The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Questions about burning calories...

This is probably a really newbie question and I have tried to search the site for this topic however when you type in "burning calories" it comes up with over 1000 threads. Sorry I don't have that kind of time

I know that you are burning calories 24/7 no matter what you are doing...just the amount of calories burning changes depending on what you are doing.

So my question is how can you accurately (or even approx.) track your burned calories daily? So you know you are taking in less than you are burning...

The reason I ask is because the diet plan I want to go on I would be taking in about 2750/daily and I want to make sure this is not to much!

Thank you for your help everyone!!!
    6' 2" - Starting Weight(Oct 31/06): 290
    Current Weight(Aug 5/07): 249
    Goal (April 4/08): 210

My real goal is to GET healthy & STAY healthy!!!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    You can't really track your burned calories. There are simply too many variables and everyone is different. However, you can find your maintenance calories and stay consistent with your activity level (i.e. weightlifting) to guesstimate your caloric needs for the day. Your maintenance calories are the calories you can consume that won't make you lose or gain weight. Then you adjust your maintenance accordingly. Your maintenace can also change for various reasons (i.e. increased LBM).

Nobody can tell you if 2,750 calories is too much or too little. You're going to have to find out via trial and error. Weigh yourself at the beginning of the week -- naked and first thing in the morning before you eat anything. Stick with 2,750 for a week. If you are not losing weight after that week is up, decrease your calories by 100-200 calories or so. So...let's say you're then taking in 2,550 for the week. If you start losing weight, stick with that caloric intake until you are no longer losing weight. Then decrease your calories again. It's a gradual process, but once you find the intake that gets you into the swing of things, it gets much easier.
    Last edited by sCaRz*Of*PaiN; 01-13-2007 at 07:02 PM.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."