Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: West Coast Conditioning

Some kid ate too much acid in the dorm across from me last night and was running around the street naked masturbating until he got arrested. Classes havn't even started so this is looking to be a truely great semester..

Workouts start up again tomorrow..

Iron4Life
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinStarke View Post
    Some kid ate too much acid in the dorm across from me last night and was running around the street naked masturbating until he got arrested. Classes havn't even started so this is looking to be a truely great semester..
    Man I'm too old to even imagine that one... reminds me of the time I was drunk and pis_ing all over the KSU campus... oops.. I shouldn't have let that one slip.. I might lose all respect. lol.

Sounds like fun times in San Fran Kev...
    Looking forward to you new workouts...
    GL

My gym experience yesterday was ridiculous and funny. I decided to give 24 Hour Fitness a chance... bad idea. All I wanted to do was pay the 1-day fee and check it out by lifting. Instead I somehow ended up gettin taken on a tour of the facility which was 3 floors. My tour guide was on the skinnier side and after explaining to me how to do "circuit training" and how to propely do cardio.. the converstion turned to him saying I had the physique he was goin for and he ended up asking me routine questions for about 10 minutes at his desk before he started to ask me what my goals were and what muscles I wanted to "hit" and work the most.. He was nice enough and all but even after I told him i'd been a competitive powerlifter for a little while now and knew what my goals were he continued to try and explain pretty much the basics to me. Then he was joined by a manager and they both tried pretty much everything to get me to commit to a membership which I definitelly didn't want. Eventually I just said I wanted to pay the damn fee and lift for a day, but they insisted I try for free.
    lol that pretty much sums up our sales staff as well at the overly commercial gym I work at now. They are hired for selling and not for their current attempts at being fitness. LOL one exactly as you described. Although they are required to start working out and thus usually they end up hiring the pt's.

Sounds like you're settling in great there. Good to hear, Kevin.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

HAHAHA

that sounds like my freshman year. my dorm was like an acid test. there would be like 20-30 people frying in the halls on the weekend.

good times my man.
    the fear of losing removes the desire to win

Bear - haha good stuff man

Rookie - Gah.. gyms are really going downhill in my opinion.

Roark - haha I wish man, gotta be much more quiet about it these days, silly laws

Worked out in the school gym today. Its not very big, only slightly larger then my dorm i'd say with a few cable machines right outside the main room. The bench they have is real ghetto and the pads all taped up. The part you put your ass on is also slightly raised too which is pretty annoying and the racks for the bar are a little close so I have to bench closer then i'm normally used to but meh, a change is good sometimes. They could use a few hundred more pounds in plates and a squat rack since the current squat supports look like they'd crumble under anything over 300 lbs. It'll get the job done for now though and I need to conserve money since it turns out i'll need to buy a digital camera now as well.

My workout was a little sloppy today since it was a new gym and I was trying things out..

Heavy Upper Day:

*Rotator Cuff Stuff*

BB Bench -
    45 x 10
    135 x 5
    185 x 3
    225 x 3
    255 x 1
    275 x 3
    225 x 8
    225 x 3 (Close Grip)
    225 x 8 (Close Grip)

Tricep Press Downs (Cant remember weights) -

Chest Supported T-Bar -
    45 x 10
    70 x 8
    90 x 8
    100 x 8
    115 x 8

Close Grip Low Cable Rows (Can't remember weights) -

DB Hammer Curls -
    35 x 5
    50 x 6
    50 x 6
    50 x 6 (50's are the highest dumbells they have...)

Plyometrics:

Tuck Jumps -
    x Lots

My lower body has been real fried lately from walking several miles a day up and down hills, I know im a pussy but this has been more cardio then i've done in a long while hah. There arent many bench options in this gym since theres no power rack to do lockouts or dead presses in so I need to build some boards as soon as humanly possible.

As far as new college news today was the first day of classes but I have digital dark room lab time on Mondays so I didnt need to go today since no one has anything to do in the lab yet. The girls out here are great too, art school girls are definitelly a different breed.

Sounds great man, nice pressing.

wow man, just checked in on your progress and you've been busy. Strong benching despite the ****ty bench. Good luck with everything in San Fran, it sounds like it's been fun so far and the mental image of a guy running around a street jacking off will now be etched in my mind.. hah thanks a lot
    Chicken, Cows, Eggs, and Milk: Eating Big, Lifting Heavy
    My Fitday

Height: 5'8"
    5/07 Weight: 168 lbs, 9% BF using calipers
    Goal: Start lifting again in January and hopefully get rid of this tendinitis.
    "Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy"

WBBIRL - Thanks man

Offhegoes - Haha thanks.

Just did some gripper work with my heavy grips.

Gripper Work:

HG150 (reps per hand) -
    x 1 (Static hold for 10 seconds)
    x 10 (Left hand only, tryin to get it as strong as the right)

nice bench kev
    2000 or bust

Looks like everything is only a few sessions away from busting a PR or two, good stuff kev.

I hate how some benches are designed. I had to use an adjustable bench just like the bench you described. The thing also had a gap in it about 6" wide!

Good session making due with what you have Kevin.
    Squat:525lbs
    Bench:335lbs
    Deadlift:440lbs

really nice benching kevin. I must have misssed it, but what school are you going to in SF?

Nice workout out Kev. Sounds like school is going to be a lot of fun.

You're still strong as f***...way to go man.
    Don't asker for a light load, but a strong back.

JOURNAL

Best Meet Lifts @ 220 Raw:
    Squat - 475
    Bench - 355
    Dead - 500
    Total: 1330

Making do at the school gym is the way to go for now bro, later on you may find some hole in the wall you can treasure while out there...good upper body training, plyos and grip work.

Stump - Thanks man. I was gonna go for more with 275 but it felt wierd and after I checked it out the bar was a little warped on one end so I switched bars for the remaining sets.

Risk - We'll see, all the walking I have to do everyday is really burning me out... god thats sad.

Liftinkid - Thanks man im tryin.

BigMoney - Thanks man, I go to The Academy of Art University.

Mike G - So far so good.

DGabe - Thanks man hopefully I can start gettin stronger though.

Coke - Thanks man i've been using the grippers alot actually I just hadn't been posting them.

Todays workout was bleh but better then I thought it was gonna be. I woke up this morning feelin really really ****ty and after attempting to eat some breakfast I barely made it to the upstairs bathroom where I puked 3 times. Then I tried to make it up to the next floor to my dorm room but had to stop at a bathroom along the way and puked several more times. I still felt ****ty so I opted not to go to my first Digital Photography class which im pretty pissed about missing but I feel what I did was better then going to class and puking all over on the first day. My buddy is in the class and said I didn't miss much but i'm gonna go try and get the assignment later anyway.

I decided to deadlift even though I felt ****ty and it actually went better then I thought it would have.

Light Lower Day:

*Rotator Cuff Stuff*

Deadlift -
    135 x 5 (conv)
    225 x 5 (conv)
    225 x 5 (sumo)
    275 x 2 (sumo)
    315 x 1 (sumo)
    365 x 1 (sumo)
    315 x 5 (sumo)
    275 x 5 (conv)
    275 x 5 (sumo)
    275 x 5 (conv)
    225 x 5 (conv, off a 45 lb plate)

Front Squat -
    135 x 5
    185 x 5
    185 x 5

Short and sweet. My deadlift strength has really gone down, I need to get back in the swing of things and get back up to my old pulling strength.

Those front squats are fun and good job on the deadlifting volume.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Thanks man, im pretty bummed about how weak my pulling got. 365 used to be cake and used for sets of 5 On another note I talked to my little brother today and he maxed on bench at 265 recently...

265 lb bench at 14 years old, 180 lbs.. kids gonna be more beastly then I thought. If he keeps at it I think he could have 315 sometime during the summer and by his senior year in highschool... gah.. little ****.

Bro is gonna be strong, everyone is sick on this board. Just checked Pup's journ he's sick too.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

265 lb bench at 14 years old, 180 lbs.. kids gonna be more beastly then I thought. If he keeps at it I think he could have 315 sometime during the summer and by his senior year in highschool... gah.. little ****.
    Any meets for him in the future?
    Last edited by LiftingKid; 01-31-2007 at 04:53 AM.
    Squat:525lbs
    Bench:335lbs
    Deadlift:440lbs

Made quick work on them deads and front squats...fine stuff Kevin.

Nice work with the projectile vomiting Kev. Workout looks good too
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

damn man, I commend you on even making it into the gym. Your DL strength may be a bit down now, but I'm sure it'll come back, especially when you haven't been puking all morning.
    Chicken, Cows, Eggs, and Milk: Eating Big, Lifting Heavy
    My Fitday

Height: 5'8"
    5/07 Weight: 168 lbs, 9% BF using calipers
    Goal: Start lifting again in January and hopefully get rid of this tendinitis.
    "Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy"

Man, you sound like ur doing great. College life on it' sown isn't all it 's cracked up to be if u don't have a loan, that's for sure. And I have 0 time to drink, so meh. Not good for you anyway. But gald to hear you're prospering my brother.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Good work Kev, glad to see things are going well.