Thread: routine and upcoming issue

routine and upcoming issue

I've been on and off for years. (as you may notice my join date) Some times more committed than others. Like now, I'm very committed to the training but diet, well in short, diet is lacking.

Anyway routine looks like this

Tuesdays
    SLDL's/RDL's: warmup sets x 3-4
    work sets vary depending usually 1-2 and reps are 6-15 on work sets.

Squats: warm-up sets 2-3 and 2 work sets
    I try adding 5lbs a week and a rep till I get to 20 reps then I'll switch to like a 5x5 or something.

Thursday
    DB Bench x3
    Incline barbell x3
    Deads 3-4 warm-ups 1-2 work sets
    Chins 2-3 work sets
    T-Bar rows 3 work sets

Saturday
    Mil press 3-4 warmups 3 work sets
    Front laterals 2x
    Side laterals 2x
    Close grip BP 3x
    Skulls 2x
    B-Bell curls 3x
    Hammers 2x

My upcoming problem is a deployment (navy) now this will be my third deployment and well I know all to well the ships various gyms suck total ass.
    Smith machines, curl jockeys, mirror posers, kids who work bi's every day, the others work chest everyday and it's always packed with inconsiderate wanna be beach muscle tards. It's a nightmare. Well, I need a solution. I can deal with the idiots, just not the smith machine. What some alternatives?
    I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT MY SQUATS!!!!
    I guess I could do
    DB SLDL/RDL
    DB Squats or DB Lunges
    and do with out conventional deads
    I don't know, I need help.

Just start deadlifting random curl jockeys. Ask them how much they weight, and if it's about right for the weight you need, quickly knock them out and get in a few sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofer View Post
    Just start deadlifting random curl jockeys. Ask them how much they weight, and if it's about right for the weight you need, quickly knock them out and get in a few sets.
    That's probably the best option
    Last edited by PeteO; 01-10-2007 at 08:59 PM.

But seriously, you won't even have an olympic bar there?

What equipment do you have? Is there a pullup bar, a place to dips...? Or is there literally only dumbbells and a smith machine?

Quote Originally Posted by Tofer View Post

What kind of ship are you deployed on? I would think anything smaller than an aircraft carrier and you would get some SERIOUS stabilizer work when you squat. But hey, I don't know anything about the navy.

It's an Aircraft Carrier.
    There are oly bars on the benches, but barely and I mean barely any room to do deads. There is a cable machine, some benches, DB's, some back and shoulder machines and a bunch of treadmills in one gym.
    In the other, there is a set of db's and a smith and the rest is all like hammer strength machines.
    There is a work out in there for me somewhere I guess, just not what I want to do or have to go through the trouble to do.
    I just need a good replacement for squats or just use the smith for front squats.
    Then just start deadlifting 300+ and noboby will say crap to me about being in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by bjohnso View Post
    What kind of ship are you deployed on? I would think anything smaller than an aircraft carrier and you would get some SERIOUS stabilizer work when you squat. But hey, I don't know anything about the navy.
    Oh yea, and when the ship is really moving it does weird stuff to you when you work out. I also depends what lift, direction you are facing and which way the ship is rockin. It's nowhere near as bad as a small ship I'm told, but still moves a lot.