Thread: Is 1.2lb a week realistic?

Hybrid View

Weaker

Is 1.2lb a week realistic?

Excuse the possibly hostile tone, im really ****ed off with all this.

According to ****ing fitday.com i've got to gain 1.2lbs a ****ing week to get my pathetic ****ing frame of 168lbs up to a pathetic weak frame of ****ing 180lbs by March 31st.

How realistic is it for me to gain 1.2lbs a week, i dont know whether this is actual muscle, water, fatty fat fat, or whatever.

Considering that i simply cannot afford to get 80000000000000000 calories in per day (yes i know thats probably impossible, merely an exaggeration as i'm really ****ed off).

What do ya wreckon? Thanks in advance.
    Journal

BW: 12st/1168lbs
    Height: 5'9"
    Big hiatus, deciding on new goals...

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    1.2 pounds a week is realistic. It's not all going to be muscle, however. You could try having patience, since nothing can be attained instantly without dedication. If you have to eat "x" amount of calories to gain weight, you're just going to have to suck it up like the rest of us and try to get that many calories a day.

How many calories are we talking about here?
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Weaker
    I'm gonna fire a guess, probably around 3000 to 4000 calories a day, but i suck at these things.

Please, forgive me for my frustration, but during 14/15 months i've been doing this, everything i've been doing in relation to the gym has always been proved wrong. I can never seem to find the right answers, and im finding it hard to accept that there may not be any. I dunno.

Also, say i do reach the 180lbs goal, it will probably be muscle + fat + water. So, one would assume that to get rid of the fat, and expose the muscle, one would have todo cardio, but then won't that just burn the muscle instead, or as well?
    Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Portboy View Post
    I'm gonna fire a guess, probably around 3000 to 4000 calories a day, but i suck at these things.

Please, forgive me for my frustration, but during 14/15 months i've been doing this, everything i've been doing in relation to the gym has always been proved wrong. I can never seem to find the right answers, and im finding it hard to accept that there may not be any. I dunno.

Also, say i do reach the 180lbs goal, it will probably be muscle + fat + water. So, one would assume that to get rid of the fat, and expose the muscle, one would have todo cardio, but then won't that just burn the muscle instead, or as well?
    You fail to eat only 3000 calories / day?
    Im currently bulking and im almost 160 pounds, and 3000 calories isnt that hard,,,you just need to stock it up.
    5' 11" 160 20 y/o
    8% b/f

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredd View Post
    You fail to eat only 3000 calories / day?
    Im currently bulking and im almost 160 pounds, and 3000 calories isnt that hard,,,you just need to stock it up.
    Amen, 3k isn't that bad.
    1 cup peanuts = 800 cal
    1 tbsp olive oil = 110 cal
    1 big mother****ing shake = 1400 calories

Suck it up, princess.

3000 calories a day? LoL I know myself and most others have that in maybe 2-3 meals
    Don't asker for a light load, but a strong back.

JOURNAL

Best Meet Lifts @ 220 Raw:
    Squat - 475
    Bench - 355
    Dead - 500
    Total: 1330

Weaker
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSpikeyThing View Post
    Amen, 3k isn't that bad.
    1 cup peanuts = 800 cal

Suck it up, princess.
    Yes, thankyou for that.

I could be eating aaround 3000 a day, but because im not too familiar with how fitday works (tell me to 'grow a pair' or some new variation of that) i dont know the exact amount im taking in, it could even be more than that, quite likely, come to think of it.

And, trust me, i would love to stock up, but i cant afford to buy the amount of food i want/need to eat.
    Journal

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpikeyThing View Post
    Amen, 3k isn't that bad.
    1 cup peanuts = 800 cal

Suck it up, princess.
    this guy is da man
    5' 11" 160 20 y/o
    8% b/f

I don't know how old you are but I suspect you may be young. I hate seeing alot of these older guys being pretty rude to thin young beginners, so understand this isn't rudeness but honesty.

When I was younger I wouldn't hear what I am telling you here and now, but take your time. Why does it have to be by this time or that? Take your time train 2-3x per week, eat what you can, (I'd eat at home, grandparents, uncles, aunts, freinds, school or whereever food is free). Also a few natty PB and Jelly sandwiches on whole wheat ain't going to break the bank. Don't worry if Fitday says its lard you are gaining. Eat enough to be in caloric surplus and lift hard and it will happen as fast as it can.

bone crusher
    i would say 3-5 lbs/month is reasonable (depending on the individual) w/o adding a lot of bodyfat

Banned
    OP: I'm in the midst of hitting my 3500 claories for the day. Read my fitday if you want - it's for Januray 22nd. It's pretty carbalicious, but I hit my minimums. I'll add on another 1/3 to 1/2 cup of peanuts and I'll be done for the day
    Last edited by RedSpikeyThing; 01-22-2007 at 07:53 PM.

sure u can, but it won't b all muscle
    hahah
    Train.

Weaker
    I own a computer, thanks, i'd sell it if i could.

And thanks for all the support. I'll just have to be extra nice and ask for some more food from parents, and use my 30 a week on food, i'm guessing it should be enough.

Thanks all, i got my answer as to whether or not it was realistic to gain that much a week. Cheers
    Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Portboy View Post
    Excuse the possibly hostile tone, im really ****ed off with all this.

According to ****ing fitday.com i've got to gain 1.2lbs a ****ing week to get my pathetic ****ing frame of 168lbs up to a pathetic weak frame of ****ing 180lbs by March 31st.

How realistic is it for me to gain 1.2lbs a week, i dont know whether this is actual muscle, water, fatty fat fat, or whatever.

Considering that i simply cannot afford to get 80000000000000000 calories in per day (yes i know thats probably impossible, merely an exaggeration as i'm really ****ed off).

What do ya wreckon? Thanks in advance.
    Nice Simpsons reference! Unless that wasn't on purpose, lol

Weaker
    Quote Originally Posted by WildJames View Post
    Nice Simpsons reference! Unless that wasn't on purpose, lol
    Lol, yeah well spotted.
    Journal