Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ufc 112

Ufc 112

I didn't see a thread for this so I though I would start one.

Predictions... discuss...
    If your shins ain't bleeding then it's not a Dead Lift

Stats:
    Start Wt - 138
    Current Wt - 160
    Height - 6'-1"
    My Journal (Pics: Post# 11,17,88,165)
    Hard Gainers Meal Menu
    Progress Pics

hughs, penn, and silva will win

S(atg) - B - DL
    375 - 335 - 515

"Gaining weight and having bigger body will make you look great on any clothing. Men with strong body are very attractive to women. General people tend to admire big muscle too." -mbijay

Garage Lifter
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
    hughs, penn, and silva will win
    This. I wouldn't be be surprised if the total time for all 3 fights is about 15 minutes
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

dont think im going to fork out the money and pay for this card, none of the fights take my fancy as they all look to predictable and i cant see an upset (although every time i say that i end up with egg on my face). Shame belfort had to pull out was lookin forward to seein him and silva fight.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else."

You must not like Vitor.

I wont say what yet but there is definitely an upset
    Current Maxes: (May 2009)
    Bench: 275 | Squat: 355 | Clean: 240 | Deadlift: 455 | Body Weight-205lbs
    "When you know Squat about lifting, you know the important part."

What a stupid fight.
    22 - 5'10@236lbs!
    Bench - 325 (old)
    Squat - 455x2 (old)
    Deadlift - 500(old)

Total: 1280lbs 100% raw

The key to my exercise program is this one simple truth: I hate my body.

glad I didn't get this one or even waste my time trying to stream it for that matter

The Silva fight was a joke, but I enjoyed the Penn/Edgar fight. I thought Edgar had a good game plan and I'm tired of Penn so it was fun to see him go down.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Silva is a cocky punk. I agree with Dana that he doesn't deserve a super fight with GSP. Make him move up to light heavy with someone who will be bigger than him and not afraid to slug it out. Hell make him go up to heavy weight and get his face broken open by one of the monsters. I lost all respect for him, and am glad that Dana felt the same weight.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Just watched half of the AS fight. That was pretty disgraceful. It wasn't the Evans type of showboating, this was more than that. He could have pushed the action and probably finished that fight in the first. He's saying he beat up Damien and was disrespected, but I think knocking him out in the first would have been more of a payback than acting like a clown in the cage. Going to be interesting to see what White does.

I would love to see Silva vs. Evans, Shogun or Rampage in the future. He won't fight Machida and I don't see anyone else at LHW, right now, that would give him a good run. Thiago would be fun to watch, just because Thiago would brawl.

You sure Silva said he wouldn't fight Machida? I don't recall ever hearing that, although I could have missed it.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

I wonder if they should start suspending fighters for doing stupid things. All the other major sports do that type of thing.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    You sure Silva said he wouldn't fight Machida? I don't recall ever hearing that, although I could have missed it.
    I'm pretty sure he has.
    My Journal

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    I wonder if they should start suspending fighters for doing stupid things. All the other major sports do that type of thing.
    Hit em where it really hurts, take away the purse.
    My Journal

I was shocked to see how well Edgar did. He was moving really well in that fight. The fifth round he really broke BJ and was basically doing almost anything he wanted at that point. Would have loved to see another round or two.

Anderson Silva was a weird fight I don't get why he did that a lot of people are mad and I can undestand that. I didn't care to much cause I was still so glad to see BJ lose the fight.

Say what you want about silva but who in there division right now could toy with there opponent like that. That mans skill is unbelievable. Maybe Dana White will listen to him now and give him Frank Mir like he wanted. Just give the man top fighters who want go for desperate take down attempts and boot scoot around the arena. Anderson was very passive but lets not act like Maia was attacking out right either.

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    I don't think they can do that because Silva went in there and fulfilled his contract. Honestly they just need to stop giving him one dimensional fighters and this wont happen.

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    Maybe they do something where, they get $20k for getting into the ring. If they go the distance they get $20k, if they stop the fight they get $100k. So make it worth their while to actually try and end the fight.

All the champions do is counter. The challenger has to attack and the champ just sits back and counters. If the challenger isn't aggressive like Maia you get a boring fight because the champ is not going to put themselves at risk.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

If you win the fight; but convert the stadium to fans of the other guy: you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
    Just watched half of the AS fight. That was pretty disgraceful. It wasn't the Evans type of showboating, this was more than that. He could have pushed the action and probably finished that fight in the first. He's saying he beat up Damien and was disrespected, but I think knocking him out in the first would have been more of a payback than acting like a clown in the cage. Going to be interesting to see what White does.
    You should have seen the second half, all Silva did was run away. At one point he was warned and informed that he would face a point reduction if he continued to run away.

Quote Originally Posted by method115 View Post
    Say what you want about silva but who in there division right now could toy with there opponent like that. That mans skill is unbelievable. Maybe Dana White will listen to him now and give him Frank Mir like he wanted. Just give the man top fighters who want go for desperate take down attempts and boot scoot around the arena. Anderson was very passive but lets not act like Maia was attacking out right either.
    Don't try to put this on Maia or White. Silva decided to be an ass instead of fight and then can't come up with a reason why. If the guy is that bored at 185, then make a permanent move to LHW, where guys have better stand up. This idea of him acting this way because he didn't get Mir is a joke and is just one more excuse on his list. The guys a professional, he should act that way.

As for one dimensional fighters, who else would you have given the fight to? Sonnen couldn't because of time issues. Belfort pulled out. Wandy hasn't earned a title shot. Who else at 185 is there? I agree that Anderson is that good, but 185 isn't that strong and maybe it's time he vacates the belt and moves up.

Silva acted like an idiot. That's the long and short of it.

Pissing off White is probably not a real productive way to get what you want.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Silva is acting like a clown, but who in the UFC can beat him? I think he realistically beats every single fighter on their roster.

the fight was lame. I hope White still puts the Silva vs GSP fight together though.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
    Don't try to put this on Maia or White. Silva decided to be an ass instead of fight and then can't come up with a reason why. If the guy is that bored at 185, then make a permanent move to LHW, where guys have better stand up. This idea of him acting this way because he didn't get Mir is a joke and is just one more excuse on his list. The guys a professional, he should act that way.

As for one dimensional fighters, who else would you have given the fight to? Sonnen couldn't because of time issues. Belfort pulled out. Wandy hasn't earned a title shot. Who else at 185 is there? I agree that Anderson is that good, but 185 isn't that strong and maybe it's time he vacates the belt and moves up.
    He's tried to move up thats the thing there not giving him the fights. Then they want to put him in the cage with one dimensional fighters. I'm sorry but any fighter that needs to drag ass around the cage just to fight shouldn't be there. The UFC rushed Maia to a championship fight because Belfort and Chonnen got injured and now there surprised by the results.

The UFC already saw what happened last time they threw a BJJ guy in the cage with Anderson. He couldn't do anything on the feet and started flopping to the ground and going for desperate take down attempts. They do the exact same thing with Maia and to there surprise the exact same thing happens.

I've watched all of Maia's fights and his take downs have never been so sloppy in his whole career. He landed 1 strike for the first 2 rounds only throwing 11 strikes the whole 2 rounds. He was scared to be in the cage with Anderson. Anderson is to blame for what happened that night but so is the UFC and Maia.

Silva suffers from Randy Moss syndrome. "I play when I want to play." If he doesn't feel challenged, he is just going to **** off in the cage and not even try... and even when he doesn't try, he still dominates. Silva needs to realize that he was going against a 3rd string opponent, 2 others were injured. He has unbelievable talent, but his lack of effort is going to affect the draw to his future PPV. Of course, I do the same thing at work because it's so boring, but nobody cares because they aren't paying millions of dollars to watch me crunch numbers.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!