Thread: Mirko Cro Crop's physique

Mirko Cro Crop's physique

From neck to calves, MMA fighter, Mirko Cro Cop, has what IMO is the ideal physique.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi.../MirkoSapp.jpg
    http://www.24sata.hr/repository/imag...edium_tall.jpg

I've looked all over for his non-MA training routine. Can you guys help me come up with a routine to get a similar phsyique?

Thanks

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    You're not going to find any routine that will give you a "similar physique". Your body is going to look however it looks based on your genetics. You could come close to matching his stats and look completely different. You just have to work hard, eat well, stay dedicated and accept whatever physique you manage to get. And even if you had his exact routine, that surely doesn't mean you will look exactly like him. The body doesn't work that way. And people respond differently to various training routines. What works for him may not work for you. You have to find what works best for you and keep at it. Learn to listen to your body.

There are great routines on this site. Here is one of those routines ~> http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=255

What are your current stats? What's your diet like? If your sole purpose is to look like someone else, you may wind up being very disappointed. I'm not saying that you shouldn't have someone to aspire to or admire, but you're going to have to accept that your body may never look like that. You can still look great, but just keep that in mind.
    Last edited by sCaRz*Of*PaiN; 01-13-2007 at 01:47 PM.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

It's not that hard to find a routine that'll make you resemble CroCop's physique. Compared to general MMA fighters, he has a decent upper body. It's not ripped and buff like Vitor Belfort, nor shredded like Randy Couture at LHW.

The thing that distinguishes CroCop from most MMA fighters however, is his massive tree trunks, which he uses as legs. Just keep doing whatever you're doing, and emphasize the legs. That's all I can say...

Personally I love CroCop's legs so everytime I have leg day, I usually watch a fight with him to pump me up 'cause he's my inspiration for thick thighs.

Last edited by chemical Andy; 01-13-2007 at 05:33 PM.

Listen to Scarz...he know his stuff...genetics are a huge factor. But wahat you can do is design a routine to focus on improving your total body while focusing on your weak points. Just keep in ming a routine is only 1/2 the equation...you have to be just as passionate with your diet.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    From neck to calves, MMA fighter, Mirko Cro Cop, has what IMO is the ideal physique.

http://www.24sata.hr/repository/imag...edium_tall.jpg

I've looked all over for his non-MA training routine. Can you guys help me come up with a routine to get a similar phsyique?

Thanks
    Mr. PaiN is correct.

Genetics determine how your physique will look.

If you have genes similar to Mirko, you will get a similar body. If you don't you won't...regardless of the training routine.

Personally he's a bit skinny for what I'd deem the ideal...but to each his own.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 01-13-2007 at 06:21 PM.

Many many squats.

Quote Originally Posted by g00dnick View Post
    Many many squats.
    That's what I'm trying to say. I don't know why everyone else is making a big deal out of it. Common sense dictates that if you prioritize a certain muscle group - in this case, the legs - it will progress at a faster rate than your other muscles.

Mirko kills it on the leg press and squat rack.

From seeing him lift in vids, it looks like most of the stuff he does is higher reps with a medium weight. Not that you should do that too...you probably need to grow to look like Mirko.

If you aren't tall and lanky right now, you'll probably never be able to have a similar physique as him.

Yeah, it's hard for me not to look at his huge thighs when he fights and imagine how ****ing hurtful it would be to be kicked by him.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Quote Originally Posted by bloodninja View Post
    Mirko kills it on the leg press and squat rack.

From seeing him lift in vids, it looks like most of the stuff he does is higher reps with a medium weight. Not that you should do that too...you probably need to grow to look like Mirko.

If you aren't tall and lanky right now, you'll probably never be able to have a similar physique as him.
    Do you have any links for his training vids? If not, about how much weight does he press?

I think I kinda have a similar style since I rep out 20 for each set, and keep the weights low and manageable so I could get a good range of motion. I see too many guys just loading 5 45 plates on each side and doing 6 twitch presses.

Yeah, Cro Cop's legs are amazing... According to you guys, higher reps for squats might help get a similar look?

Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    Yeah, Cro Cop's legs are amazing... According to you guys, higher reps for squats might help get a similar look?
    I'm sure everyone reacts differently. It works for me though. I'm been cranking out a lot of high reps with legs to avoid tendon/joint damage, and I've been getting great results.

Hey look! The dude on the left is Xand! lolol
    Last edited by HeavyBomber; 01-14-2007 at 08:45 PM.

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyBomber View Post
    Hey look! The dude on the left is Xand! lolol
    That link doesn't work. Next time, use a site like www.tinypic.com.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

There, try now. It's the first pic the OP posted. I swear sCaRz, you're a pain in the arse!