Thread: Lifting wrong. need help

Wannabebig Member

Lifting wrong. need help

Hello.

a little over a month ago now. i bought a multigym system. one of those you sit on. with 2 butterfly arms. anyhow. on that i can train butterfly. and benchpress. but the thing is. when i use the benchpress. and press both butterfly handles out. i cant feel anything in the chest. same how i try to lift. i do not feel anything. i feel it in my arms. but nothing in the chest. any tips to train the chest with a multigym like that ? to lift correct ?

put the multigym system on your back and do pushups

Hahah, Scooter rocks! lol

Really, that thng is doing you no benefits, when I say thing, I mean the whole thing, you would have been better to invest in a apower rack adn weights.
    Being a strong teenager means nothing.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Dust out the vagina, and keep on lifting.

Wannabebig Member
    you may be right. but the thing is. i dont have a power rack. i have an multigym. so i need to use that. i need to get some tips and tricks on how to lift so i can train my chest. and not only my arms. when i use the multigyms benchpress excercise. i only notice that it works on my upper arms. not the chest at all :/

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    you may be right. but the thing is. i dont have a power rack. i have an multigym. so i need to use that. i need to get some tips and tricks on how to lift so i can train my chest. and not only my arms. when i use the multigyms benchpress excercise. i only notice that it works on my upper arms. not the chest at all :/

Its working your chest. Any pressing movement will. For kicks and giggles, if you want to "feel your chest" then try holding the weight an inch before lock back..(chest stretched) Try holding it for like 30 seconds before you press out again. Remember not to hunch your shoulders forward on a press.

But honestly, you could just use your multistation gym for the flys and whatever else it offers and go out and buy some salt bags..put em on your back for some weighted pushups. You could do a superset like that.. pushups, then the machine press. Dont feel bad..I wasted money on one of those things a long time ago too..
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial