The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Banned

ok, Im being plain indecisive-To bulk, or not to bulk.

I just researched a low-carb, high fat, high protein diet that this pro lifter guy tried. He lost like 4% of his over all bodyfat, and he gained muscle. I never even thought of going low carb, but his results are really tempting me to abort my clean bulk mission, and just cut like crazy. I have been clean bulking for only like two weeks, and have probably gained about 2.5lbs. This is good. This means that i have gained very little fat along with it. I am torn.

What should i do? Bulking for two weeks seems not-so effective and stupid.
    Should i like, clean bulk for another month, and then cut? Or cut now and be done with the whole deal. I definitely have enough muscle on me to look good at say 9% bodyfat....or i could even go lower....heehee!!!
    I say again, i could end my whole goal if i decided to cut now, but my pride is in the way because i just started a bulk.

If you ask, why did you bulk now? Well i just ended a cut. It was a very inexperianced cut, but i lost like 18lbs, with alittle muscle.
    I am now at 227, coming from 245. But if i cut again, now having this new knowledge, i would look great in like 2 months. If i continued to bulk, i would look like the hulk when i decide to cut afterwards.

help!!!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerInTheRaw View Post
    I just researched a low-carb, high fat, high protein diet that this PRO lifter guy tried. !!!
    (capitals are mine)

No. I put the reason why in capitals.

Simply because someone gets great results on a diet does NOT mean that you will get the same results.

And this is doubly true for pros since most are "assisted" and can lean out fast even eating a lot of garbage.

And unless you actually witnessed him eating this diet, how do you know he did? A lot of diets as well as routines are ghost-written.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 01-24-2007 at 02:02 AM.

No one can answer this question but you. Bulk if you want to be bigger, cut if you want to be smaller.

Either way, I'm sure we're about to see a new collection of "questions" from you, this time about cutting, where you assert your superiority over everyone after asking for advice...
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

If you feel your bf is decent for what you can cut off then bulk.
    Change is the constant, the signal for rebirth, the egg of the phoenix.

Link to my change http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=85798

He doesnt start fights he just operates on high speed in a low speed zone all the time .-BRAWL

Makes sense to bulk throughout the whole winter, no? Cut in the spring to be ready for summer?

That's my plan anyways

Banned
    deeder nothing witty, please.
    I will not be an @ss this time around, and i apologise if i have genuinely spurned advice after first asking for it. This does not sound like something i would do, but ok.
    I would like to get so incredibly strong and big, and then cut using hydroxycut or nitor so it goes faster. The Nitor stuff is like 40$ a thingy.
    I could do that, thats no biggie. But now that i have the key to rippage, why not go for the gusto, and build crazy mass?
    The pro lifter guy did a low-carb thing. Here is his daily intake:
    100-120g fat
    100 carb
    320 prot.
    ~2600 cals a day.
    And yes ofcourse he used a supplement, and this, for me, will be either Nitor or Hydroxycut.
    Last edited by PowerInTheRaw; 01-25-2007 at 12:23 AM.

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    I know that you badly want to see your abs, but at your height and weight, I think you should hold off and bulk up quite a bit more. You still have plenty of room to grow in terms of muscle mass. I think you should keep bulking and cut later. Your abs won't go away. They're still there...waiting to be revealed once you finish your bulk.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Banned
    Scars of pain that was an encouraging reminder. I appreciate it.
    This is most likely what i will end up doing, as im in no mood to diet right now, and id much rather just get really big.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerInTheRaw View Post
    Scars of pain that was an encouraging reminder. I appreciate it.
    This is most likely what i will end up doing, as im in no mood to diet right now, and id much rather just get really big.
    Good idea. But make sure you realize, youll still be on a DIET. A diet is nothing more than what you consume as energy. So in this case, your diet will be lotsa calories for your bulk.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Banned
    i agree. The diet will not be dieting, but it will be a diet in that it is food intake.