Page 121 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 3106

Thread: Vincent Dizenzo Training Log

Saturday 9/29

Underhand pulldowns 90 5x10
    Nuetral grip pullups 3x5
    Rops curls 40 5x10

The underhand pulldowns were pretty funny because I can hardly supinate. That's why I stopped going to McDonald's. When they'd go to hand me my change it would just roll down my slightly turned palm onto the ground.

Long story short, I was barely holding the bar in my fingertips. These won't be making the rotation.

Sunday

Superset
    BW lunges 7x10
    BW squats 7x10
    Landmines 25 7x10

Wow, I am crushing leg day! Supersets baby. A little leg work and a little conditioning all rolled up into one.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

OK, Lots of catching up to do. Here we go.

Monday 9/30

Dynamic warmup
    Speed towel bench 275/280/285/290x3, 275 4x3
    Moderate grip bench w/shoulder saver (I can't remember what I did as far as weight, but I did 1 set of 10 and then 1 set of 14)
    Nuetral grip front dbl raises 15/25/35x10

Holy balls this was not good. Like I posted the other day, I did more without the towel and with bands. It's odd, I like to feel progressively stronger with my speed work as I approach a meet. Perhaps with equipped I am going to feel progressively weaker on the movmement.

I am going to keep it in, but make a few other alterations. Check back and I'll tell you what they are when I figure them out.

TUESDAY-THURSDAY'S TRAINING

20 minute walks outside each day

Nutrition has been spot on, sleep has been good, the only thing missing was a little conditioning. So, fall is a nice time of year up here in the Northeast. I have been walking the rottie pup. Good times.

I also took off training on Tuesday and Wednesday. I am changing a few things up, but I'll report about them when they are all straightened out.

FRIDAY'S TRAINING 10/4/13

Bench 140x5, 230x5, 320x3, 410x2 added Metal Ace Bench shirt 500/590/680x1 (partials) 770 2x2, 770x1 (partials)
    Tempurpedic press pinky on ring 250/340/430/520/520x3
    Superset
    Pushdowns 50 3x15
    Single arm side laterals 25 3x15

I started with equipped bench this week to really focus on gettting the weight down. Well, I never touched. After the 2 sets of doubles with 770 I figure I'd try to pull together one single where I'd touch. No go.

We did the Tempurpedic press after that (Drew named it that, he's funny). We benched with two big pieces of foam. It was interesting. Hamster tried to kill me though. He couldn't get the foam under the bar. Just a note to any of you out there, if you do something wrong, don't say "My bad." Of course it's your bad, it's not like I did something wrong. This is all tongue in cheek however. At least it's tongue in cheek until a month out from a meet.

SATURDAY'S TRAINING 10/5

Superset:
    Single arm tbar row 50 5x10
    Fat bar pulldowns 100 5x10
    Band face pulls 5x10

Superset:
    Fat gripz barbell wrist curls 4x10
    Curl bar w/chains 4x10

Moved really quickly on this. Was getting inducted into the CT Powerlifting Hall of Fame. Yep, that's a real thing. I actually went in with Billy Mimnaugh and Donnie Thompson. It was a good time. I'll share pics and other stuff about it when I can.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

MONDAY'S TRAINING 10/7
    Dynamic warmup
    Speed bench 225/245/265/285/305/315/315/315x3
    Barbell tri ext 95 5x10
    Superset:
    Front dbl lat raises 25 2x10 1x15
    Dbl hammer curls 25 2x10 1x15

TUESDAY'S TRAINING 10/8
    20 minute walk with 40 lb weight vest
    20 minutes of frisbee with Buddha

FRIDAY'S TRAINING 10/11
    Fat bar floor press 120/160/210/250/300/340/390/430x3 480 2x2
    Spud Strap seated overhead tri ext 2 chains x20/25/25/30

This was my deload. We got a little heavy with weight. Brian and I talked earlier in the day, the problem with deloads are they can almost be a waste of time. We decided we'd work but not punish our CNS. This worked out great. By the way, the fat bar sucks with a false grip. Glad I'm still here to report back.

SATURDAY'S TRAINING 10/12
    Chest on incline bent over bbl rows 135 4x10, 1x15
    Dbl conc curls 25 4x10 1x15
    BW lunges 3x20
    TKE's 3x10

MONDAY'S TRAINING 10/14
    Physio ball dbl bench 50 3x20
    Rolling dbl tri ext 30 3x20
    Bent over dbl lateral raises 20 3x20

TUES-THURS TRAINING 10/15-10/18
    Tues 20 minute walk with 40 lb weight vest
    Wed 20 minute walk with 40 lb weight vest
    Thurs 2 20 minute walks sans weight vest

FRIDAY'S TRAINING 10/19
    Bench, worked up to 460x1 added 60 Metal Ace Bench Shirt 550 to 3 board, 650 to 2 board, 750 to 1 board (did not touch), 830 to chest (no touch), 880 to chest (no touch)
    1 arm pushdowns 30x25, 40x20
    Chain side laterals 3x15

SUNDAY'S TRAINING 10/21
    Superset:
    Single arm pulldowns 50 5x10
    BW squats 5x10
    Superset:
    Reverse curls w/chains 5x10
    Landmines 25 5x10

MONDAY'S TRAINING 10/22
    Blast strap warmup
    Bench 95/135x5, 185/225/275/315x1 Metal Ace Bench shirt (new size 62) 405x2, 455/495/545/605x1
    Superset:
    Dbl front laterals 20 2x20
    Spud strap pushdowns 20 2x20

Post workout:
    Iced pecs/shoulders
    Contrast shower
    Pain medication

This was probably not one of my better ideas. However, I have been laboring over the idea that I might not be able to touch anything less than 900 in my Metal Ace size 60. I don't want to be that guy. Plus, my body really wants to grow right now and I can't afford to gain a single pound.

I soaked down a new size 62 I had around. I got it on myself and proceeded to try and break it in. Luckily I have mono hooks on my rack. This made getting weight out doable. The problem is nothing is just right. I have a short rack because of the low ceiling in my basement. So there is a support across the back that does not allow my bench to get far enough under the hooks. So I kind of have to swing the weight into position to start.

Long story short, this was all very painful. Between getting the weight out and trying to break in the shirt (I used safety pins by the way) my shoulders and arms feel like they are going to explode. I iced yesterday and I'll need to ice more today. Also, thank goodness for pain medication. Fortunately I have a prescription for such occasions.

The shirt definitely broke in a bit. We'll see how much this Friday. In the meantime I have to do everything I can to recover to be ready to go at it again in a few days. I might even throw in an extra workout today. We'll see later. Just glad to be here.
    BW squats 5x10

FRIDAY'S TRAINING 10/25

Dynamic warm up
    Bench barx20, 140x5, 230x3, 320/410/500x1
    Add Metal Ace Bench Shirt 2.5 board 600x1, 2 board 650x1, 1.5 board 700x1, 1 board 750x1, .5 board 800x1, 855 (.5 inch from touch) x1, 855 (1.5 inch from touch) x1

Ok, so that's 18 total sets in my bench shirt since last Friday. I'm friggin' crushed. I nearly blew off both triceps tendons on my last set. I actually felt something going in my left arm (repaired biceps arm) and just pressed the last set without a call.

All that said, I found the right shirt. The new 62 Metal Ace stood up like a champ. It was only the second session in this shirt and I pressed more than I ever have before. Had I not taken so many sets I think I could have touched 855. I was just too spent to fight it in. That .5 inch should not be a problem.

Now I have my plan. I will take the same 90 lb jumps raw until 500. Then in the shirt I will take 650 to a 2 board, 750 to a one board, and 855 to the chest. However, in the meantime I must do nothing but recover if I want to get in the shirt again before the meet.

Right now I can't put much pressure on my arms. I am in a good amount of pain when I do things like pushing myself off the couch. My triceps tendons right by the elbow are toast. They are even sore to the touch. That actually makes me more comfortable. I tend to believe it's more like a bruise than a strain. For the next couple of days I will alternating frequently between heat and ice.

I need to recover so I can bench at the Learn To Train this weekend at the EliteFTS headquarters. Benching won't be until Sunday morning so that gives me an extra two days to get ready.

I feel confident I have the right shirt now. The most important thing I can do between now and the meet is not screw things up.

SATURDAY'S TRAINING 10/26

Band pushdowns 3x50
    Band vertical rows/pulldowns 3x25
    Band curls 3x20
    Band clean and press 3x15

Airdyne 20 minutes

Iced elbows 2x20 minutes
    Contrast shower

Recovery, recovery, recovery! My elbows and shoulders are toast. Just have to do everything possible to get back into the shirt next weekend at the LTT. After that I'll have two weeks until the meet. I won't need to get in the shirt again. That will be the perfect amount of time to heal up and SFW!

SUNDAY'S TRAINING 10/27

Airdyne 20 minutes
    Foam roll

Heated elbows 20 minutes

MONDAY-WEDNESDAY TRAINING

MONDAY
    Standing band flyes 4x20
    Band vertical rows/pdowns 4x20
    Band curls 3x20
    Band clean and press 3x15

TUESDAY
    20 minute walk outside

WEDNESDAY
    20 minute walk outside

My elbows are to the point where I feel I might be able to train this weekend. Man I would hate not to be able to train with the team.

Weight is fine. I'm not trying to blow up, but I'm not holding myself back etiher. Just trying to eat mostly clean foods and then if I want anything extra I have it. We don't keep crap food in the house so it helps.

Looking forward to the LTT this weekend. There will be learning, training, and fun to be had.

SATURDAY'S TRAINING 11/2

Dynamic warmup
    Bench-worked up to 500 raw and 855 shirted
    Band pushdowns x 100

Trained at the EliteFTS LTT7 Seminar. Good times and raised money for Make a Wish foundation.

Benched with Chad Aichs and had living legen Steve Goggins lift off for me. What's better than that.

Still didn't touch, but it's been a lot of weeks in a row in the shirt.

MONDAY-THURSDAY TRAINING

MONDAY
    Airdyne 20 minutes
    Bench, bar 5x20

TUESDAY
    20 minute walk outside

WEDNESDAY
    20 minute walk outside
    Light stretching

THURSDAY
    20 minute walk outside
    Landmines, bar 3x20
    Foam roll
    Contrast shower

I have been feeling lousy this week. My f'ing back is killing me. I think it's a combination of letting myself get too fat, the travel, and lack of core work.

I have been moving around but not enough. The lack of core work is probably a problem. Yes, I said core work. I know some people hate that term. Screw 'em!

I have taken 5 lbs of bloat off since the weekend. Just eating right and cutting the crap out. Joey Smith calls me the Oprah of powerlifting with my weight going up and down. Pretty funny if you ask me.

The goal right now is to keep my weight around 285 and do everything I can to feel my best for the meet next weekend. At least I'm heading in the right direction.

FRIDAY'S TRAINING 11/8

A really lame warm up
    20 minutes of weight fluffing

Yep, I'm a fluffer. I did some curls, some bent over rows and a bunch of other benign crap. A week to go until my meet. My goal is to stay as healthy as possible and not kill anyone. I'd settle for one out of two.

MONDAY'S TRAINING 11/11

Blast strap circuit 4x10
    Chest press
    Row
    Squat
    Tri ext
    Curl
    Rev lunge
    Scarecrow

I feel friggin fantastic! I can't believe it. I just keep doing the little things and I feel much better. In addition my weight is back under 290. That and I am really focusing on getting at least 7 straight hours of sleep a night, sometimes 8. I also have been napping when I feel I need it.

TUESDAY'S TRAINING 11/12

20 minute walk
    Foam roll upper and lower
    Hip stretch
    Shoulder stretch
    Bird Dogs
    Pronation/supination stretch with fat bar dbl

I am still feeling good. Just have to keep things up for my date with a 900 lb bench this weekend.

I have worked hard and feel prepared. That's about all one could ask for.

THURSDAY'S TRAINING 11/14

20 minute walk
    Blast Strap Circuit 3x10
    Push ups
    Pull ups
    Squats
    Tri ext
    Curls
    Rev lunges
    Scarecrows

Getting really excited to compete. I have to be honest, a few weeks ago I was more excited at the prospect of getting this meet over and starting my permanent trip down to the 242's and attempting to go 3 lift raw. However, I am starting to get amped. The plan has worked. I feel good. Going to ride the lightning and see what happens.

FRIDAY 11/14

I have been really psyched about feeling good this week. Coming into a meet can be a real struggle sometimes. I have been doing so much right.

That said, I had a revelation tonight. For the first time in a long time I'm not cutting weight. I am under 290 and could cut to 275 easily, but why bother. My goal is to go after 900 period.

How I feel really makes me question to what extent I'll ever cut again. Never say never, but damn I feel good not cutting.

MEET 11/16

Weighed 290. Opened 855, no touch. 900 on second. Touched and started driving it well and my foot came up. Was still getting a good push on one leg, but of course that's a no go. Was spent on the third attempt. Took 900 again and it only went up halfway. I have not even looked at the video yet. I'll get the vid up. Learned a lot. Time to sit back and evaluate my next move.

Weighed 290 even. I felt great. Warm ups went up like air. I think I took it for granted because I could not touch my 855 opener. I probably could have tucked harder, but like I said, weight felt light and took things for granted. It hovered and I just had them take it. I decided to go 900 on my second. It felt great in my hands. Took a little longer to touch than I would have liked. Finally touched and started to shoot up pretty well, then my foot slipped out. I was just spent on the third. It took a while to get that in also and then I could only push it about halfway.

My take away from this. God does not want me to drop to 242 and go full meet raw yet, if ever. That's why he yanked my right foot up on the first attempt at 900. Considering teammate Casey Williams went 2k raw at 242 over the weekend, that might be another message as well.

Seriously though, like I say in the video, hard work is never wasted. It was an awesome training cycle. I know I worked hard. I can't ask for anymore than that. It did not provide the results I wanted but it will contribute to them down the road. I just learn what I can and move forward. It's not like I would not have been training anyway.

The one thing I do not like is bombing. Chris Taylor was in my class/division (although full meet) and I at the very least need to compete. If I cannot get a reasonable opener to touch, then I need to open with a bigger shirt. I don't want to fall into the category of bench attempter.

So I think I will spend some more time going after a big equipped bench. Like my boy Brian Holloway said "What the hell else are you going to do?" Just need to evaluate a few things. Stay tuned.

Vin been keeping up with your training and such on FB, you know what to do, and you know you'll do it. You're too much of a beast. Can't wait to see what comes next. #SFW
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Vin been keeping up with your training and such on FB, you know what to do, and you know you'll do it. You're too much of a beast. Can't wait to see what comes next. #SFW
    Thanks so much, those words mean a lot to me. Time to just keep on truckin.

SUNDAY'S TRAINING 11.17.13

Foam roll upper and lower w/warm up

Deadlift w/straps 135/185/225/275/315/365/405/455x1
    Ab wheel rollouts 2x10
    Band pullaparts 2x10
    Wrist/biceps pronation/supination w/fat handle 2x10

Iced pecs/shoulders and elbows
    Contrast shower

God hates a coward and I hate time off from training. This was not one of my better ideas, but it told me a lot. I am terribly weak from a lack of core and posterior chain work.

The only reason I was deadlifting anyway is because I am doing a NAS couples strongman event in December. It's for an animal shelter so Jess and I couldn't resist. One of the events is a deadlift with straps. I haven't conventionally deadlifted since I ruptured my left bicep. That's a good 7 years ago I think.

The good thing is I'm not only weak, my form blows. Hopefully I can bring both up a little before the contest. I had more in me, but the day after a meet might not be the best day to push it.

The pullaparts and bicep work is for some nagging injuries. I figure it's time to fix some stuff while I ponder my next step.

MONDAY'S TRAINING 11.18.13

Foam roll and stretch

Close grip incline with EliteFTS shoulder saver 95/135/185/225/275x10
    Single arm prone dbl tri ext 25 3x15
    Single arm bent over dbl row 25/35/35/55x15
    Dbl preacher curl off foam roller 15 2x15

Contrast shower

I am going to be taking a break from speed work on my 2nd upper body day. Going to do some rep work and perhaps force a little hypertrophy. This way I won't be attacking my CNS either like I do during dynamic effort.

That said, I couldn't push it too hard. I could have gone higher, but my body was feeling the meet from less than two days prior. The compression from the 900 in the shirt really took a toll on my arms. They felt like they were going to explode. Not like pumped explode either. Like severe pain something could be injured.

So, I just got the work in that I could this week. I'm still torn whether I'll be pushing just a few exercises this day or whether I'll just jump into a bunch. I guess you'll just have to check back and see.

TUESDAY'S TRAINING 11/18/13

20 minute walk w/20 lb weight vest

Metabolic Conditioning Circuit 3x10 using 10 lb plate
    Wood chops
    Plate swings
    Goblet squats

Yep, I said it, metabolic conditioning. That's what it is. It's not like I'm trying to get all fancy. I just want to do work and get in better shape and these will help me get there.

Killing two birds with one stone actually Conditioning and working on weak spots. As I have stated I have let me core and posterior chain get weak. I was able to hit those areas. In addition, the goblet squats help with hip flexibility which has become an issue for me.

If anyone is offended by my use of "metcon" I can just call them breathing heavy circuits.

WEDNESDAY'S TRAINING 11/20/13

Foam roll and stretch

Speed deadlifts trap bar lower handle w/short mini bands 275 8x1 30 sec rest intervals
    McGill situps 2x10

This is all I had time for as I had plans to go out. Then I realized, if I am going to continue to focus on bench for a while then this is enough anyway.

The plan is to wave 45-50-55% w/accommodating resistance over 3 weeks. After the three weeks I am simply going to add 5 lbs. That weight will not seem like a big difference, but I'll be dropping bodyweight. So if I can drop some weight and continue to work up, I'll be on the right track.

Speaking of dropping weight, I cheated on my diet tonight. I ate an extra piece of chicken breast. Is that really cheating? As I sit here typing I'm eating these frozen fudgy type protein snacks I made. Man, I am becoming one of those shameful dieters again. Joey Smith called me the Oprah of powerlifting with my weight gain and loss. I guess it's better than being the Chris Farley.

THURSDAY'S TRAINING 11/21/13
    20 minute walk w/20 lb weight vest

Airdyne tabata, 4 minutes

I was trucking along on the airdyne the first two 20 second work intervals and damn, it got hard in a hurry. I backed off a few seconds on the third round, but felt like a coward.

I quickly recalled a life changing talk I had with Harry Selkow at the LTT7 seminar, my hero by the way. The man is a rock at 55. I asked him for some tips. The best one was, "Condition like you train your bench." Holy Sh!t did that resonate. By the way, Harry and I have since discussed this and when I said "Condition like I bench" he thought it was brilliant and said he was going to steal it. I had to remind him, it was his idea.

Conditioning is something I have not taken seriously since I left sports. And then, I was only doing it because I was forced. It's like Wendler told me one time. "People who do burpees never played football." After the billionth updown, you'd never want to do a f'ing burpee. That said, the priority in my life right now is getting down under 275 and being in better condition. That won't happen by slacking. So I busted my sorry a$$ through the rest of my airdyne tabata like a champ.

FRIDAY'S TRAINING 11/22/13

Foam roll
    Blast strap warm up circuit

Swiss Rev Grip press bar (used a regular grip) worked up to 495 2x1
    Swiss Rev Grip press bar (used a regular grip) partials 315/405x6, 455x4
    Dips 2x10
    Side, front, and pronated dbl raises 20 3x10

I really liked the EliteFTS Swiss Reverse Grip, Press Bar. I really wanted something different to press with. This was a great choice. I shot some video and I think I'll give it a review so be on the lookout for that.

I do know the bar is on a big sale right now. Not trying to pimp it, but it is worthy and you won't find it at this price often.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 11-26-2013 at 10:27 PM.

metcons and tabatas!

I was wondering, you usually pull the trap bar because of your bicep right? Are you worried if you do go full meet about having to pull normally?
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...NNKKKIINNNSSSS
    Just a lil guy trying to be fit.
    Best competition lifts:
    at 165: 630 sq, 480 bench, 501 dl

Current:
    Weight 145, using ConjugateWod training methods to develop Crossfit-applicable strength with extra work for learning movements and conditioning.

Quote Originally Posted by ljosaitis View Post
    metcons and tabatas!

I was wondering, you usually pull the trap bar because of your bicep right? Are you worried if you do go full meet about having to pull normally?
    Scary stuff huh. Just finding new ways to challenge myself. At 44 I will need to transition from chasing numbers to just enjoying myself, staying in the game, and passing what I know on to others.

Regarding pulling, I will have to learn a hook grip. "If" I can make it back to full meets, it will not be for some time and the expectations I will put on myself will be very reasonable.

SATURDAY'S TRAINING

Hill sprints x 5

These were actually on a whim. I was driving home from the CT Special Olympics Powerlifting Meet. My training partners and I have been judging for years now. I tell everyone, it's the best meet of the year. I have yet to find a powerlifter that does not agree with me. If you lift and you don't go check one of these out, you really are missing out. So get out and support some very special strength athletes.

So like I said, I was driving home and I knew Jessica and I had plans to go out that evening. That left me enough time to get home, shower, eat, and go. I knew once I got into the house exercise was not happening. So I spotted a good hill on the way home, got out of the car, walked down, and started running.

That first sprint felt great, I figured I was good for solid ten. The second hit me quick and hard, then I decided 5 was good for my initial foray. I was huffing and puffing but pushed through the five. I hope to add an extra sprint each time I go for a while. The only thing I need to do next time is stretch my calves first. Oh boy, the little cows are angry with me.

SUNDAY'S TRAINING

Foam roll

Dynamic box squat w/ssb 250 w/dbl mini bands 12x2
    Ab wheel rollouts 2x10
    Dbl curls 15 2x10

Squats did not feel good at all. I'm not sure whether it was the compression from the box or the added tension from the bands, but my back did not feel good from the first rep.

I am going to squat to the pins instead of the box next week. I feel this will help with some of the compression issues. I like to have something stop me in the hole for speed work.

I like to eliminate only one thing at a time. Otherwise you never know what really made the difference. If my back still feels jacked up, I'll take the bands off the following week.

Ah ha, reading this over I noticed, I did not perform a dynamic war up. I must rectify this as well.

If you can't find a good rock to stretch the baby cows on, drop one off at the hill. I did that at the hill I run at and surprisingly it's still there so it's easy to get a good stretch on before and after.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

MONNDAY'S TRAINING 11/25

Foam roll
    Blast strap circuit warmup.

Legs up rev bench w/Swiss rev grip press bar 135/225/275x10
    Legs up JM/ext w/Swiss rev grip press bar 135/185/225x10
    Bent over row w/Swiss rev grip press bar 95/135/185/225x10
    Curls w/Swiss rev grip press bar 55/75/85x10

Swiss Reverse Grip Press Bar nirvana. Video review.

I was a little sore, but wanted to work. That's why I only did one work set and even those were in the 7-8 RPE range. It's alos why I did my work with my legs up. Trying to reduce some stressors and stave off a deload. I just want to do work.

TUESDAY'S TRAINING 11/25/13

Airdyne, 4 minutes tabata

Felt like I was having an asthma attack for about 10 minutes after I finished this. Pushing hard, but have a long way to go conditioning wise.

WEDNESDAY'S TRAINING 11/26/13

Blast strap circuit warm up

Log clean and press 140 5x1, 200 5x1
    Farmers carry 225 each hand 50' x 4
    Husafel carry 200 100'x2
    Atlas stone 155 3x1, 185 3x1

Did this training at Matt Mill's place, Lightning Fitness in S Windsor, CT. The place is awesome too. Everything you need to be a bad a$$ gym and the place is clean. I love that. Hardcore gyms DO NOT have to be dirty people. Plus I don't think I have ever seen as much quality ElifeFTS equipment in one place other than at the compound.

Alright, onto the training. Jess and I took advantage of our half day at work and took the hour drive to do so some strongman training. Jess and I are doing a couples event on 12/14 at Lightning Fitness, it's a charity event for a dog shelter. We could not pass it up.

The only strongman I have actually competed in were these non-traditional bar lift contests. Basically not the NAS events we are all used to seeing. So I am taking advantage of that and competing in the novice class. Anything to reduce the risk of injury. Just for fun remember.

We had an excellent coach in Matt LaCroix. I am not easily coachable due to my inflexibility and injuries. Jess was an animal though. She kept getting better with each rep on each event. I figured out how to lift things with the least risk of injury.

This served it's purpose. If I were not able to train the events again until the contest I feel comfortable knowing I can do them. If I can get a few days on them, I'm sure I can improve my form instead of just using brute strength.

Jess caught this pic while training. Nothing but a blur people. Maybe that's because I was carrying the ladies Husafell.

http://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/...zo/HSStone.jpg
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 11-30-2013 at 11:57 PM.

THURSDAY'S TRAINING 11/28/13

I didn't do crap

I was spent from strongman training so I gave myself the day off. I couldn't remember what I did so I asked Jess. She reminded me. She came up from our basement gym and asked if I wanted the heater left on and I laughed at her. Yeah, now I remember.

I am a complete food addict. I started powerlifting as an adult at 200 lbs. I ate myself to almost 330, I'll forever feel like a quitter for missing that mark. Anyway, I think my biggest gain on Thanksgiving was either 12-13 lbs. Now, that was without a cut. I spent that night laying over an ottoman in pain for a few hours.

This year I had a plan. I drank nothing but protein shakes until mealtime. Once it was time to eat I enjoyed all I wanted the rest of the evening. The only rule was to stop when I felt full. I know, it's pretty common sense, however, that often eludes me. So, this year's gain was down to a slight 2.5 lbs. That's progress.

Damn Vin, that is huge progress man. In light of 3 Thanksgiving dinners, I think I'm only up 4 pounds, but I didn't partake in one of those dinners knowing it was time to really get back on track and stop prolonging the bloatfest.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Damn Vin, that is huge progress man. In light of 3 Thanksgiving dinners, I think I'm only up 4 pounds, but I didn't partake in one of those dinners knowing it was time to really get back on track and stop prolonging the bloatfest.
    Thanks. It's a constant battle. Yeah, stemming the tide is hard to do.

FRIDAY'S TRAINING 11/29/13

Close grip bench w/Metal Catapult 140/230/320/410/500/550x3, 590/610/620/630/630/640x1
    Superset x 3
    Fat grip single arm pushdowns 50x15
    Front raises 25x10
    Single arm dbl curls 20x10

Got a ton of work on the main lift. I have to say, I really like the Metal Catapult. It mimics the pressure of wearing a shirt much more than the Slingshot in my opinion. Hey, I love the Slanger and all due respect to Mark Bell. The other cool thing is I am able to get the Catapult on by myself. Anyway, I want to make sure I am doing lots of sets within the 90% and up range. I might have had one more set in me, but Brian shut me down. Thank goodness for Brian.

With the strongman on the horizon I kept the assistance to a minimum. The single arm dbl curls are Dave Tate's idea. He told me to do them 3 times a week. The key is to leave the non lifting arm supinated as much as possible in the bottom while holding the weight, while you go through the curls with the other arm. The working arm keeps the weight supinated as much as possible throughout the entire motion. This is supposed to help out with my bicep/shoulder problems. I was told by many to work on flexibility, but Dave thinks that will hinder my benching. I just have to keep myself as functional as I need to be. It's been working so far.

SATURDAY'S TRAINING

Did some yardwork and that was all I had in me.

SUNDAY'S TRAINING

Deadlift w/short mini band 135/185/225x1, 275 8x1 removed bands 315/365/415/465x1
    McGill Situps 2x10
    Single arm dbl curls 20 3x10

There is a dl portion to the strongman I am doing in a few weeks. So I had to work it a little. I did some speed work first and just went double overhand. After the speed pulls I took off the bands and started to work up. I used straps which the contest allows.

Uh boy, my back does not like conventional deadlifts. This really makes me wonder if I will ever be able to or even want to try and do full meets again. I need this kick in the butt every couple of years.

Maybe the reason I have been able to hang around this sport as long as I have is because I hurt my back and just stuck with bench. Most importantly I have to stay healthy and have fun. Being in agony is not a fun way to go through the day.

MONNDAY'S TRAINING 12/2/13

One arm dbl rows 40/50/60/70/80/90x10
    Pullups close/neutral/wide x5
    Swiss Rev grip bar curls 55/65/75/65/55x10

My program is just what I feel like I need to get in right now. I'll be doing this up until the strongman. I don't know what will and won't hurt from day to day so creating a plan is a waste of time.

But what do I do? I train. Why do I train? What the heck else would I do. I love it.