Page 38 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast
Results 926 to 950 of 3813

Thread: CR's Powerlifting Journal

  1. #926
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    12,251
    wicked workout, that must of took a few hours! makes me so jealous i want to have lower body workouts again. i know id squat 700+ in double ply and wraps.
    2000 or bust

  2. #927
    Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    LI,NY
    Posts
    9,266
    Bako- it involves a power rack, some wood, a few bars, some bands, some ankle straps, a bunch of duct tape and a lot of creativity/spare time.

    Sid- Yea, KK makes single and double-ply denim stuff. I got these briefs waaay back, but now they are real tight. I think I am going to work up singles in those briefs leading up to the meet and see where I'm at. I really believe I will be able to squat 550-600 in those and a gangsta knee wrap. We shall see though as the meet nears.

    Coke- you got that right. Gear FTW!!

    Stump- Everyday in the gym takes hours. That's how we roll. I think you should get a shirt now and work your bench like hell while you wait for your hammy to heal. That way your bench will pass your squat.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

  3. #928
    Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    LI,NY
    Posts
    9,266
    I've decided from now on I will nominate one lift(maybe two if it's tough to decide) per session that I witness that is just ridiculous for one reason or another. I get to see a lot of crazy-ass shiat in the gym and sometimes I really have to sit back and think WOW. From last night:


    I'd say if you saw a training partner of yours or anyone for that matter hit 805 off a 2-board in the shirt you'd say that is damn strong. I saw that last night, only he also had a pair of green(average) bands doubled on the bar. For most people that setup would add roughly 300+ lbs of tension at lockout. That just ain't right. For those of you mathematically challenged, he locked out ~1100!!!

    So Glen Russo wins the award from last night.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

  4. #929
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,396
    That's sick man.

  5. #930
    Who me? Chubrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,762
    **** man, 1100. Chump change. It ain't nuttin but a G thing...

    Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

  6. #931
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,396
    thang

  7. #932
    HomeYield WillKuenzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    7,769
    See, just putting doubled greens on there is tough. Not to mention the extra 800lbs to begin with. Do you ever get numb to seeing **** like that on a daily basis?
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

  8. #933
    Senior Member KevinStarke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    7,413
    Thats an unbelievable 2-board... with bands no less... sick workout as well man.

  9. #934
    Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    LI,NY
    Posts
    9,266
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeYield View Post
    See, just putting doubled greens on there is tough. Not to mention the extra 800lbs to begin with. Do you ever get numb to seeing **** like that on a daily basis?

    That's exactly what happens. I've talked about that with a few of my training partners. The things I get to witness on a daily basis just don't happen in any old gym. That's why I wanted to share with you guys some of the stuff I get to see. Sometimes, when I sit back and reflect on my training session, I am like holy **** that was sick. Obviously John Bernor is a major cause of this since he just not human.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

  10. #935
    Breaker of Skulls Guido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    40N 88W
    Posts
    11,316
    That's awesome. I'd imagine that's how some of the guys at Westside must feel on a daily basis. I've read articles where they lament how weak they are and then go out into the "real world" and notice how people are always staring at them and how other people seem so small and weak.

    I imagine it like in Fight Club, where after a few nights of fighting Ed Norton and Brad Pitt start looking at other people differently, like on the bus.

    "A guy who came to Fight Club for the first time, his ass was a wad of cookie dough. After a few weeks, he was carved out of wood."
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1


    My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

    "Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

  11. #936
    Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    LI,NY
    Posts
    9,266
    8/23
    Bench assistance

    Decline press

    1@095x15
    1@135x10
    1@185x5
    2@225x8


    Flat DB press

    1@50'sx6
    1@70'sx3
    1@75'sx13


    DB floor press(palms facing/elbows in)

    1@60'sx20


    Cable crossover(for da pumpz/pec deck was taken)- 2 sets

    Decline Kaz press(smith)- 3 sets

    Skull crushers- 1 set


    Good session tonight. I felt tired all day long, but still managed to get some good work in. I really liked the floor presses I did. Keeping the palms and elbows in really nailed the triceps.

    I'm stoked for tomorrow. I'm gonna do some more singly-ply squatting and then probably do some box squats with the SSB. Good times.


    The freakshow that is Glen Russo came back today to do some more bench training. He's gonna take the award every time he comes, lol. This was two days after the crazy band stuff. He was doing reps off boards in the shirt. He did the following off a 3-board:

    675x5
    765x5
    855x6!!
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

  12. #937
    Magically Delicious redFury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,093
    Nice decline pressing Chris! I don't think I could do 225x8...

    And whats up with that guy doing 855x6 on 3bd? He must really be a freak!
    - rEDfURY
    Powerlifting since Sept 2006
    My PL Training Journal

    Philippians 4:13

    "To give anything less that your best is to sacrifice the gift" - Pre

  13. #938
    Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    LI,NY
    Posts
    9,266
    Quote Originally Posted by redFury View Post
    Nice decline pressing Chris! I don't think I could do 225x8...

    And whats up with that guy doing 855x6 on 3bd? He must really be a freak!
    He is. I'm not sure if anyone else is on the brink, but I fully believe if he stays healthy he will very soon become the third man to officially bench 1000+ in a meet. His best right now is 930@308, but he's good for much more. His bottom end is very strong and he's been training in the phenom. I think this cycle he will be working his lockout a lot(hence the last few sessions) and that should take him where he needs to be. This is what happens when you take a freak and put them in the hands of Chris Taylor. He coached Scott Sceppe when he hit the 740@198 bench and he will help take Glen over 1000. I am blessed to train with this team.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

  14. #939
    phil 4:13 Bako Lifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    2,835
    Sweeeet declines CR, I think I figured out the secret to your sky rocketing bench. Pec deck.

  15. #940
    Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    LI,NY
    Posts
    9,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Bako Lifter View Post
    Sweeeet declines CR, I think I figured out the secret to your sky rocketing bench. Pec deck.
    LOL Anything to make the shirt tighter.

    You gonna shirt up anytime soon?
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

  16. #941
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    12,251
    that glen guy is a freak!! actually i am going to get a shirt next paycheck, how much are they?? should i just go for a 2ply?
    2000 or bust

  17. #942
    Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    LI,NY
    Posts
    9,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumprrp View Post
    that glen guy is a freak!! actually i am going to get a shirt next paycheck, how much are they?? should i just go for a 2ply?
    Awesome.

    All depends on where you want to use it. If you want to stay USPF or so USAPL, you better go single.

    If you want to have some real fun go with the double.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

  18. #943
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    12,251
    i want to lift the most weight i can, but i dont think theres many other federations aside from USPF near me.
    2000 or bust

  19. #944
    Always Learning IZich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rodgers View Post
    8/23
    Bench assistance

    Decline press

    1@095x15
    1@135x10
    1@185x5
    2@225x8


    Flat DB press

    1@50'sx6
    1@70'sx3
    1@75'sx13


    DB floor press(palms facing/elbows in)

    1@60'sx20


    Cable crossover(for da pumpz/pec deck was taken)- 2 sets

    Decline Kaz press(smith)- 3 sets

    Skull crushers- 1 set


    Good session tonight. I felt tired all day long, but still managed to get some good work in. I really liked the floor presses I did. Keeping the palms and elbows in really nailed the triceps.

    I'm stoked for tomorrow. I'm gonna do some more singly-ply squatting and then probably do some box squats with the SSB. Good times.


    The freakshow that is Glen Russo came back today to do some more bench training. He's gonna take the award every time he comes, lol. This was two days after the crazy band stuff. He was doing reps off boards in the shirt. He did the following off a 3-board:

    675x5
    765x5
    855x6!!
    Dude CR, totally insane stuff at your gym. What's it like there? I've seen vids of you on youtube and it looks like a crazy room with a bunch of crazy people there. How many people are there on a given night?
    6'2" | 215 lbs

    B320 S315 D440 = 1075
    The Road to 1200
    I'm always open to suggestions and critique, so stop by and help a brother out!

    "Determination is the wake-up call to the human will." - TR

  20. #945
    phil 4:13 Bako Lifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    2,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rodgers View Post
    LOL Anything to make the shirt tighter.

    You gonna shirt up anytime soon?
    Hah. I got that F6 in my car. Last time I used it I crashed and burned, I might give it another try next month.

  21. #946
    Senior Member KevinStarke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    7,413
    Sick benching man, your pressing strength is movin on up.

  22. #947
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,396
    Nice benching bro, sick work by Russo!

  23. #948
    Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    LI,NY
    Posts
    9,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumprrp View Post
    i want to lift the most weight i can, but i dont think theres many other federations aside from USPF near me.

    Yea, you are going to have to get used to the fact that traveling to meets is part of powerlifting. I know sometimes it's a pain, because it costs money, but if it's what you love to do you'll make it happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by IZich View Post
    Dude CR, totally insane stuff at your gym. What's it like there? I've seen vids of you on youtube and it looks like a crazy room with a bunch of crazy people there. How many people are there on a given night?
    It's a regular, clean, small gym. When we started going there we called it Globo Gym(cause it looked all clean like on the movie Dodgeball). We have changed that a bit, lol. We basically took over one wing of the gym and have our monolift, bench and deadlift platform there. We have a huge closet that we took over where we keep a ton of boards, bands, chains, boxes, etc. Our crew can roll as high as 15+ on any given training night. We aren't always doing the same lifts together, but we are always helping each other. That's why I am in the gym sooo long.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bako Lifter View Post
    Hah. I got that F6 in my car. Last time I used it I crashed and burned, I might give it another try next month.
    You have to use it to get used to it. Just make sure you can get some spotters. The more you try it, the better you'll get.

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinStarke View Post
    Sick benching man, your pressing strength is movin on up.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBoy View Post
    Nice benching bro, sick work by Russo!

    Thanks guys. I'm feeling strong and Russo is a FREAK!
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

  24. #949
    Always Learning IZich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rodgers View Post
    It's a regular, clean, small gym. When we started going there we called it Globo Gym(cause it looked all clean like on the movie Dodgeball). We have changed that a bit, lol. We basically took over one wing of the gym and have our monolift, bench and deadlift platform there. We have a huge closet that we took over where we keep a ton of boards, bands, chains, boxes, etc. Our crew can roll as high as 15+ on any given training night. We aren't always doing the same lifts together, but we are always helping each other. That's why I am in the gym sooo long.
    LOL! I like how you guys just "took over". I bet no staff worth their right mind would stop 15+ powerlifters from doing their thang.

    Sounds like a great community - I wish I had that down at UCLA. I pretty much have to train Westside by myself.
    6'2" | 215 lbs

    B320 S315 D440 = 1075
    The Road to 1200
    I'm always open to suggestions and critique, so stop by and help a brother out!

    "Determination is the wake-up call to the human will." - TR

  25. #950
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rodgers View Post
    We basically took over one wing of the gym
    Sounds like what we did @ my gym. We congregated one day at the squat racks, threw some chalk, marked our territory, and now we own it.

Similar Threads

  1. Persicutor's Powerlifting Journal
    By Persicutor in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 08:12 AM
  2. CR's Powerlifting Journal
    By Chris Rodgers in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 304
    Last Post: 09-14-2006, 09:09 PM
  3. CR's powerlifting journal
    By Chris Rodgers in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 08-11-2004, 08:18 PM
  4. CR's powerlifting journal
    By Chris Rodgers in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 04-15-2004, 10:18 AM
  5. SaulDsl's Powerlifting Journal
    By SaulDSL in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 09:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •