Thread: Cardio Question?

Cardio Question?

What do you guys do for cardio? duration, speed etc. Currently i do 20-25 minutes at 4MPH, a brisk walking pace. Im just looking to aid in my fat loss while building. Do you think i should increase the pace, or length in order to increase fat loss?

You can always increase the gradient on the treadmill.

I find running taxing on my shins so I have to increase the incline and walk about 4 mph for about 30-40 minutes.

Yeah i was just reading that you should decrease the intensity and increase the logetivity of the cardio workout in order to have maximum fat loss.

You've hard about the target heart range right? 220-your age then take that number and multiple it by 60% ad 80% to get the number of beats a minute that your heart should stay in when you do aerobic training. if you keep your heart beats in the 60-80% range you'll be doing effective cardio work.

Banned
    Hi Gyno

The best way to lose fat and also maintain muscle is HIIT(high intensity interval training).

I tried myslef last year and I got good results.

Sprint for 30 /45 sec as fast as you can go,followed by 30/45 walk pace.

For the beginning do it for 8 min and gradually increase it to 20 min.

A lot of guys find that it works pretty good in terms of losing fat.

I did this routine for almost 2 months and I can tell you that was worthwhile...

Wannabebig Member
    I also do the HIIT and it is excellent. My slow days though I do 5k at about a 6 - 6.6 mph pace. My HIIT on the other hand, I don't go by time cause I run at night often so I found a long street and run to every second telephone post in a sprint then walk Quickly to the next second post, equal didstances of running and walking. By the end your rubber, my workout is 30 mins in length, 5 light jog for warm up, 20 HIIT, then 5 min light jog for cool down. Dropped 6 % BF in two months.
    "ACT AS IF.... outnumber