Thread: BGB question

Wannabebig Member

BGB question

Im feeling like im not doing enough upper body, mainly chest on this routine. I know shoulders are getting work on chest back days as well so im not so concerned with them. But chest seems to not be getting hit as hard as i would like. I could be wrong you guys would know more so just asking. Thanks
    They say wisdom is wise words spoken by a brother attemptin to open the graves of these mentally dead slaves. ~GZA~

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Why do you feel chest is not getting hit hard enough?
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Wannabebig Member
    I jus dont feel pump during the workout in my chest compared to the other parts...maybe up the weight a lil? maybe Im wrong.
    They say wisdom is wise words spoken by a brother attemptin to open the graves of these mentally dead slaves. ~GZA~

Quote Originally Posted by JDNY87 View Post
    I jus dont feel pump during the workout in my chest compared to the other parts...maybe up the weight a lil? maybe Im wrong.
    So what youre reffering to isnt the amount of growth cycles within the BGB week? You just mean - you dont feel it "hit" ahrd enough on a given day?

I have trouble seeing how thats even at all possible. I do 5x5 benchpress and then 3 x 8 incline dumbell press and thats certainly enough.

In reality, you shouldnt judge your overall workout based on the "pump" While there is research that suggests the "pump" or "burn" can be an indicator of GH released, thats a whole different story. Any other value the "pump" has is meaningless. As long as you are increasing the weight on the bar, youll be fine.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

If you look at the BGB sample routine, the OP has a valid point because every muscle gets a heavy workout and a light workout in one week, except for the chest which only gets a heavy workout. I don't have a link to hand, but Built wrote down some suggestions as to where and how you could fit in a light chest workout.
    I do my light chest workout on Shoulder and Back Width day (Day 3). Alternatively you can add a light chest workout to Day 4 in place of direct tricep work, but I personnaly didn't like the idea of having no direct tricep excercises.

As far as chest goes, weighted dips on day 4 has been working fine for me.

S(atg) - B - DL
    375 - 335 - 515

"Gaining weight and having bigger body will make you look great on any clothing. Men with strong body are very attractive to women. General people tend to admire big muscle too." -mbijay

Quote Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
    As far as chest goes, weighted dips on day 4 has been working fine for me.

Exactly, Dips on day 4 or even doing close-grip benchpresses adds indirect chest work just like all the other body parts.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Wannabebig Member
    i think ill try that loaded passive stretch. If i read that right do that during the 5 x 5 twice?