The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Finishing My Basement

I figure there are some guys here that have done it themselves, helped their dad's do it and there are some guys that do construction.

I am looking for some good ideas, especially for the floor, I was thinking ceramic tiles, but my wife wants carpet (we have young kids). Also was wondering if there are any common mistakes made or pitfalls that anyone knows of. Thanks.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Make sure that your basement isn't going to flood.

We reconstructed our basement, putting down some laminit, new walls, and painting then the person that put the flooring in put a cap on our sewer line instead of the one way valve that was originally there.

So we ended up have to replace half of the flooring, moldings and we still aren't done with the repainting.

I helped a friend who INSISTED on having a drywall (sheetrock) ceiling in his basement. I tried hard to talk him out of it, because if they ever need to run any electric or other service, they are screwed. Not to mention, doing drywall ceilings is atleast a two man job unless you rent one of those sizzor-jack thing-ama-bobs. Remember that your basement ceiling is the best place to run services to the upper floors.
    So, keep in mind, if you expect to have to do any electric, run it now before you put in your ceiling.
    I recommend accoustic tiles or drop ceiling tiles if you have the clearence.
    For the floor, carpet or rug is great if your basement never floods.
    If it is going to be a play area for the kids, you can even get rubber floors or floor tiles.
    Just a few thoughts.

i helped my dad do the electrical, framing, heating, plumbing and some other small jobs, in the basement. we hired a guy to do the drywall and the taping and sanding of the drywall because its a hard job. make sure you have vapor barrier on the walls and under any wood in the basement.(ie. when building inside walls, there needs to be vapor barrier under the wall). we've been at it for about 3 months and are just about done.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

Wannabebig New Member
    Of course drywall the walls , I'd drop ceiling the ceiling so it's easy to get to . I would carpet the floor , since basements are usually a little colder than the rest of the house tile would be a bad choice .

Make sure you put more than enough outlets in (remember you can never have enough) they are invaluable when you need them .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

I'm doing the same thing in about 3 months. Fortunately, my basement is semi-finished already. I'm going w/carpet.
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    There is allways the option of carpet tiles.

In the event of a flood they can be pulled up to do work or can be replaced individually in the event of damage.

The Fitness Industry is a 1 billion dollar industry.
    --Dairy Queens Blizzard pulls in 3/4 of a billion.
    --------------We are the elite.------------