The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your Senior Year...

I just want to know how everyones senior year went, im SUPPOSED to be in school but i keep F-ing staying home, i cant stand this year! especially with the new principal and queer classes.

were you guys out alot? its very close to mid year and this is my 10th absence lol.

my grades are good (ABC) except for eng and math, had a hard time with the past few math sections but this section is easy thank god.

..and i swear if my friend keeps busting my balls and calling me a lazy prick and saying im never gonna get certified for training im going to beat the hell out of him, thats why ALL I DO is sit and research classes, information, certifications, not to mention im reading 4 books AND asking around for as much help as i can.

just because he has perfect attendance and got accepted to university of new haven doesnt mean he can bust my chops.
    Last edited by Stumprrp; 01-09-2007 at 08:43 AM.
    2000 or bust

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I ended up dropping three classes, having a half day and I had all A's and B's, did some "recreational" things on the side everyday and had the best year of high school I could imagine.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Quote Originally Posted by sharkall2003 View Post
    I ended up dropping three classes, having a half day and I had all A's and B's, did some "recreational" things on the side everyday and had the best year of high school I could imagine.
    see shark, this is part of the new rules.

NO studys allowed, NO senior privledges, no half days.

you need 7 classes and a full schedule.

the only A's i currently have are in my vocational class (computer tech, formally cisco networking which i had straight A's for 3 years) and gym class, my law class i have a B, music theory i have a C (its hard for drummers), java programming i have a B, english and math i have a D, thats my only problem.
    2000 or bust

High school is a ****ing joke. You are basically babysat all day and spoon fed good grades

I remember bitching too dude. Wait till you go to university, math gets a little harder then just solving for x and those "queer classes" are required for your program and taught by prof's who can't speak English
    Last edited by accuFLEX; 01-09-2007 at 08:49 AM.

i think i slept my way through all of high school if that makes you feel any better, stump. senior year was ridiculous. i got early acceptance into college around december, so i basically did nothing for the remainder of the year. a lot of partying and skipping class.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Stumprrp View Post
    see shark, this is part of the new rules.

NO studys allowed, NO senior privledges, no half days.

you need 7 classes and a full schedule.

the only A's i currently have are in my vocational class (computer tech, formally cisco networking which i had straight A's for 3 years) and gym class, my law class i have a B, music theory i have a C (its hard for drummers), java programming i have a B, english and math i have a D, thats my only problem.
    I had "work release" because I was a straight A student for two previous years. I ended up using my work release to smoke dope all day and weightlift. It worked well for me. I was accepted into a University, decided to drop out of there and do what I really wanted to do and that was go to a technical school for firefighting. Just make sure you know what you want to do. If you want to be a medical student, then you need to be working you nutsack off to get into a good college. If you want to go to a University you need to still be working your nutsack off. Scholarships, grants, and financial aid are a based on that, usually.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs

Man, you've only got 5 months left and then you're done. That's nothing. I'm sure you can handle it.

I actually enjoyed my senior year more than any other. Pretty easy classes and probably my best grades in HS.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Quote Originally Posted by accuFLEX View Post
    High school is a ****ing joke. You are basically babysat all day and spoon fed good grades
    Can't say it any better. Your professors in college don't give two ****s about you passing. It helps if you do because they're usually paid more, but that's about it. College is awesome if you want independence and don't need to be babysat. Going to a University was easy for me. I just skipped the last two months and pulled off B's and C's.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs

What i want to be is a personal trainer or strength coach, with a solid base in anatomy and nutrition. obviously nothing i am doing is helping me, im doing all of the studing on my own time.

im applying to a community college for 2 years in general studies but with more concern on science and business, then i want to transfer to URI for Kineosology(i cannot spell it)

i fully understand that classes get harder in college, obviously, and i CANT WAIT to get there.
    2000 or bust

College was SOOO much better than HS. I miss it.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

as i hear, and the kid i work with at my work has his classes all set up in 1 day with a random class on another day, im down with that so i get my work done, and able to work the rest of the time.

right now im trying to get a foundation in the science behind nutrition and strength training so when i turn 18 i can get a cert from NFPT which the test location is right in Warwick, then i can apply to golds for strength trainer, and still go to school in the process.

is my plan bad? my guidance counc said it sounds good and so did Issac on this forum, he also told me you make some good money working at the commercial gyms until your ready to do your own private stuff or work for a college.
    2000 or bust

^Stumprrp, go to university and get yourself a degree in kinetics and/or recreation. You're going to make like 20k a year with a cert

Sounds like a reasonable plan to me. It's great that you already know what you want to do. So many people don't at your age. Now you can focus everything on just doing what you have to do to get there.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    The best year of my life was my senior year in high school.

1. I skipped twice a week from school. Not the whole day but various classes I didn't need/want to go too. Sometimes even more then that.
    2. I didn't do any homework after the football season.
    3. I would come in late almost every day
    4. I would drive off from school to get Mcdonalds almost every day
    5. I would steal under underclassmen (friends) to come with me to do dumb things
    6. I laughed at my teachers when they asked me about my grades

I passed with flying colors. It was a joke really. I was actually amazed that a school would send me out to the free world with all the things I did.....I would skip so much, do nothing, and cause tons of mischief left and right. Good times..
    Last edited by Jordanbcool; 01-09-2007 at 09:36 AM.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Banned
    What i want to be is a personal trainer or strength coach, with a solid base in anatomy and nutrition. obviously nothing i am doing is helping me, im doing all of the studing on my own time.

im applying to a community college for 2 years in general studies but with more concern on science and business, then i want to transfer to URI for Kineosology(i cannot spell it)

i fully understand that classes get harder in college, obviously, and i CANT WAIT to get there.
    there were so many of people when i grauduated (included the classes before and after me)
    hmm they either work now and a food place, work at banks or sell used cars and similar occupations. Our validictorian went went to a four year school and got a bachlore degree in it, I bumped into here once when i was getting something to eat at bob evans, she was my server. , then she said she was going back to school for massage therapy, not sure how that turned out.

there isnt much demand fo rthe profession you are hoping for, and people in it arnt paid well., not trying to discourage you to much, if thats what you want to do then go for it, just have another business pan so you can work in your hobby if you want.

My senior year was great. I had the last period of the day off every day and 2 days out of the week the last 2 periods so I got to leave early. Seniors could leave during any free period to get food as well which resulted in a lot of mid-day blunt rides to McDonalds.

I'm in the same boat as you Stump, sort of. 7 hours required, the only way you can get out of any would be for work experience. My Senior year classes are pretty rediculuos though, and I pretty much do nothing and still retain my 4.0.

I just wish do like RBB and just dick around for the second semester since I've already been accepted to a couple colleges, but places like Michigan, where I'm pretty sure I'll go, can and will deny the acceptance if your grades drop.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

hmm, i guess i will have to work 2 jobs until i get the degree in kinitics, thats what i was going to take at URI just get my gen ed done at CCRI and save money.

7 dollars an hour full time comes out to like 14k a year, so your saying even if i have good clients i will only make approx 9 dollars an hour?

i mean it will get me on my feet i dont plan on leaving home until i am ready.

honestly i have nothing else in mind, it used to be computers but now i cant stand it, hmm now my nerves are really shot.

invain a 4.0 is really high, you can probley get accepted to any school you want with that.

i have a 2.6 =/
    Last edited by Stumprrp; 01-09-2007 at 10:33 AM.
    2000 or bust

i have a 2.6 =/
    I graduated with a 3.1 and a 25 on my ACT. Schools look at the difficulty of the courses you take. You're going to a technical school so it's a cakewalk to get in there.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs

Senior year was pretty easy for me. I had a full schedule the previous two years, so going into the year I only actually needed 2.5 credits to graduate. The classes I did take required a bit more work (Physics, Chemistry, Calculus), but it wasn't too bad. I got to sleep in until 10 each day, and I was finished by 2:15. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkall2003 View Post
    Can't say it any better. Your professors in college don't give two ****s about you passing. It helps if you do because they're usually paid more, but that's about it. College is awesome if you want independence and don't need to be babysat. Going to a University was easy for me. I just skipped the last two months and pulled off B's and C's.
    That's fine and all, but first year classes are pretty much a joke, so I hope you don't think that the rest of your time at University is that easy. It gets much more difficult after freshman year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofer View Post
    Senior year was pretty easy for me. I had a full schedule the previous two years, so going into the year I only actually needed 2.5 credits to graduate. The classes I did take required a bit more work (Physics, Chemistry, Calculus), but it wasn't too bad. I got to sleep in until 10 each day, and I was finished by 2:15. Good times.

That's fine and all, but first year classes are pretty much a joke, so I hope you don't think that the rest of your time at University is that easy. It gets much more difficult after freshman year.
    I switched over to a technical school and the workload I'll have there is probably triple of what I have to do at the University. I have calculus, chemistry, and a firefighting class that meets 15 hours a week. I have some other classes too, but they'll be easy like psychology and sociology.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs

yeah i took 2 years of Cisco Networking (1234) and got an A+ every quarter, and so far in Computer Tech i have A's

although in cisco we started to slack off toward the end, teacher included lol.

but the colleges dont know that.

If i do very good at CCRI in my general studies will URI look at that when i apply for the Kinetics major? especially with a joint agreement?
    2000 or bust

yeah i took 2 years of Cisco Networking (1234) and got an A+ every quarter, and so far in Computer Tech i have A's

although in cisco we started to slack off toward the end, teacher included lol.

but the colleges dont know that.

If i do very good at CCRI in my general studies will URI look at that when i apply for the Kinetics major? especially with a joint agreement?
    So why would you become a certified technician at the very least?
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs

well i could get my CCNA if the training doesnt work out, but i really dont remember much. id have to refresh myself, i have no intrest in that anymore.
    2000 or bust

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    I loved my senior year of high school: classes were super easy, the teachers all knew me and liked me, I no longer had to take Spanish (aced it but hated it), half my classes were in my chosen major (architecture), as a senior I had first pic for gym class and I chose weight lifting, and I was one of the art editors for the school magazine. I hardly ever skipped classes.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."