Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: West Coast Conditioning

Quote Originally Posted by KevinStarke View Post
    I'm on a roll at this school as far as weight training is concerned. Considering im at art school im pretty much the only person who has a decent knowledge of strength training. I'm currently training 3 different people one of which is a Resident Advisor in my dorm so thats pretty key since im on his good side. Bench strength felt decent today...
    Awesome work. You could parlay that into a paying gig if you haven't already.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Iron4Life
    Plyometrics:,*Ultimate Frisbee*,*6 Miles of Walking*, swimming for 45 minutes
    Dang.. that's sure not the heavy iron pushing Kev we all know!!!
    haha
    Nice to see you are enjoying your new conditioning routine...
    and lifestyle...

And I agree with Rookie... find a way to take advantage of your knowledge... sounds like there are a few people with some bucks (or influence) out there that need a good trainer!!! More $$$$ for the important stuff Kev...

Nick - Thanks man it was.

Stump - Thanks big guy.

Rookie - Haha I just like training people its cool to see people make results through your advice.

Bear - I just wouldn't feel right charging people for training with me I just enjoy doing it.

Yesterday was a hell of a day... Woke up and got convinced to skateboard from our dorm on Sutter St all the way through Goldengate Park. It was the 3rd time i've ever skateboarded and let me tell you its one hell of a workout. I seriously underestimated the althetecism it takes to ride a skateboard for long periods of time. The entire ride to Ocean Beach took us 3.5 hours of skateboarding up and down lots of hills. My calves are shot today, my core is shot today, my abductors are shot today, my quads are shot today, my FEET muscles are shot today. I even managed no to wipe out and ended up getting some really great pictures for my assignment.

We got a bus back but then I walked another mile to some appartments for a party, then 3 more miles to another party over on Filmore then 4 miles back to my dorm at the end of the night... what makes it worse is the table tennis table for the dorm is comming today which means i'll have to play all day since im addicted to table tennis like it were crack.

I got No Fear Tour: Killswitch Engage, Dragonforce, Chimaira, He Is Legend tickets for the warfield too, real pumped for that show.
    I am jealous.

Nice workout.
    Squat:525lbs
    Bench:335lbs
    Deadlift:440lbs

Rookie - Haha I just like training people its cool to see people make results through your advice.
    Yes, it totally is. I'm enjoying it greatly. Plus I love seeing the results!

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Lol, can't say you're not getting your excercise.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Sounds like life's great out there on the west coast, glad to see things are going well for you. Never skateboarded myself, fearing the crashing part due to the ongoing quarrel I have with gravity.

Clever stuff with the plyos and light day of upper body training.

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL View Post
    Never skateboarded myself, fearing the crashing part due to the ongoing quarrel I have with gravity.
    LMAO good stuff!
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Sweet lifting Kev, hows the west coast treatin ya?
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

what makes it worse is the table tennis table for the dorm is comming today which means i'll have to play all day since im addicted to table tennis like it were crack.
    You play the Pong? Man, I LOVEZ me the Pong! (did I mention I'm the former HS intramural and college residence hall tournament champion?)
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    You play the Pong? Man, I LOVEZ me the Pong! (did I mention I'm the former HS intramural and college residence hall tournament champion?)
    I played on a competitive level for 2.5 years, did lots of New England tourneys.

Some recent shots i've taken. They aren't really my favorite kind of shots but I had to follow the guidelines of the assignment and stay in certain ISO's and shutterspeeds that i'd rather not use. I'll post more when i'm given some more open ended assignments where I can actually shoot what i'm good at.

I played on a competitive level for 2.5 years, did lots of New England tourneys.
    Awesome. I never did any tourneys other than in HS or the dorm tourney, but I did play every day for a few years when I was working at a rec center. I actually got to play a guy a few times who had been on the Egyptian olympic team for table tennis. He beat me every time, but not by more than 4 or 5 points usually. Made me feel pretty good.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Gah... what a ****in day. I have no class today but woke up early to head in to town to review some of my photo's in the CAPA lab and pick up my refund check from my student loans. Forgot my wallet and in turn my I.D. so they wouldnt give me my check so I had to walk all the way back to my dorm all uphill to get it. I ate some lunch and then skateboarded back down in to town and got my check along with turning in some work. When I got back my buddy invited me to the beach so I had to rush my workout before I went and it was brutal. My workout took 31 minutes in total and was a cardio workout as well as a normal workout in the end.

Heavy Upper Day:

*Rotator Cuff Stuff*

BB Bench / Chest Supported T-Bar Rows Supersets -
    135 x 8
    185 x 5
    225 x 5 / 45 x 5
    225 x 5 / 70 x 5
    225 x 5 / 95 x 5
    225 x 5 / 120 x 5
    225 x 5 / 145 x 5
    235 x 3
    245 x 3
    255 x 3
    275 x 1 / 90 x 8
    275 x 2 / 90 x 6
    275 x 3 / 90 x 6

Tricep Press Downs -

DB Curls -
    30 x 8
    35 x 8
    40 x 5 (Hammer Curl)
    45 x 5 (Hammer Curl)

*DB Raises*

Short and sweet. The workout was intense and the rest time between my benching and rowing was slim to none.

damn dude thats a sick superset
    2000 or bust

Sweet session

Nice job all around. I like the first pic. Leaving the shutter open and having people walk through is pretty cool in the end. Do it at night with a flash every so often and it looks even cooler. I haven't used a nice camera in so long. That was one of my favorite classes.

Stump - Thanks man

WBBIRL - Thanks

Mike G - Thanks man. I have certain rules to follow at the moment, no flash is one of them.

Really stong past few sessions. Photography is lookin cool my friend, looks like we have another budiak in the works.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Solid swift work there dude...them photos are real nice, glad you put them up.

great session Kev... my damn computer won't let me check out the pics. I'll have to get on another computer. Good stuff though, your benching is still looking ace.
    Weight: 194.0 lbs.Height: 5' 11"
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:
    Put on size and git Strong(er)
    Raw Goals: 450 Squat, 365 Bench, 570 Deadlift

"Weak points come from not doing the things you suck at doing." -Dave Tate

Sidior - Thanks man. I just want more open ended assignments so I can shots how I want them, I dont like 400 ISO.

Coke - Thanks man there'll be more, and better ones.

Big o Boy - Thanks man its my one lift thats always pretty regular.

Oh yesterday I skateboarded about 5 miles, legs are hurtin.

nice work w/ the supersetting kevin

what's the advantage of that versus say doing your bench sets, then doing your row sets afterwards?

sounds like your enjoying college

edit: just saw the pics man. nice work. really like the sky w/ statue one.
    Last edited by Roark; 02-20-2007 at 12:51 PM.
    the fear of losing removes the desire to win

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    Gah... what a ****in day. I have no class today but woke up early to head in to town to review some of my photo's in the CAPA lab and pick up my refund check from my student loans. Forgot my wallet and in turn my I.D. so they wouldnt give me my check so I had to walk all the way back to my dorm all uphill to get it. I ate some lunch and then skateboarded back down in to town and got my check along with turning in some work. When I got back my buddy invited me to the beach so I had to rush my workout before I went and it was brutal. My workout took 31 minutes in total and was a cardio workout as well as a normal workout in the end.

Heavy Upper Day:

*Rotator Cuff Stuff*

BB Bench / Chest Supported T-Bar Rows Supersets -
    135 x 8
    185 x 5
    225 x 5 / 45 x 5
    225 x 5 / 70 x 5
    225 x 5 / 95 x 5
    225 x 5 / 120 x 5
    225 x 5 / 145 x 5
    235 x 3
    245 x 3
    255 x 3
    275 x 1 / 90 x 8
    275 x 2 / 90 x 6
    275 x 3 / 90 x 6

Tricep Press Downs -

DB Curls -
    30 x 8
    35 x 8
    40 x 5 (Hammer Curl)
    45 x 5 (Hammer Curl)

*DB Raises*

Short and sweet. The workout was intense and the rest time between my benching and rowing was slim to none.
    Damn dude......I bet that workout sucked doing it in only 31 minutes! Good job though.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)