The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: always tired

Banned

always tired

I never have enuff energy. this past week I got 8-10 hours of sleep a night and I was still tired in the morning(6-10). 11-12 i was awak then 1-10(when I went to bed) I was tired. Then thhis weekend I tried to get as much sleep as possible and got 15 hours of sleep yesterday. I could barely drag myself out of bed. Im not sick or anything. This is always how I feel. Im assuming im not sleeping properly or something. Can somebody help me? or has this happened to anyone else? thanks.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Could be lots of things.

Easiest way is to get some blood tests done - rule out the common ones - diabetes, thyroid problems etc.

Try unplugging yourself from computer, games, cell phone, tv, etc. for a few days. My guess is you'd be feeling better (albeit frustrated).

Stress, poor diet, poor sleep habits could certainly be the causes too. Seeing a doc would be a good idea.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

It sounds like you are getting TOO much sleep. Every Sleep Study I have read all concur that too much sleep is WAY more detrimental to your health than not enough. You should get 7-8 hours MAX. Anything more really messes with your body. Try going to bed at the same time every night, so you get the 7-8 hours sleep. The first couple of weeks you will need an alarm clock to wake you up. After this period you will notice your body will tell you how much sleep you need. You will have tons of energy, feel great and be able to wake up at whatever time you want with no clock.
    God created liquor to keep the Irish from conquering the world.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonBull View Post
    It sounds like you are getting TOO much sleep. Every Sleep Study I have read all concur that too much sleep is WAY more detrimental to your health than not enough. You should get 7-8 hours MAX. Anything more really messes with your body. Try going to bed at the same time every night, so you get the 7-8 hours sleep. The first couple of weeks you will need an alarm clock to wake you up. After this period you will notice your body will tell you how much sleep you need. You will have tons of energy, feel great and be able to wake up at whatever time you want with no clock.
    I agree, except for the 7-8 hours maximum. It's very individual and depends on a lot of factors - age being a big one.

I must be screwed then cause I was getting 12-13 hours of sleep every night for the past year or so.

Banned
    im 15. Doesnt that mean i need 8-10?

You should ask this question of your doctor.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Banned
    ok. I will.

Read the Stickies! whiteman90909's Avatar
    Caffine causes problems in alot of people too. Eliminate it from your diet completly if you can, you should see an improvment.
    (And I'm not trying to be an ass, but people will take you more seriously when you use proper spelling and grammar)

Younger people should be getting 8-10 if I remember correctly.

I feel best on 9-10 hours of sleep.

7-8 hours "MAX" implies you'd be okay with less, and I disagree.
    I'd be a crappy worker if I only got six hours a night. Eight is good for me, 9-10 being where I feel great, regardless of what a sleep study says.
    Forever Goal: Strength

Weightlifting sucks. I just like to lift heavy things.

Banned
    I dont drink caffeine

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jurzysfinest View Post
    I dont drink caffeine
    No soda?

Banned
    nope. none all i drink is water, milk, and juice and some power shakes with no caffeine.

have you run a fever or had a swollen sore throat in the last month or so? How long has this been going on? Aside from the things listed above perhaps you have mononucleosis (kissing disease). It's no big deal and your body will get over it eventually it just sometimes takes a while and you do feel tired all the time.

Ultimately, as Uncle Pauly said, you need to go talk to your doctor. We're not MDs and can only speak from past experience.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.