First off this is my first post, I usually work out for strength and to lose weight but this year I am going to try something that I wanted to do for a long time, power and strength. I haven't been to a gym in all of 2006 as we had a new addition to the family. So I am starting out again from scratch but I do have previous weightlifting experience.

I have started a 12 week strength and power routine where I change my routine every 3 weeks to "shock' my muscles. Program can be found here:

leehayward.com/workout_programs/index.htm

I am about to change my routine and that means I have two questions.

I am changing from regular squats to hack squats with a machine. Do I up the weight when doing the hack squats or do I lower it?? My current squats are at 165lbs. I'm assuming that I will be putting more weight on as it is with a machine but I am wondering what percentage I should be increasing it by (or decreasing if I am assuming wrong).

I am also changing from a flat barbell bench press to a decline barbell bench. My current flat bench is at 175lbs. Again I'm assuming that I will be putting more weight on but I am wondering what percentage I should be increasing it by (or decreasing if I am assuming wrong).

I enter into the fourth week next monday and things are progressing quite well!