Thread: Want to Gain Muscle, and Slim down...

Want to Gain Muscle, and Slim down...

I've been lifting weights now off an on for about 1.5 years and have recently decided that I really want to get into shape. I am 6'3" 225, and would like to lose about 15-20 pounds. I would also like to bulk up muscle wise. I am not that interested in being very vascular, but rather I like the thick look. Currently I lift Chest and tri's on Monday, do 45 of cardio on Tuesday, back and bi's on Wednesday, 45 cardio on Thursday, chest and forearms on Friday, 45 cardio Saturday, and shoulders and bi's on Sunday. In addition, I also try and eat very low fat, and am trying to avoid white flower/sugar. I typically eat egg white's for breakfast, stir-fry chicken and white rice at lunch, and then have either chicken and rice / pasta with tuna / or soup for dinner. I am currently taking no supplements, but will soon be taking, creatine, glutamine, ZMA'hp, and androsteine (all of which I have taken before). How does this sound, please make suggestions as to what I can do to achieve my goal. I am very dedicated to working out, but I am not knowledgeable enough to know what the right choices for everything are.

Thanks for your help,
    Chris

Might as well start it off.. Are you in a wheelchair? Handcapped from the waist down..? If so, I appologize for my rudeness, otherwise start training your legs. It a huge muscle group, and by training that alone, you can experience growth in the -rest- of you.

You do most muscles groups twice a week.. Try to cut that down to one. Rest is a rather important thing, and you'll probably find better gains if you are completely healed before you hit the muscle again.. Ignore this comment if you are progressing on the weights/reps already. It might work for you.

You can't lose fat and bulk the muscle at the same time. At this point in time, you've gotta decide which one you want to do first, do it, then do the next. That's up to you. And that part is going to be seriously in the diet department alone.. so, read the articles on wannabebig about diet, learn a little bit about BMR and the macronutrients and how they work with you, then try to set up a diet for either cutting or bulking. You are eating healthy (I'm assuming from your comments), but it's going to be more a question of how much you are eating that matters now.

I'm done for now.
    LaLa

I worked my legs a lot before, and now I am just doing my cardio to trim them out. I have very strong legs so I am not that concerned about increasing there. I was afraid that I was going to either have to diet or gain muscle. As far as diet and bulking cycles go, how long do I need to do each before I can switch back? Should I just pick one and go with it until I get the desired result and the switch over to the other side. Also, if I diet first, when I go on a bulking cycle will I just end up gaining back all that fat, or at least some of it?

Thanks again,
    Chris

are you the guy that appeared on the Jerry Springer show the one that walks on his hands because he has no legs??

seriously training legs has a wealth of benefits aside from growing your legs!