Thread: Not a registered user: EBAY

Not a registered user: EBAY

Great, I just bought a buttload of protein mix and other stuff from this dude on ebay and he has good feedback (like 200 buys) and now the payment went through paypal and I just went back there now and it says: "Not a registered user" underneath the dudes name!!!

Anybody else have this happen? I paid it, and I hope he still sends it, but it tells me that he is Not a registered user.
    Last edited by must_eat; 01-19-2007 at 07:14 PM.

More than likely you're screwed. Same thing happened to me.

I bought a bluetooth headset on eBay and after i paid, the exact same thing happened... his account was deleted. I waited a couple weeks to no avail. I used a money order to pay actually and i had the guys address, so i did a reverse phone look-up and got his phone number. I was very polite on the first 2 calls, and after 2 weeks of no refund and no product, i proceeded to bombard him with phone calls at ALL HOURS of the day and night. I told him i will never stop calling until i got my money back. He eventually had his phone number changed and I never got my money or product.

I tried to resolve through eBay, but since he was no longer a registered user and the product wasn't over a certain value, i got screwed.
    Last edited by DeHartD; 01-19-2007 at 06:45 PM.
    6'3"

*on the shelf*

I bought a bluetooth headset on eBay and after i paid, the exact same thing happened... his account was deleted. I waited a couple weeks to no avail. I used a money order to pay actually and i had the guys address, so i did a reverse phone look-up and got his phone number. I was very polite on the first 2 calls, and after 2 weeks of no refund and no product, i proceeded to bombard him with phone calls at ALL HOURS of the day and night. I told him i will never stop calling until i got my money back. He eventually had his phone number changed and I never got my money or product.

I tried to resolve through eBay, but since he was no longer a registered user and the product wasn't over a certain value, i got screwed.
    Dude, that sucks! Well it looks like I probably got screwed then too because he just erased his account. I just cant figure out why people can do this? They can make a Ebay account and then sell stuff and then jip somebody?

This stuff is legal as long as its under a little amount of money? This stuff makes me so mad because i hate con artists.

outnumber

The thing that makes me even madder is I dont have alot of money and i spent what little money i had on protein and now i dont have any money for protein.

my mom said if i keep on eating all the food in the house that i would have to buy my own food so i said cool, but now that this idiot wants to rip me off $50, well i got words for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! outnumber

go to 'my ebay' and under 'items won' i think you go to item auction page or there is a drop down box that you can select file dispute or product not received. eBay will try to recover it for you, but there is no guarantee. Do you have the address and name of the guy?
    6'3"

*on the shelf*

WBB Member
    The same thing happened to me once. I was stupid because the guy only had 2 feedbacks and had just joined a few days ago. He never responded to my emails and never sent the book. Luckily I was only out $15.
    Last edited by SpecialK; 01-19-2007 at 07:24 PM.

Waiting for weight! Powdered_Power's Avatar
    That sucks man..

Tell you guys what, if anyone reading this ever has a doubt about a seller and wants some confirmation before shelling out on something, send me a PM with the user-id and i can (ab)use my powers as an ebay employee to run a backround check on them. :-)
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=87300
    21 yrs
    155 lbs 01/2/07 - 167 lbs 16/3/07 -169 lbs 20/4/07
    5'10 ft

Bench: 120lbs
    DL: 160lbs
    Squat: 120lbs ON HOLD
    Total = 400lbs

If you had paypal deduct it from your bank account there is not much you can do but if you had it taken from a credit card then you can get your money back from paypal.

Hope this helps.
    Long signatures SUCK.

~Nico

Quote Originally Posted by Powdered_Power View Post
    That sucks man..

Tell you guys what, if anyone reading this ever has a doubt about a seller and wants some confirmation before shelling out on something, send me a PM with the user-id and i can (ab)use my powers as an ebay employee to run a backround check on them. :-)
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Must_Eat, to be honest I'm really surprised a person with a 200 rating would screw you over. It takes a while to get up to 200 unless he found a way to trick the system and rated himself or something to that effect. I'd say you should still hold out for a little because I think it's pretty unlikely that someone with that high of a rating would just disappear without shipment... of course unless I'm missing something here.

On a funny note a year ago or so I came upon a few external hard drives that were brand new and I made the mistake of listing 1 more item than I had so when that last auction was near the end I had to start another account and outbid everyone else and, of course, pay myself hahahahha. Saved my ass from having to say "uh dude ooops I ran out of them" but it technically costed me like $25 for listing the product on eBay.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DeHartD View Post
    More than likely you're screwed. Same thing happened to me.

that may have actually been worth the price of your headset.

Quote Originally Posted by must_eat View Post
    Great, I just bought a buttload of protein mix and other stuff from this dude on ebay and he has good feedback (like 200 buys) and now the payment went through paypal and I just went back there now and it says: "Not a registered user" underneath the dudes name!!!

Anybody else have this happen? I paid it, and I hope he still sends it, but it tells me that he is Not a registered user.
    You can dispute items in paypal and get your money back. Try to get ahold of him first. If not, then dispute. Search for it in the help topics if you can't find it. I've been ripped off before, but I have gotten my cash back thanks to using paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by uw-lifter96 View Post
    that may have actually been worth the price of your headset.
    the fact that he had to change his phone number gave me some closure on the issue lol. just sucks to throw $30 away and have nothing to show for it.
    6'3"

*on the shelf*