The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Just need a little support

As long as my diet is good and I continue using WBB1 I should start seeing gains how soon would you say?

I'm making sure my daily protein level is adequate (170g avg daily) and my sat. fats are relatively low. I've taken advice from members here and introduced more poly & mono fats. I'm consuming roughly 2000-2200 calories daily.

I have no option but to see results right? Thanks.

Allen

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

You should see progress all over if your diet is dialed in. Your weights in the gym should be going up, your weight should be going up, and you'll see progress in the mirror.

Just keep working hard and you'll see gains.
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle

If you stick to that routine and continue to (sensibly) up the weights in the gym you'll start seeing all these cool new lines and bulges all over the upper and lower body. I remember when I started to see definition.... I'd pose and check every day lol!

Sound like you have a very solid base and no matter what your body type is results should come imo in as little as 2-3 weeks
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I've gotten horribly out of shape over the years and hope to look decent by summer if at all possible.

I will definitely keep you posted and post up some pics when I feel comfortable. Late.

Allen

Wannabebig Member
    I am in the same boat as you.... I have always been a gangly skinny thing and now ive decided taht i want to be big....we will just have to see... good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwareman View Post
    As long as my diet is good and I continue using WBB1 I should start seeing gains how soon would you say?

I'm making sure my daily protein level is adequate (170g avg daily) and my sat. fats are relatively low. I've taken advice from members here and introduced more poly & mono fats. I'm consuming roughly 2000-2200 calories daily.

Allen
    That seems very low to be expecting to see gains...I'd aim for 3k to start and go up from there depending on how much your gaining. (how much do you weigh currently?)

Allen

Are you bulking or cutting? 2000 would be very low on a bulk.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Bear in mind that your mileage may vary depending on your training, diet, and genetics but....I'm doing a very slightly modified version of WBB1 and I was seeing nice results by the end of week 2. After just a month, whoa baby!

Based on my own personal experience, I definitely agree with what has already been said by a few others too. Eat MORE!!! No eat = no grow. It's just that simple. Just make sure you eat clean (ie. not chowing down on McDonald's every day to up those cals)!
    “Our doubts are our traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.” - Shakespeare

"Do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda

Wannabebig Member
    I'm 5'11" and weigh 190 right now. I was eating pretty much anything so I am carrying some fat on my frame. If I was to guess I would say about low 20%'s.

My daily caloric intake is just slightly higher then what I stated. It's closer to about 2300-2500. I'm eating Oatmeal, eggs (in olive oil), peanut butter, chicken breasts, protein shakes (2 a day), and fruits, vegetables (like brocolli, brussel sprouts). Other items as well like salmon, nuts etc. but don't want to go into all diet right now.

I'm actually trying to gain muscle mass and strength right now, which is why I want my protein level high. I've not pumped iron for a loooong while so I will have what Built called "a honeymoon period" in which I will gain muscle and lose fat no matter what because of being a newbie.

Just want some reasurrance or advice on what to look for in gains. I'm not as experienced as many here as this is only my second week of training in over a decade...lol

Allen

I'd suggest getting those cals to at least 2,700. Just my opinion.
    “Our doubts are our traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.” - Shakespeare

"Do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda

2000? 2500? 2700?

man, AT LEAST 3500 @ 190 lbs and considering your young, ive consumed 2000 in one meal, lol, enjoy your bulk eating dude!
    2000 or bust

I'm 5'11" and weigh 190 right now. I was eating pretty much anything so I am carrying some fat on my frame. If I was to guess I would say about low 20%'s.

My daily caloric intake is just slightly higher then what I stated. It's closer to about 2300-2500. I'm eating Oatmeal, eggs (in olive oil), peanut butter, chicken breasts, protein shakes (2 a day), and fruits, vegetables (like brocolli, brussel sprouts). Other items as well like salmon, nuts etc. but don't want to go into all diet right now.

I'm actually trying to gain muscle mass and strength right now, which is why I want my protein level high. I've not pumped iron for a loooong while so I will have what Built called "a honeymoon period" in which I will gain muscle and lose fat no matter what because of being a newbie.

Just want some reasurrance or advice on what to look for in gains. I'm not as experienced as many here as this is only my second week of training in over a decade...lol

Allen

Thats awome man. It sounds like youve got a nice clean diet. Just keep in mind, protein is important, yes, but its the extra calories that are going to build muscle.

Built, like always, knows what shes talking about. In fact, if she was ever wrong, I'd know I was dreaming again.

If you havent lifted, youll make muscular gains and drop fat with what youre doing. How much of "newbie" gains you get will depend on many factors. But at any rate, once those gains slow down, youre going to need to bump up your calories to at least 2,700-2,800 imho. And dont confuse the rapid strength gains you will recieve for improved body composition. Its merely CNS adaption and muscle memory. In the beginning it can be harder to monitor progress. After all, you could gain 1 lb of muscle and lose 1 lb of fat at the same time..so youd register the same on your scale. The best way you can go about it is by the mirror. Do you have access to something that would test your body fat? While not all devices are accurate..it really doesnt matter-youd only be using them for "progress".

Goodluck on your program man-It sounds like youll see some nice results.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Wannabebig Member
    Well I'm 35 years old and I can tell my body does'nt burn calories like it used to. I'll stick to this for a while (couple months) and see how I progress. If I feel I need more calories then I'll definitely bump them up.

Thanks for all the suggestions as they are very informative and useful in my quest for knowledge of pumping iron. Later.

Allen

Wannabebig Member
    Can I measure my own bodyfat or does it need to be done by someone else?

Allen

Wannabebig Member
    google in body fat calculator...you measure your neck stomach and one more i think...I did mine that way and it was pretty accurate

Wannabebig Member
    Ok, thanks.

Allen

Don't keep your fats TOO low. 0.5g of fats per 1lb bodyweight is the reccommended. A 1:1:1 ratio of sat:monooly is also supposed to be best.

For you at 190, that would be around 90g of fat a day and roughly 30g of saturated fat a day. That's a sensible amount and you won't clog your arteries or give yourself a heart attack!