Page 21 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Vincent Dizenzo Training Log

professional psychopath
    Quote Originally Posted by karstendd View Post
    **** it! I'm going on the hawt-cenzo bench plan.

hahaha
    Clearly, daddy didn't beat you enough as a child. If you were in front of us you'd show respect, so don't be an internet punk. - Matt Rhodes

Last night a friend of mine, a guy who I used to train with came by with his wife and we had an eating orgy. We cooked 6 lobsters, 8 huge filets, 8 twice baked potatoes, spinach, corn, and Oreo cheesecake for desert. My total was 3 filets, 2 whole lobsters and another tail, 2 twice baked potatoes, a couple of servings of corn and spinach, and 2 huge slices of Oreo cheesecake. It's a good thing Rob and I don't get together often because he put away what I did. We really enjoy eating together.

Oh yeah, no training yesterday or today. Trying to give me low back a little rest. It's still not 100%. I am putting the whole plan back together tomorrow so I figured it would be one last weekend to slack.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

4/27

Ate well today

20 minute walk outside-it was hot as balls

Farmers walk 100lbs each hand, one trip around the house

IT STARTS TODAY!

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

4/28

Have eaten well so far today

DE Bench

-35 mini band crossovers and 5 minutes on the treadmill to warm up
    -Speed bench varying grips with doubled mini's + 105 3x3 + 145 3x3, + 195 3x3
    -JM Presses 145x5, 195x5, 235x5, 285x5
    -Seated overhead press 145x5, 235x5, 325x5
    -TBar rows 45x10, 90x10, 135 3x10
    -One arm cable curls 20 x 6 superset with one arm cable pushdowns 20 x 8 for 4 sets

This is my third week of speed bench and it is not hurting as much. I am pretty much treating each set as 3 singles. I am concentrating on the lock as that is the weak point in my bench. I waved straight weight, then to chains, then bands. Next week it's back to straight weight and I'll increase it. I am going to be patient with this journey. I had a great workout. I added some old Van Halen and Aerosmith to my Ipod and had a blast.

My Mom had a PET Scan for cancer, and she came back all clear. She remains cancer free for about a year and a half now. As the amazing John Bernor often says "Praise God."

TJW
    Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    My Mom had a PET Scan for cancer, and she came back all clear. She remains cancer free for about a year and a half now. As the amazing John Bernor often says "Praise God."
    That's great news about your mom. Not that I know the background of it or anything, but I know what that's like. My mom just had her 5 year check-up after having breast cancer and it is all gone and hasn't come back. They say the first 5 years are the most serious for it to come back so that was great news for us. Keep training hard and I'm glad things are going well.

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gatorman2k6 View Post
    That's great news about your mom. Not that I know the background of it or anything, but I know what that's like. My mom just had her 5 year check-up after having breast cancer and it is all gone and hasn't come back. They say the first 5 years are the most serious for it to come back so that was great news for us. Keep training hard and I'm glad things are going well.

-Rob
    I don't know if it's different for different cancers, but I was told 5 years is considered cured. Congrats to your Mom no matter what it's called that's awesome.

TJW
    I don't know if it's different for different cancers, but I was told 5 years is considered cured. Congrats to your Mom no matter what it's called that's awesome.
    Yeah, you are right about it being cured, I just wasn't sure. Thanks and I hope the same for yours.

4/29

Upper body recovery/gpp

Sled drag, 25lbs on grass-75' trips, 2 chest press, 2 tri ext, 2 curls, 2 rows, 2 face pulls

*Ate well 3rd day in a row

Hey Vin, that's great news about your mom. Praise God is right.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

4/30

GPP

20 Tire flips

Ate well again today.

Very strong lifts sir, I like your eating plan! and I see you implement some strong man training in your routine, I personally feel strongman implements have good carry over plus it helps conditioning and is more effective then boring standard treadmill cardio. Keep up consistency! and looking forward to more awesome videos!

On a Side note,I lost both my grandparents to cancer, glad your mom's check up went over well, its a horrible thing to have to deal with, especially when it comes back.

- Newcomer Tony

Quote Originally Posted by BodyByGamma View Post
    Very strong lifts sir, I like your eating plan! and I see you implement some strong man training in your routine, I personally feel strongman implements have good carry over plus it helps conditioning and is more effective then boring standard treadmill cardio. Keep up consistency! and looking forward to more awesome videos!

On a Side note,I lost both my grandparents to cancer, glad your mom's check up went over well, its a horrible thing to have to deal with, especially when it comes back.

- Newcomer Tony
    Thanks Tony. Glad you found your way here.

Vinny,

Thats great news about your Mom!

I'm coming to the seminar next week. I was trying to get an idea of how much benching we will be doing that day, and how it will be laid out? I am more concerned with my shirted bench.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ehubbard View Post
    Vinny,

Thats great news about your Mom!

I'm coming to the seminar next week. I was trying to get an idea of how much benching we will be doing that day, and how it will be laid out? I am more concerned with my shirted bench.

Thanks!
    Can't wait to see you there.

We will spend as much time as is necessary. The last seminar was about 3 hours of direct hands on lifting.

We will have about an hour or so of a presentation followed by a Q&A. Probably have a short break then get into the actual training.

Thanks.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 05-01-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Your GPP seems to be comming up as well Vin. Good work!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    Your GPP seems to be comming up as well Vin. Good work!
    It is thanks. I'm on the couch right now not wanting to hit gpp right now.

5/1

ME Bench

-Reverse band bench 225x5, 275x2, 315x2, 365x2, 405x2 455x2, 495x2, 545x1, 585x1, 615x1
    -Equipped Bench in Inzer SDP 585x1 to 3 board, 675x1 to 2 board
    -4 board press close grip 405x5, 445x2, 495x2, 545x2, 585x1--miss on second rep
    -Pulldowns to belly 90x10, 100x10, 110x10, 120x10, 130x10
    -Log curls 3x10

I did not want to train tonight. I almost never feel like that on a Friday. I really hated the reverse band presses out of the rack. The bench was high and narrow. I felt like I was sliding off it every rep. I can hit close to the same weight without the bands on a regular bench. Anway, I finished strong. I definitely had more than the 615, but I am still in the early stages of my training so I want to leave some in the tank.

I put on a new shirt today to break it in a little. I lifted my head to get weight in. I think I like it. Was going to go heavier but we had a skeleton crew tonight. Rhodes had to lift off and then hold the board on my chest because we only had DD and Drew there for sides. There were only 4 of us in the entire gym. So I just got a little work in it.

Took a contrast shower, I really needed it.

I ate well today, that's 5 days in a row.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 05-02-2009 at 02:52 PM.

5/2

I AM SORE AS SH1T TODAY!

GPP 50 medicine ball tosses

20 minute walk outside

Ate well today

Good news for my wife. She won teacher of the year for our school and she also just won a body transformation contest. It was held by the gym franchise Rhodes works for. It was very cool of him to let her know. She won a cash prize. She is kicking ass this week! I'm really proud of her.

We planned earlier to have a cheat meal of slice and bake cookies and ice cream tonight. However, we were so inspired at the awards ceremony that we both decided to settle for one of those pudding snack packs.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 05-03-2009 at 01:48 PM.

5/1

I AM SORE AS SH1T TODAY!

GPP 50 medicine ball tosses

Ate well today

Good news for my wife. She won teacher of the year for our school and she also just won a body transformation contest. It was held by the gym franchise Rhodes works for. It was very cool of him to let her know. She won a cash prize. She is kicking ass this week! I'm really proud of her.

We planned earlier to have a cheat meal of slice and bake cookies and ice cream tonight. However, we were so inspired at the awards ceremony that we both decided to settle for one of those pudding snack packs.
    You can't go wrong with a snack pack. Great job by Jess, congrats to her.
    Roll Tide.

Congratulations to Jess. She rocks.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

professional psychopath
    Awesome to hear. Congrats to Jess!
    Clearly, daddy didn't beat you enough as a child. If you were in front of us you'd show respect, so don't be an internet punk. - Matt Rhodes

Thanks guys.

5/3

Core Day

-SSB raw to box 65x5, 155x5, 245x5, 270x5, 290x5, 315x5
    -Super set crunches x10 and band gm's x10 3 sets

Took today light, just did deload numbers. This was my first core day in a while. I was coming off a few meets and then hurt my back. I bagged the deadlfts for today. Trying to be safe. My back only tweeked twice. I am certain it was because I did not start ass back.

I'll save deadlifts until Wednesday. It won't effect my ME bench because I won't be training that until Saturday at the seminar. Plus I will be using that as a deload day.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 05-03-2009 at 02:08 PM.

5/4

For those of you who followed my consistency post in the pl section, I made a week's worth of X's--7! That was my first goal. Now I would like to make it to 30.

Good work Vin!

I've been eating very well also as well as throwing some light cardio in post workout. I feel much more recovered when I do this

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym