The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

UD2 slight emergency question

I'm in Japan of all places right now... here for a couple months, and I can't find dextrose/glucose anywhere. They don't sell the stuff as far as I can tell! No corn sugar, no maltodextrin, no malt extract... I found some Gatorade powder but it's a label that I don't think they have in America ("Gatorade Xtra") and it's produced by a local company called Suntory. When I got someone to read the ingredients to me they said sugar, then glucose, then sodium were the first 3 ingredients listed. So I assume sugar means sucrose. Lyle recommends glucose/glucose polymers after the Thursday workout, so it looks like this is primarily sucrose and lesser glucose. How bad is it for me to use this stuff after the Thursday workout?? I don't have time to ship anything from the States until at least next week's workout so should I go with the Japanese Gatorade or is there something else I can use?? Thanks.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I see that grape juice has about a 1:1 ratio of fructose to glucose. I guess I will use a combo of grape juice and the gatorade stuff for now and make do...

Did you try posting this on his message board?
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Do that voodoo that he do
    You can try to find a brewing store to look for corn sugar, it's dextrose. They may or may not have them there, depending on how big your city is.

I'm sure there's a rice sugar floating around. I would bet that it's low in fructose, although don't hold me to that.

He's trying to avoid fructose, that's why you don't want the sucrose. Sucrose is a glucose molecule and fructose molecule bonded. The grape juice would be the same thing, if it's about 1:1.

If you have no other choice, then go with that. Otherwise I'd look for lots of white rice, personally.
    Be a man. Be awesome at it. Be proud of it. Beyond the Barbell

"Borris is correct. That sounds logical if you ask me."
    -galileo

Thanks, well I probably duffed the shake this week, I'll try to do better next time by ordering dextrose online or getting some rice sugar. Japanese food labels don't generally break down ingredients super-well so there's guesswork as to how much glucose, fructose sucrose etc. there is... Oh well it'll work out I'm sure.

Consider just eating complex carbs if the right kind of sugar isn't available. Slower digestion but at least the type of sugar is correct.
    That's a picture of Scarlett Johansson.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Birnam View Post
    Thanks, well I probably duffed the shake this week, I'll try to do better next time by ordering dextrose online or getting some rice sugar. Japanese food labels don't generally break down ingredients super-well so there's guesswork as to how much glucose, fructose sucrose etc. there is... Oh well it'll work out I'm sure.
    You can get dextrose at some of the bigger pharmacy stores in Japan. MATSUMOTO is one of them, but they sell it in small broken cube like shapes. To the people working in the store, it's ALL sugar, they don't know the difference. If you ask a trainer at the gym, or someone who looks like they know what they are doing, they can tell you where to get it. It's around, just not as easy to find as it's not popular to use here...
    If my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
    Steroid Info Click Here
    The Truth About Steroids (Video) Click Here
    Rules for Women to Follow (Video) Click Here