Page 108 of 125 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 3106

Thread: Vincent Dizenzo Training Log

I assumed you'd be a good friend, but damn - your buddy made out like a bandit in the deal, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    I assumed you'd be a good friend, but damn - your buddy made out like a bandit in the deal, lol.
    Yeah, you make a bet, you gotta be willing to pay.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Friday - Bench

Foam roll
    Dynamic warmup
    Bench, worked up to 480
    Fat bar pushdowns 70 3x20
    Face pulls 50 3x20

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

Saturday

Physio ball rev hyper 3x10
    Crunches 3x10
    Trap bar dl worked up to 365x5

Monday - Last pre meet bench w/warmup tip
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Foam roll upper and lower
    Dynamic warmup upper and lower
    DE bench 225 3x3
    Close grip bench w/legs up 135 3x10
    Inverted rows 3x10

I would not normally get on the bench within a week of the meet, but I had a form glitch on Friday I wanted to address. 225 was light of course, but just going through the motions felt good.

Just throwing this out there as far as warming up. Sometimes people don't feel the need to warm up their lower body when performing upper body work and vice versa for the lower body. I warm up both always.

It only makes sense to warmup the entire body. I use a ton of leg drive in the bench. Plus, with the squat, you want to warmup the upper body to get under the bar. This is especially true if your upper body is as tight as mine.

Lastly, I have found if I have a good sweat going durning my warmup I'm ready to go. If I don't get a sweat going it's a really slow start to get going under the bar.

Weight cut, screw that, this is about weight gain!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Started 287 on Sunday. I'm 277 this afternoon on Thursday. Cut has gone as well as it could. Get to weigh in tomorrow at 10:00 and then I am going to put the weight back on.

People always talk about how they cut, that's the easy part. I'm going to talk about the fun part, gaining it back. Here is my list of eats for tomorrow.

1 gallon skim lactose free milk
    2 liters of throwback Pepsi
    6 bagels (with either butter or cream cheese)
    8 Strawberry Pop Tarts
    1 bag of Sun Chips (original flavor)
    4 breaded pork chops
    2 cups of apple sauce
    5 cups of rice

I blame gravity

3 attempts at 600 raw at 275, all missed. Close on the second attempt, but close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.

I tried a different approach by opening right up with the 600. I thought it might save a little nervous energy that would get spent on the platform with a lighter opener. Bad decision in retrospect. The world won't change regardless of whether I get the 600 raw at 275. However, it is embarassing to bomb in a raw meet. The all or nothing attitude is not a competitive one.

The meet was well run. Morgan Mitchell from the UPC along with Nick Puorro and Brian LaPila from the Refuge did a great job. It was a push pull that started promptly at 11:00. I think everything was finished up at 3:00. That's sweet!

On a side note there were a quite a few crossfitters who showed up to lift. They were pretty strong lb for lb. It was cool to share the platform with them.

Regarding my future, I need to design a program specifically for myself. I am always trying to fit my training within the parameters of set programming. It's not addressing my greatest weakness enough, my lockout.

Oops, I almost forgot. I felt much stronger two weeks ago. I also need to address how I peak for a meet. I think I might be backing off too early. I have a lot of work cut out for me, but I'm up for the task.

Ask me a question

Was it a form flaw that held you back? Or you weren't downright strong enough to get the 600? Where did you fail?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock1984 View Post
    Was it a form flaw that held you back? Or you weren't downright strong enough to get the 600? Where did you fail?
    It was not form. I was strong enough, the weight was just too heavy Just short of lockout about an inch, two tops.

It's very interesting to me to hear you have a lockout problem as a raw lifter. You put up 800 in the shirt yet the lockout fails at 600 raw. Do you feel that's due to the your ability to use the speed of the shirt to lockout where you don't have that support raw?

sponsored by

Don't Flinch.
    Jersey Iron Gear!
    Tone on Facebook
    880/820/770/2415 Geared
    680/530/750/1960 Raw

I've been pounding my lockout lately. What I found I was doing was being soft in my lockouts on my accessory stuff. Instead I started snapping my arms to lockout much harder. Definitely harder on the elbows but my bench has slowly started to get back on track with the lockout issues.

Big props of setting a goal and keeping after it brother. Not time to quit, just gotta keep changing a little each time and improving.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Thanks guys. My training partner Brian emailed me a great article by Mike Tuchscherer about grinding. In it, he recommended working up to a 4-6 rep max instead of a DE day and making ME day consist of triples. The point is, one cannot learn to grind with maximum weight.

I am going to spend some time doing specialty exercises following the above prescribed reps. I'm also going to refine my sessions down to 3-4 exercises tops. Going to keep the movements to mostly larger barbell exercises. Just want to really focus in on a few things, do them hard, and do them well.

Sunday 10/14/12 - Sq/Dl

Seated SSB GM's x60
    Physio ball crunches x60
    SSB squat 155 5x10
    DL 135 3x10
    Cable curls 20 3x20

Just wanted to move after Saturday's meet. Did not want to get too lethargic. I was however, in no mood to train. I did all these sets basically consecutively. Basically conditioning work. I never really know what I'm doing with this day anymore anyway. My back has been tight as well. As long as I get something done, I'm ok with it.

Monday - Bench

Band warmup
    Floor press (elbows to 25 lb plates) 59/135/185/225/275/315/365/385x5 405x6
    Inverted rows (limited range) 2x25
    Bbl extensions 135 2x25

What a great session this was. Brian sent me an article from RTS written by Tuchscherer about grinding. It's like it was written for me. So, instead of DE I'll be doing reps to a max 4-6. 55-70% DE work is far from grinding. On ME it will be for 3's. This is to teach me to grind. With my strength curve I am not capable of grinding with 100%.

I am going to stick with floor presses because I don't have to get crazy warmed up to perform them. I'm just tired of all the work leading up to the work. I'm limiting my number of exercises and am going to kill the ones I do. Big exercises and that's it. 3-4 tops.

Tuesday 10/16/12

1/2 mile run, walk, run around the block. Not much, but a start. I constantly get this bug up my butt about running. When I was in my early 20's I got myself down to 180 lbs or so by running.

I always get disuaded about running becasue it could adversely effect my strength. Yeah, I don't care anymore. I want to run a little so I will run.

Wednesday 10/17/12

Crossfit inspired - not really. 25 tire flips and 20 jumps in and out of the tire untimed.

Friday 10/19/12 - Bench

Warmup
    Bench w/dbl mini bands 95/135/185/225/275/315/365/405/455/475x3
    Fat bar clean and press 165/225x1
    Log clean and press 100/190/240/280x1
    CSR 50 2x25
    Cable rev grip curls 30 2x25

Bench went well. After that I just wanted to do a little pressing. I was planning on doing a couples strongman event going on here in CT in December. It looks like fun and it's for a dog shelter. I mean, come on.

Anyway, I just wanted to play with a few of the lifts and get familiar with them. Jess and I were going to enter the novice division as neither of us have ever done a NAS event. Plus, there would be less chance of me getting hurt.

Anyway, when pulling the log in with 280 for the press I felt my already repaired bicep pop twice. Did not tear it, not sure what I did actually, but it's still sore. Long story short, no strongman competition for me. My body is really only capable of benching well nowadays and I guess I should really be happy for that.

Saturday 10/20/12

Standing band gm's 5x10
    McGill situps 5x10
    Squats 155 10x10
    Calf raises 5x10

My back is torqued! I'm sure it was from some of the odd pressing on Friday. The tire flips and jumps earlier in the week probably did not help matters much either. Luckily there's no discoloration in my bicep from that injury.

I need to focus on three things where training is concerned. I want to feel healthy, improve my bench, and condition without hurting myself. I should record this on an MP3 and play it over and over to myself all day long.

So squats were more weenie than ususal. I don't care. Kept the assistance rest intervals at 60 seconds. The squats were at 90. This will be the weekly protocol along with slight jumps each week. I'm just beyond caring. I will never do another strength contest of any manner other than benching again anyway. I need to stop kidding myself.

Not even another SOHP competition?

That's how I tore my ACL. I was training for my first strongman competition. After that I figured i'll stick with powerlifting, lol.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

Bench only queen baby!

Sunday

Treadmill 30 minutes hiit

Monday 10/20/12 - Upper

Floor press 95/135/185/225/275/315/365x5 405x6
    Barbell tri ext 135 5x10
    Inverted rows 4x10 1x15
    Dbl preacher curls 520 5x10

Kept form controlled on everything. Used a little tempo on the extensions rows, and curls as well.

Wednesday 10/24/12

Treadmill, 20 minutes LISS
    Cable pushdowns 20 5x10
    Bent over rear lat raises 10 5x10
    Preacher curls 20 5x10

Due to my back being screwed up, I can't really push conditioning, hence LISS on the treadmill. So after the treadmill I decided to do a little work to get some blood flowing. Figured I'd hit some small muscles that recover quickly with some light weight and slow tempo. I don't want it to screw up Friday's training. Plus, I have small arms, I wouldn't mind if they were a little bigger.

You try some heat on the back?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    You try some heat on the back?
    Don't know why I have not thought of that, thanks. It's actually starting to feel better now that I'm not being stupid. Benching and the treadmill are my friends. If I need to try something new, I can see if the wife will bring over a friend.