The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wannabebig Member

How Marijuana is Helping me Bulk

I eat around 5-7 small meals through out the day, but a nightime my appetite is minimal and I cant each much, its literaly hard to take each swallow, without gagging.

I smoke a blunt around 10:00 pm every night get an insane appetite and that causes me to get another 1500-2000 cals ( clean food of course) and a huge protien shake in, before i goto sleep.

Been lifting heavy also, went from 174 to 183 2.5 weeks w/ me smoking at night. (im 6'2). Before that I was lucky to get a pound in each week.
    Last edited by fjb2k1; 02-01-2007 at 09:22 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Bulking...
    not to be the bearer of bad news but doesnt gaining almost ten pounds in 2 and half weeks seem like a bad idea? say you continued like that for another 3 months... you'd have a hell of hard time trying to shift the excess weight once you begin your cut

i know you're bulking but excess calories are still excess calories

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Majog View Post
    not to be the bearer of bad news but doesnt gaining almost ten pounds in 2 and half weeks seem like a bad idea? say you continued like that for another 3 months... you'd have a hell of hard time trying to shift the excess weight once you begin your cut

I except the gains to slow down in weeks to come, I'm really. just gettin back to my normal weight which is 190 ( had mono). The tough gains will come when i go from the 190 to my goal of the 205 mark.

But my point is that smoking a joint everyday is greatly increasing my daily apetite, thus helping me put back to my normal weight and hopefully beyond.

its a technique that many people have experienced. and truthfully it is very useful for those people who can't keep their appetite up during bulks.

"Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
    "No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
    "Reach for some self discipline."-Holto

I doubt your looking for 'clean foods' when your baked.

10pm is wayyy too late anyways....say helklo to FAT GAIN!

bone crusher
    yes eating late... not such a good idea
    and smoking anything.. should I show you pics of diseased lungs...lol

this is a funny thread.

I used to smoke before I lifted, because I thought it helped my lifts. Turns out that it just raised my blood pressure and made me tired.

Now I don't smoke and I'm smoking my old PRs.

i understand about the appetite thing. Maybe you could find new recipies of clean food that is "comfort food", where you will crave it even when sober?
    Want to be big? READ WBB ARTICLES!
    Deads 06 245...07 375...08 565---- Squat 2006 175.....2007 315----2008 505----Bench '06 155.....'07 260....'08 385---- weight - 260
    Goals:
    (11-08)Hit 1450 geared (class III - 600/500/350) current - 1455 geared
    Journal - Pics - ...9

too much weed can lead to schizophrenia

...and turn you into a hippie

You can get around the diseased lung issue by baking it into cookies/brownies. You could even add xtra protein if you need. Then you could kill 2 birds with one 'stone'.

DJ

Ex-Twig. Future Freak. Rock Steady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Majog View Post

Sounds like it to me too!

Quote Originally Posted by fjb2k1 View Post
    I except the gains to slow down in weeks to come, I'm really. just gettin back to my normal weight which is 190 ( had mono). The tough gains will come when i go from the 190 to my goal of the 205 mark.

But my point is that smoking a joint everyday is greatly increasing my daily apetite, thus helping me put back to my normal weight and hopefully beyond.
    The gains will slow a bit, but not much - what are your total cals for the day after this additionall TWO THOUSAND? You're going to gain too much fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimum08 View Post
    its a technique that many people have experienced. and truthfully it is very useful for those people who can't keep their appetite up during bulks.
    That makes sense, but 2,000 in one meal seems like too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgundy56 View Post
    I doubt your looking for 'clean foods' when your baked.
    It sounds as if he has it planned - they might be pretty clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreyk View Post
    Not necessarily true, eating at night is a good way to stay anabolic. I eat about 25g fat/35g protein before bed - which is only about 1/5 of 2,000... and I think that's about the right amount.
    My Journal & Before/After Bulk Pictures
    6'1, 217 lbs
    Lifts (lbs): D:465 / SQ (to ||):335 / DB Bench: 110s x 4 / TK:8

Banned
    I was accually talking to a friend of mine the other day. He is a marijuana enthusiast. He wanted me to smoke with him (I've never smoked before). Assuming I keep it to once a month (Right after I get done with legs) at most. Could this is any way negitivly effect my training,muscle devolpment or gains in any way shape or form. Assuming when I get the 'munchies' I eat clean.

I have little to no information on weed. And even less pertaining with bodybuilding.

Quote Originally Posted by djreef View Post
    You can get around the diseased lung issue by baking it into cookies/brownies. You could even add xtra protein if you need. Then you could kill 2 birds with one 'stone'.

DJ
    OMg this is a genius idea.. must try this lol.
    "F-ck life before it f-cks you"

17 yrs old, female
    130 lbs, 5'8"

Quote Originally Posted by blazedprodigy View Post
    I was accually talking to a friend of mine the other day. He is a marijuana enthusiast. He wanted me to smoke with him (I've never smoked before). Assuming I keep it to once a month (Right after I get done with legs) at most. Could this is any way negitivly effect my training,muscle devolpment or gains in any way shape or form. Assuming when I get the 'munchies' I eat clean.

I have little to no information on weed. And even less pertaining with bodybuilding.
    Your name is blazed prodigy and you've never smoked? lol

The only negative affect about smoking weed is goona be on your lungs. As long as you dont smoke before you train, or late at night and lift early the next morning, you'll be fine.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig![/font][/size]

It has very little to -0- effect on muscle development as far as I know. I think the only real negative is the fact that you are smoking something, which regardless of the substance, will have some negative affect on your body.

Like you said, as long as you eat clean while getting the munchies, it's not a big deal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jAy_Dub View Post
    As long as you dont smoke before you train
    Could you please elaborate? I was under the impression that as long as you are able to lift like you normally would, MJ wouldn't affect your workouts.

I know it can smash many people's motivation, but I think that's an individual thing.........

yes, to each, their own. for me, smoking pot on a regular basis kills my motivation to improve my life. I just sit around, watch TV and play video games.

We've got to think about the purpose of our lives (and the life after). Why are we lifting? Why do we eat right?
    Want to be big? READ WBB ARTICLES!
    Deads 06 245...07 375...08 565---- Squat 2006 175.....2007 315----2008 505----Bench '06 155.....'07 260....'08 385---- weight - 260
    Goals:
    (11-08)Hit 1450 geared (class III - 600/500/350) current - 1455 geared
    Journal - Pics - ...9

Quote Originally Posted by mickyjune26 View Post
    yes, to each, their own. for me, smoking pot on a regular basis kills my motivation to improve my life. I just sit around, watch TV and play video games.
    Ahhhh video games while high

Oh yea and I can add the part about being anti-social when people are around me when I smoked.

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreyk View Post
    No it isn't. The time of day in which you eat is irrelevant. That has no affect on fat gain. What matters is total calories for the day.

Been lifting heavy also, went from 174 to 183 2.5 weeks w/ me smoking at night. (im 6'2). Before that I was lucky to get a pound in each week.
    You should be looking to gain 4-5 pounds a month...not nearly 20...unless you want your body composition to resemble the Michelin Man.

And as for the weed, that isn't the best option for getting in more calories. You should try homemade weight gainer shakes. I could easily make a 2,000 calorie shake at home and it wouldn't be hard to drink...and it would also be healthy.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Banned
    correct me if im wrong (and please only if you are positive) but doesnt marijuana lead to decreased test production in the body?

Quote Originally Posted by uw-lifter96 View Post
    correct me if im wrong (and please only if you are positive) but doesnt marijuana lead to decreased test production in the body?
    I was under the impression that it was raised estrogen.
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

Quote Originally Posted by drwost View Post
    too much weed can lead to schizophrenia
    LOL. You're joking right?

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
    LOL. You're joking right?
    There aren't many conclusive studies, but...

Research between the use of cannabis and mental illness has also brought significant results. Cannabis use is generally higher among sufferers of schizophrenia, but the causality between the two has not been established.[43][44] Another study concluded that sustained early-adolescent cannabis use among genetically predisposed individuals has been associated with a variety of mental illness outcomes; ranging from psychotic episodes to clinical schizophrenia.[45][46]
    Last edited by sCaRz*Of*PaiN; 02-02-2007 at 07:35 PM.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Wannabebig Member
    Weed is a loosing propsition. It generally starts out as an occasional thing. Usually with your buds and such. I can't see smoking any thing to help with body building or atheletics. Smoking anything is bad for your overall health.

Laying out your eating plan and making wise choices of foods that will help you reach your goal is a far better way to go. Like was said above some high cal weight gaining shakes are easy to make at home and are far better for you. If you are working out and eating to get big be patient it will come. If you are focused and work hard at it, it will come. Short cuts for temporary gains are not worth it especially if the end result is detrimental to your health.

Everybody I know who smokes tobacco or weed started out thinking they could quit any day they wanted. I have heard it many times. I do not know one smoker who has been doing it a while who has not tried quitting. Not one of them says heck yeah I'm glad I picked up this habit. All of them think that they will not get addicted that happens to those other losers because they are weak. not me.

I have heard many people say you can't get addicted to pot. I disagree. I have heard all the arguements of how it is not that bad for you and it is no big deal. I disagree. It demotivates you. It can take control of your life. It can steal your dreams. It can take away everything that is dear and important to you. You could loose everything and you'll be so baked you won't even realize it your life is falling apart. If you have read this far and are thinking I am full of BS you might be right. I have never shared this publically, however I share this with you because after smoking pot for 25 years and wishing to quit for the last 15 of it I hope to stop just one. I can't describe what I went through getting sober. I can tell you it (Pot) was all a lie. I was invincable just as you are. I could control it just like you, that was a lie. If you go down that road becareful, I would say don't go. But you won't listen to me nor anybody else for you are special and invincable. It won't happen to you. If you can control it good for you but are you willing to risk it?

I watched a good friend of mine die at 38 from drinking rumpleminz. He said he had no drinking problem. The last few days of his life he was in a coma and wore a diaper. He lost any dignity. His liver shut down. He was yellowish green when I watched him suck his last breath of air.

But hey it can't happen to you your invincible...right?
    Just something to ponder.

I'll get of my soap box and won't post of this again
    Pete