The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 15 of 125 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    You're still the man, Vincent. Seeing you move those weights the way you did, I have no doubt that once you get the technical (shirt) issues out of the way, you will hit something huge.

TJW
    Just a speed bump on your journey man. I can't wait to see what number you hit.

-Rob

I was sorry to hear you bombed Vinnie

On the plus side, my Dad (bald guy in the front row, with the blonde lady) said you were the thickest person he'd ever seen hahaha

Sorry to hear that Vin...happens..work out what ya did wrong and get back in there and try again. You are making the changes...thats the key.

Gaining 12 pounds would make it very hard to work gear. That is the most frustrating thing to me as well. You want to come in heavy to feel strong, but if you overshoot a little bit, it can affect the fit. As you know, a little off and you are screwed.

Heal up, lose a bit of weight, and hit another meet man. Like you said you are too strong right now to not take advantage of it.
    Sponsored by:
    OverKill Strength Equipment
    APT ProWristStraps

Success is usually achieved by always doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability." John Wooden

Thanks everyone. Paul, I am going to make sure and touch something almost every week. I am chomping at the bit to train right now. However I am holding myself back. I have been walking everyday. Today I may add in the sled. Sunday I get to squat. I can't wait. I hate not training with weights. Wrist is on the mend. I'll be back!

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

2'14

Alright I'm back. My right shoulder and wrist are both tweaked. I will try to see someone this week, but I'm training either way. I lost two pounds this week just by making some better food choices and walking everyday. One more week and I add the weight vest in. I'll start gpp work tomorrow.

Squat Day
    SSB squat 290,335,380x5
    Ultra whey Dave Tate single arm chain curls 1 chain 3 sets of 10 alternating each arm with no rest
    Crunches 1x30

This was a good workout back. Squatting felt great. Tomorrow I get to see Rhodes squat. I am very psyched about that.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    This was a good workout back. Squatting felt great. Tomorrow I get to see Rhodes squat. I am very psyched about that.
    Anytime you get to see Rhodes in a tight squat suit is a good day.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Vincent, you ever tried adding in an extra dose of ETS? I've done it before when I screwed something up and it seemed to help recovery

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

professional psychopath
    Don't forget to watch those steps ;P Good seeing you today!
    Clearly, daddy didn't beat you enough as a child. If you were in front of us you'd show respect, so don't be an internet punk. - Matt Rhodes

Vin, Sorry to hear about the meet. Although I've never experienced a power lifting meet, I know how frustrating it is to miss a lift at the gym. I can only imagine how you feel. Don't let it get you down. I really enjoy reading your journal, keep up the hard work, and just remember, you are an inspiration to many.
    5'8" 177 (meet PRs) ALL RAW

Bench - 290 (291) Pause reps Dead - 500 (479.5) Squat - 446 (430)

Total - 1236 (1168.4)

Goals: Bench - 280 met 1/19/09 new goal - 300 Squat - 435 met 11/28/09 new goal 475 Dead - 500 met 1/23/10 new goal 525

The Quest

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    Vincent, you ever tried adding in an extra dose of ETS? I've done it before when I screwed something up and it seemed to help recovery

Duh, I have been off all supps this week. I am so friggin dim sometimes. Thanks for the advice Trav. I'm back on supps now and will add in an extra dose of ETS.

2/16

-GPP 100lbs farmers carry 150' with one turn--Damn I am out of shape
    -20 minute walk outside

The walks are getting much easier. Starting to feel pretty good. I'm looking forward to gpp three days a week. I can tell from the farmers that my gpp is lacking right now.

Vinnie you should see me walking 4 flights of stairs at school. I haven't seen 308 in a looooong time, haha.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

2/17

20 minute walk outside
    Trap bar dl 270/290/315 x5
    T bar row 150 3x6
    Underhand pulldowns 70x20

My lower back was super tight today. I think it was from yesterday's farmers walk. My wrists and and shoulder are feeling well. I can't wait to bench on Friday. I am trying a new plan.

2/18

5 minutes on inversion table
    20 minutes on treadmill

Back is feeling better. Walking, contrast showers. and the inversion table are my friends. Rhodes is not!

2/19

20 Minute walk outside

Can't wait to bench in the new gym tomorrow.

Vinny you're a ****in' beast man

Respect

Thanks OGROK, I appreciate that.

Damn, I am not feeling well today. Asthma was bothering me partly because I forgot my meds yesterday. I used a new inhaler earlier this morning and my breathing was pretty shallow. Stomach was feeling off and I was achy. Got to work and took some Excedrin and drank a diet soda to get through the morning. Felt even worse after that. Went to see the nurse and my BP was 150/80 usually 118/68 and resting pulse was 80 which is a little high. I think the Excedrin, inhaler, and caffeine did not help the old BP. I am very sensitive to chemicals.

I am feeling a little better now. Damn, I really want to bench. I'm hoping for the best. Hopefully I can update my log with some real training from tonight.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 02-20-2009 at 12:19 PM.

Benching when sick sucks big time

That said, I'm the last person to ever give advice concerning training while sick LOL. Even though I know it's going to wreck me for days, I always seem to end up benching. Benefits of being a bench only lifter I guess. I don't seem to mind taking off squat days. Seems like everyone is getting sick

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

2/20

Tried working up in looser shirts full range. Do not think it helped. Used my normal shirt to go 750x1 to a 1 board then to the chest with 825--no touch. I was so mad. Adjusted the shirt and went 825x1. Next week it will be 550 to a 2 board, 650 to a 1 board and 750 to a 1/2 board.

Trav you were right in your pm critique on some of my benches I was not tucking enough. I just have to remember to tuck and try to push straight up then flair. When I tuck I sometimes throw the weight back which does not work for me. Anyway training at Elite next weekend. I'm psyched. I am going to keep working 825 to the chest until it feels perfect. My wrists and shoulder felt a little tweaked, but no real pain today.

The new gym is cool. However, we need chairs. It was a weird vibe with us all staning around. Plus we did not have the usal tunes. We'll get it straightened out.

Finished my workout with 3 sets of 5 tire flips just because it was there.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 02-21-2009 at 09:40 AM.

Glad you're feelin better man. I'll probably be able to make it to Elite next weekend. I'll probably just do some raw work, but that usually makes it easier for me to give handouts and spots that way.

TJW
    Nice work, especially considering you aren't feeling 100%! Out of curiosity, what is the most weight you have touched to your chest? I couldn't find it in your journal. Hope the wrist is finally feeling better too.

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gatorman2k6 View Post
    Nice work, especially considering you aren't feeling 100%! Out of curiosity, what is the most weight you have touched to your chest? I couldn't find it in your journal. Hope the wrist is finally feeling better too.

-Rob
    825. Now I plan to touch everytime I am in the shirt

TJW
    Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    825. Now I plan to touch everytime I am in the shirt
    I thought it was right around what you just hit. Nice work! I'm still trying to follow your mentality from your road to 600 raw where you went into the gym not wanting to miss a single weight. I am know thinking a lot smarter and am more dedicated to not miss a weight. Keep up the good work.

-Rob

How is the weight loss going?
    "You shall invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and debate with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the guided ones."- Quran 16:25

"A life unexamined is not worth living"- Socrates