The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

I'm sure this is stupid and I'll be mocked

Is there a way to alter (in my case, increase the volume of and manipulate the placement of) one's facial hair?

I figure that the placement, at least, is genetically predetermined... but is there any way to simply grow more?

Once past adolescence, are test. levels at all relevant etc.?
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Maybe if you started rubbing Rogaine all over your face, it might cause more hair to grow. I dunno. Rogaine doesn't work for temporal balding, so apparently there are differences in follicles in one area vs another (How the hell they differ, I have no idea), but maybe it'd work on your face.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesnít realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

All I know is that as I grow older, the amount of hair on my body continues to gradually increase, some in places it never was before.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Perhaps Twilo would shout me down for this lol, but I'd definitely prefer to have thicker stubble all over my face.

I currently have wiry, sparse facial hair that sorta looks like pubes lol.

Run a couple grams of test a week for 3 months or so... maybe so tren too. That will get your hair growing nice and thick.

I'm 19, and the best I can do is a weak ass amount of hair on my chin while all my friends have beards haha

Just let it grow and then trim accordingly. You can't spot control hair growth.

Quote Originally Posted by accuFLEX View Post
    I'm 19, and the best I can do is a weak ass amount of hair on my chin while all my friends have beards haha

same here.
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

I've got a pretty decent beard, but my moustache only grows on the ends and in the middle it's very light and thin growth... it looks like i'm a 12 year old trying to grow his stache out.

Andrew
    Do what needs to be done.

Every time I was in the hole I swear a turd kissed my underwear. - Hatred
    I love snatch. I think I'm addicted to it. - Stray
    I like a woman I can climb - Jinkies
    Personally ... I'm a vagitarian - Brawl
    I don't box, but I'll have a dance off with any of you tools. When I get all my 230 lbs shaking and grooving you bet your a$$es you'll get served. - BilltheButcher

I'm 21 and my facial hair growth is probably only one step above the dreaded teen-stash.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

I have a jesus beard when I want to /flex
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

I got pathetic facial hair as well, its all on my chin and i could grow a real skanky molestache if I tried.
    I can grow thicker hair on my ass then on my face
    My sig scared getfit.

I hate facial hair, but only because it continues to grow after it looks decent and I have to shave it. I HATE SHAVING!!!

In about a weeks time I have a full beard goin on, not that thick just yet. After 3 weeks it looks as if I'm some sort of wookie.

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Stubble is nice. Some people wear it really well, some don't. One of my friends, who incidentally never had a problem growing hair, got his hands on the test therapy that's prescribed: a lotion that gets rubbed onto the skin... well... he started sprouting more hair. Not a whole lot more, but more: on his shoulders, his ass, his arms... since he already had full beard potential there was no way to guage if the stuff made any difference.

All I can say is- love the face you've got. If I remember the face pic you posted before correctly, you aren't one who will benefit from facial hair (unless you've matured since that pic and look different now).
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Yeah facial hair doesn't run too strongly in my family so at my ripe age of 20 I can't really grow too much. I think you just gotta deal with what you've been given. If you can't grow much yet then keep shaving it to look nice and clean until you can grow a substantial amount.
    The only place I grow decent facial hair is the "flava sava" area and the mustache. Even then it doesn't grow long and is still not very thick but when I let it grow out I actually look pretty good with it. Can't always grow it though because I gotta look like my fake ID.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Cross trainer & DL addict mikesbytes's Avatar
    Chicks like clean shaven so don't worry about it

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkeez View Post
    Run a couple grams of test a week for 3 months or so... maybe so tren too. That will get your hair growing nice and thick.
    russow, the only hair on my body that doesn't get thicker when i'm on is my facial hair. it stays the same, possibly grows a bit faster. i've always found that strange.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    I got a Mexican mustache and a goofy goatee going on.

I need more facial hair to have a decent goatee and possibly some chops.

I would kill for some nice mutton chops. That's be cool

P.S. To the OP. You're 19. Just give it time. It'll grow.
    Last edited by Jordanbcool; 01-12-2007 at 03:20 PM.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

I look like the god damned Unabomber within about 30 minutes of shaving. I shaved last night and my **** is now as dark as Homer Simpson's.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

At 19, I had the same thing. It grew in thicker over time. It's still not super-thick, but way better than before.

Quote Originally Posted by galileo View Post
    At 19, I had the same thing. It grew in thicker over time. It's still not super-thick, but way better than before.
    When I saw your name for last post, my first reaction was "he's probably going to say my facial hair is as lazy as my eye".

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Your facial hair is as lazy as your eye. I'm not gal, but I'm Twilo.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."