Page 101 of 125 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3106

Thread: Vincent Dizenzo Training Log

Friday ME 5/11/12
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upper and lower warmup
    Softball roll pecs/shoulders

Bench w/10 chains 140/230/320x3, 410/440x1, 460x0, 460x1, 420x1
    Dead bench 445 6x1 w/45 second rest between sets
    Fat bar jm's 165 3x12 1x15
    Thumbs up front dbl raises 3x12
    Rev band bench 135x100

Iced pecs/shoulders 20 minutes x2

The last time I did this exercise raw I weighed 322. I was 282 today, for those of you afraid of math that's 40 lbs lighter. My best was 475. After I took 440 I did not think I'd have a pr in me, so I took 460. I think I thought it would be easy because it was not a pr and I end up missing it. I knew I had it in me so I took it again and got it. I did one more set to get some more work within 90%.

After that I did the dead benches. Josh wanted 445 for 6 singles. I'm pretty sure I finished up with a RPE of 10. I don't think I had another one in me. 45 seconds rest was tough between sets. I'm scared to think what Josh has in store for me with these next week.

Finished up with a little assitnce work and was out. Last thing though, the fourth lift on the video is good for 1, not 0.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Saturday 5/12/12
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roll pecs/shoulders with softball
    Light upper body stretch
    Upper and lower body dynamic warmup

Rev band bench pulldowns doulbed light and doubled mini 6x10
    V-bar pulldowns 110 3x15
    Band assisted close grip pullups 3x6
    Dbl conc curls 20 3x10
    Rev kettlebell curls 25 2x10

Iced pecs/shoulders
    Contrast shower

Not much to report here. Solid session. The band tension on the pulldowns was such that my back was off the bench until I started pulling and getting momentum. Also, close grip pullups are much hard for me than wide or neutral grip.

Oh yeah, I always feel compelled to say that my pulley machine is plate loaded and is about as smooth as Rhodes trying to pick up a woman. That's why the weight always looks so light. It's always funny for me to see the difference in weight I can do at home versus at a gym on machines with stacks.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

great video! Any reason you use a softball over lacrosse ball? more surface area?
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal

Yeah, it's especially tough for me to get that close to a wall to roll up against a lax ball.

Sunday 5/13/12

Soft ball roll pec/shoulders
    Upper and lower warmup

Mcgill situps 3x15
    Standing band gm's 3x10
    Trap bar dl 430/490/530x3
    SSB speed box squats 295 w/doulbed mini bands 8x2

Contrast shower

This was good work. It's nice finally handling a little heavier weights. Made me realize how weak I have gotten in squatting and deadlifting. I'm feeling healthy so I should be able to keep this up and make some much needed improvement.

Monday 5/14/12

Softball roll pec/shoulders
    Warmup uppper and lower

Dbl bench 40/50/60/70x20
    Close grip towel bench 315 2x5
    Dbl side lat raises 20 2x15
    Knee pushups 2x25

This was a deload. I finished my three wave week of dynamic and needed a break. My joints really hurt when pressing. The 315 felt like half a ton. I definitely needed this, but also, I did not waste my time. I took my work serious and got it done quickly

Tuesday 5/15/12

20 minutes on airdyne
    Foam roll upper and lower

Usually conditioning and recovery. As usual I felt pretty beat up on Tuesday morning. I hate the airdyne, but I think it helps loosen up my upper body moreso than the treadmill. I hate doing the airdyne every session, but I will keep it in at least once a week when my treadmill is finally repaired.

Wednesday 5/16/12

Airdyne tabata 4 minutes

Had zero interest in conditioning this session. I figured I'd get my heart rate up quickly and be done.

Friday 5/18/12

Upper and lower body warmup

Floor press 135/225/315/365x3, 405/455/495/545/550x1
    Dead Bench 460 6x1 75 seconds rest between sets
    Close grip swiss bar ext on floor 140 3x12
    Seated dbl hang cleans 25 3x15
    Rev band bench 1x100

Contrast shower

My best regular floor press ever was 555 and that was at a heavier bodyweight (Did 570 once, but had matts under my elbows). 495 felt pretty damn heavy so I figured I'd go for 545 and have a number to chase next time around. The lift went well so I bumped it 5 lbs. I missgrooved it, but got it back together and finished it. I keep appreciating the fact that I am better at grinding weight.

Alright, so now I have estblished maxes for my four ME exercises. Now I will take a one week break. Going to play in the shirt for the Last Man Standing Bench this summer. Then it's time to beat those maxes. I am very pleased with my training cycle thus far.

Saturday 5/19/12

Tbar row 45/90x15, 135 3x15
    Fat bar pulldowns 100 3x15
    Band assisted wide grip pullups 2x8
    Incline dbl curls 30 3x10
    Hammer dbl curls 50 2x10

Contrast shower

Kept this really quick. Had a date with the wife. Post workout carbs of beers and baked stuffed shrimp. Life is good.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 05-20-2012 at 08:12 PM.

5/20/12

Spider bar squats 345/415/460
    Lunges w/35 lb dbls 2x10
    Calf raises 2x15
    Kneeling ab pulldowns 2x15

Contrast shower

Went to help Tee out so I headed to the Refuge which is a gym in my state. I liked the vibe, it reminded me of the old Southside gym in CT. You know you are in the right place when you feel like you should have a tetanus shot. Anyway, the ssb did not have handles so I passed on that. I am not flexible enough to get my arms to the pads. So I opted for the homemade spider bar. Damn, whoever made that did a good job. My legs are wrecked. I'm feeling really beat up, time to up my recovery work.

Addendum to Sunday's entry

I really hate to take these out, but I will no longer be doing trap bar deadlifts. With training Friday-bench and Saturday-back my upper back and shoulders are just too beat up to pull with the trap bar. That bar really hits the back and shoulders as well as your legs. It just does not allow for appropriate recovery for those bodyparts and more importantly for my Monday DE bench training.

I always hear Dave Tate asking in my head "Does it help your bench?" When he helped me with programming that came up quite a few times. Yes, I'm hard headed. With how I feel it's obvious pulling on the trap bar will be a hindrance to my bench. So, I am going to include more leg work to make up for the lost volume.

I hear you big fella. I love doing heavy pulls and GM's but they just wreck me for the rest of the week. I think if I didn't bench twice a day on Wednesday I'd be OK but I'm too stupid to give that up so the stupid heavy GMs and pulls were out.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Monday 5/21/12

Half hearted warmup
    DE bench 300 9x3 w/three different grips
    Close grip pin presses 455 2x5, 1x10

That's it. I struggled with doing my delt work which was plate raises. I felt beat and I really don't think they were going to make the difference. I also blew off any flush/prehab work. Not feeling lazy, just did not think it was necessary. Sometimes less is better. I'm trying to teach myself just because I wrote it down when I created the program does not mean it's not subject to change.

Last time around when I did the pin presses I did 405/430 for 5 then 455 for 7. I really smashed that work this time around. I just have to keep pushing the numbers to hit my goal.

Well my body weight crept up quickly on me. I hit my lunk alarm of 290. It's amazing how quickly I can pack on weight. I have been very consistent with my diet during the day with eating just protein and fats. It's in the evenings when I have been grazing more than I should.

Following backloading you can be more liberal in the evening after you train. I clearly have been too liberal. Part of it is eating out more than I should. You just can't control those calories. In addition on my non backloading nights I have been taking in more carbs than I should. I throw in some pretzels here and there. Maybe a pudding cup. These are not terrible snacks but they add up and defeat the purpose of backloading.

So I started thinking about making big changes in my diet or switching up programs completely. Then I thought "How about just following the diet you are on?" With that, I made a promise to not go off my diet for a week and see what happens.

The first day I was getting it back together and Ermal from the radio station brings in pizza. Rhodes and I have complained forever how we do the show for free and the least the guy could do is bring us a pizza. Sure enough he brings it on a day I promise to stay on my diet. After much taunting from Rhodes I still held out.

I will report back next week with my results.

You're a better man than me, free pizza is my ultimate weakness. Best of luck wth your diet!
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal

Heard that on the show the other night. Like how you guys interact during it.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Thanks a lot guys.

Friday - 5/25/12

Warmup
    Equipped bench worked up to 700x1

So I had a much needed deload today. I figured I won't have much of a chance to get into a shirt before the Last Man Standing Meet in PA this July. I'll be competing raw just two weeks before.

Just wanted to make sure I had a shirt I can open an easy 700 with. I have the perfect shirt for it. So that's what I call a shirt deload.

Shirt reload. Haha.. Which shirt are you using?
    Whoever said "Good things come to those who wait" couldn't have amounted to much. If you want it get off your lazy ass and get it!!
    Proudly Sponsored by AtLarge Nutrition

Best raw lifts:
    Squat: 733
    Bench: 512
    Deadlift: 733
    Total:1951

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Wearing the Ace right now. Used a head lift for the first time in the Ace and the shirt reacted really well to it. Then again, it was only 700.

5/26/12

Foam roll upper and lower
    Band reverse flies 3x10
    Bent over rows 225 3x10
    Underhand pulldowns 100 3x10
    Band assisted pullups neutral grip 2x10
    Bent bar curls w/chains and 10's 3x10
    Dbl wrist curls 20 2x20

Kept all rest between sets to 1 minute. Fighting that assistance battle again. Am I supposed to push it or just get it done? I don't know that I'll ever truly know the answer to that one. This time I just got it done, but I got it done quickly
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 05-27-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Sunday 5/27/12

Dynamic warmup
    Seated ssb gm's 3x10
    Physio ball crunches 3x10
    SSB squat 410x5, 465x3, 520x1
    SSB speed squat 320+doubled mini bands 8x2

Legs felt sufficiently worked after this.

Monday 5/28/12

Warmup * did not want to do it but did
    DE bench 300 + 4 chains 9x3 w/3 grips
    Suicide cg floor presses 405 3x5
    Bar pushups 3x20 w/3 grips

This was a really good session. It's one of the first times I did not wear wraps while performing DE bench. I guess I have become too reliant on them. The thing that sucks most about wearing wraps during DE bench is that with only a minute rest I am spending half that time unwrapping and wrapping my wrists. Anyway, no more wrapping wrists on DE work.

On to suicide floor presses, these are really nothing more than floor presses. However, this is one exercise I cannot do inside my rack. I have a cheapo rack and it's made pretty weird. My choices were limited because of a very low ceiling in the basement.

I remember Kroc talking about sneaking into a school gym at night and benching by himself. You really kind of test yourself. So, my last session with close grip floor presses consisted of 2 sets of 5 with 365. I just had to beat that. So I figured 405 for 3 sets of 5 was a logical choice. I think on that last set I might have been able to get one more rep, but I wasn't feeling that suicidal I guess.

As for delt work, I have given it up for Lent. If my bench work is not enough for my delts than I am SOL!
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 05-29-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Tuesday 5/29/12

Upper and lower foam roll
    Treadmill LISS 20 minutes

Typical Tuesday, feel beat up as all heck. Plus our central ac went out on the hottest day of the year so far. Yeah, I'm pretty cranky.