Thread: Stress illness?

Stress illness?

2 days ago (the day before my Hematology test) I woke up in the morning and felt like I hadn't slept in a week. I was basically bedridden the entire day. No nausea/vomiting, or fever. I just felt totally spent. So, I pretty much wasted the most important study day I had. I was told that this was probably a stress reaction, since I didn't have any systemic symptoms. The thing is, I certainly didn't feel overly stressed.
    This happened to me once last year, too. Just an acute bout of fatigue that lasts for one day and is gone the next.

Anyone else experience/heard about this?

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

I've had similar types of things before big tests that I really need to study for and just don't feel that I'd be ready for it, but usually I just go and do something to waste some time for an hour or two and then I'll feel normal again. hth.

Andrew
    Do what needs to be done.

Every time I was in the hole I swear a turd kissed my underwear. - Hatred
    I love snatch. I think I'm addicted to it. - Stray
    I like a woman I can climb - Jinkies
    Personally ... I'm a vagitarian - Brawl
    I don't box, but I'll have a dance off with any of you tools. When I get all my 230 lbs shaking and grooving you bet your a$$es you'll get served. - BilltheButcher

Quote Originally Posted by Beast
    Anyone else experience/heard about this?
    Hell yes.
    2 days ago (the day before my Hematology test) I woke up in the morning and felt like I hadn't slept in a week.
    Maybe because you really hadn't? Studying for those tests are much more physically (was well as mentally) draining than you realize. Hang in there. Nothing like the "de-stress" euphoria.
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

I get sickly and sick from stress alot. bad deal. i worry far too much.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Do you drink any caffeine before you go to bed? Are you exercising before bed? Stress can keep you up during the night and you may not sleep well because you're so tensed up.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Quote Originally Posted by razorcut View Post
    Maybe because you really hadn't? Studying for those tests are much more physically (was well as mentally) draining than you realize. Hang in there. Nothing like the "de-stress" euphoria.
    I had been getting good sleep, actually. 7-8 hours, which is what I normally get. That's why I was so confused when I woke up that morning feeling drained. I hadn't changed my usual study schedule or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkall2003 View Post
    Do you drink any caffeine before you go to bed? Are you exercising before bed?
    No to both.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Yeah, Stress can exaust you like a day of hard labor!! Been there. It was probably from your subconscious thinking about the test.

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by muscle chic View Post
    Yeah, Stress can exaust you like a day of hard labor!! Been there. It was probably from your subconscious thinking about the test.
    I've also had these problems before big tests/days.

It will pass once the stressful situation is avoided or concluded.
    Last edited by Jordanbcool; 01-31-2007 at 10:03 PM.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

bone crusher
    beast I know what you are feeling. Although fortunately for me this occurs after I finish the exam.

bone crusher
    I have another theory on this. The sheer amount of information and stress of the situation depresses our stage 3&4 sleep (deep/delta wave sleep) and biases us toward REM. Now REM is good up to a point but optimal sleep patterns includes signifcant time in stage 3&4. Our minds remain over active and are deprived of the needed recovery achieved in stage 3&4. Thus we experience a crash related to neural fatigue and neurotransmitter depletion