beach and New Workout

Wannabebig New Member

South Beach and New Workout

I am about 3 months into the South Beach diet and have lost about 20 pounds.

I have learned a lot about how I used to eat and also what not to eat. I am ready to start a workout to cut and gain some strength. I have been reading and seems a lot of people consume 3000-4000 calories a day depending on there workout. I am not sure how to integrate a large calorie intake diet with the south beach diet. I guess what I am getting at is I am worried about gaining the fat back and not muscle when I start to work out and eat more.

I would imagine sticking with the same whole grains and proteins just more of them will be sufficient when starting the workout?

Any suggestions on keeping the fat off when starting a new work out and eating habits?

Any links to diets and workouts would be great.

Here is a link to my intoduction:

wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?p=1571842#post1571842

(second post so could not link copy and paste if you would like to check it out)

Thanks for any input!

First of all I would like to say that South beach diet is good in the sense that its not a crash diet but more of a lifestyle change. If you respond well to lower carb diets then stick to it. As with any type of diet if you are starting a workout regimen up your calories slightly and see how your body responds. Track your current calories for a week ( www.fitday.com is a godd place to do it ) and add maybe 500 clean cals in the form of protein and healthy fats on workout days.

As far as routines are concerned any of the WBB1-3 routines or the BGB routine are great starting points. There are links to them at the top of the Bodybuilding and Weightlifting section.

Good luck, dont be afraid to use the search button and if you still have questions ask away.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

i went from a fat nasty 240 down to 185 eating strictly south beach 6 days a week with one blowout day, lifting hard 3 or 4 days a week, and running or hiit a few times a week. i think the south beach diet is the best diet plan out there as far as all that goes.

for gaining fat, etc. i got to where i was eating everything in sight and didn't get fat. up the calories slowly and see what happens. fitday should become your best friend.
    if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough