The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 22 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
    ya gotta make it to 10 first lol

Nice work with the eating and training! Weird how the rev band thing didnt work for you. Prolly the bench set up. I dont exactly like doing the rev bands in the rack, cause I bench with my feet out and I cant get my feet as wide in the rack as I need to(i hit the rack bottom), but all the ohter benefits outweigh that I guess..
    Sponsored by:
    OverKill Strength Equipment
    APT ProWristStraps

Success is usually achieved by always doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability." John Wooden

5/4

8 X's

30 minute walk outside
    25 vertical jumps

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

STRENGTH FROM ABOVE
    PRAISE GOD,,that is awesome news about your mom. Looking forward to seein you soon and i will keep your family in my prayers..GOD BLESS

in HIS grip forever
    john
    Jeremiah 20:9
    But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.

Sponsored by INZER

Everything looks good vinny.. Especially the diet and cardio.. I need more of that
    2000 or bust

Quote Originally Posted by john bernor View Post
    PRAISE GOD,,that is awesome news about your mom. Looking forward to seein you soon and i will keep your family in my prayers..GOD BLESS

in HIS grip forever
    john
    Thank you brother. Hope to see you Saturday.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 05-05-2009 at 06:22 PM.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Stumprrp View Post
    Everything looks good vinny.. Especially the diet and cardio.. I need more of that
    Yeah, it sucks. I don't know whether I am recuperating faster or just beating myself up more. I'm just going with it for a good 4 months. The true proof will be in the results.

5/5

9 X's

DE Upper/Recuperation

Super set x 3 of the following:
    Flat dumbell rolling tri ext 50lbs x 10
    Flat dumbell chest presses 50lbs x 10
    Seated dumbell shoulder presses 50lbs x 10
    Bent dumbell rows 50lbs x 10
    Cable concentration curls 11lbs x 10 (crappy pulley system, weight feels heavier)

OK, many reasons for the weenie workout. Firstly, I am incredibly sore. I planned on going 4 weeks before a deload (grrrrr, I hate that word). Well, benching twice a week has taken its toll on me. My pecs are fried. So I am training instinctively, which is what I did before I ever heard of deload. I treated today as a recuperation day.

Secondly, Karsten aka DD aka The Project came over today to do some work on my lawn tractor. Well he only ended up changing the spark plug. I think it was a nice excuse for a man date. We ended up breaking bread together. We have now done this a few times in a few weeks. As if that was not enough, I showed him the inner sanctum of Casa de Dizenzo. People are definitely going to start to talk.

Big props on the consistency bra, nearly a third of the way!

Sucks to deload, but cool to know you don't plan on frying yourself haha

Thanks Risk.

5/6

10 X's

GPP
    21 Tire flips

Congrats on you 10 X's! looking forward to your seminar this Saturday

Congrats on the 10x's! Im going to resist the urge to ask about your little man date lol

professional psychopath
    Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    secondly, karsten aka dd aka the project came over today to do some work on my lawn tractor. Well he only ended up changing the spark plug. I think it was a nice excuse for a man date. We ended up breaking bread together. We have now done this a few times in a few weeks. As if that was not enough, i showed him the inner sanctum of casa de dizenzo. People are definitely going to start to talk.
    ahahahahahahaha
    Clearly, daddy didn't beat you enough as a child. If you were in front of us you'd show respect, so don't be an internet punk. - Matt Rhodes

11 X's

For the first time in a while I felt tight this morning. My wife even mentioned it to me. I am definitely on the right track. I'm definitely tired. I want to take a day off from exercise. However, I know that is just an excuse. I have not been sleeping nearly enough. I am going to hit the treadmill today and go to bed early. I'm curious how I'll feel tomorrow.

Grats on the 10, and 11 bra! You taping the seminar by anychance?

Quote Originally Posted by Risk10k View Post
    Grats on the 10, and 11 bra! You taping the seminar by anychance?
    Thanks. Sorry, will not be taping the seminar. I'd like to put a dvd together in the future. However, I am just focused on my lifting right now.

5/8 12X's

20 minutes on the treadmill.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 05-08-2009 at 05:21 AM.

Everyone at work brought food in for breakfast. I had two pieces of quiche, a bagel with cream cheese, and a chocolate chip muffin. I feel like I cheated. I wanted to eat a dozen donuts, but I decided that would be the beginning of the end. I also wanted to eat 2 or 3 more bagels. I'm glad I didn't. 20 minutes later I feel uncomfortable from those carbs.

5/9 13 X's

Went to do gpp with my wife today. We have a tiny little 115 lb stone. I lifted it once and I thought I was going to tear a bicep. The stone is so small I can't grip it with my forearms. She did it 10 ten times. She would not let me do it again after I grabbed my bicep. This is just another example of the body getting old on me. Anway, I went and grabbe the farmers handles instead.

Farmers Walk 100 lbs each hand around the house. One day I'll have to measure the distance.

Looking forward to tomorrow's seminar. I hope to see some of you there.

Good luck on the seminar. Don't rip the bicep again. Anyway atlarge or someone would film some of it? Guess I would also be asking for something others are paying for though.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

Wish I could come tomorrow Vin! Sucks about the bicep, good job getting some farmers walk done.

Hey it was awesome meeting you, matt, and kenny! GREAT SEMINAR !

board press vid

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWRRrgKBwl4

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pWRRrgKBwl4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pWRRrgKBwl4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 05-09-2009 at 09:18 PM.

Man Vin, doesn't look like that bicep bothered you too much today! Nice work

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

OK a lot to fit in with just a little time. I am beat. It was a long day yesterday at the seminar, but it was great. I posted about it in the PL section. I just want to thank all those that came, Kenny for setting it up and helping, Matt and Karsten for their hard work. I think it was a great success. We got lots of good feeback.

I trained ME bench. This was an instinctive session (yeah, it was a deload)
    -Raw bench 495x1, 495x1
    -Add Inzer SDP (breaking in a new shirt) 585x1 off 3 board, 675x1, off 2 board, 765x1, off 1 board. I think this shirt is going to work really well for me.

5/10
    30 minute walk outside

I lost my diet X today. Yesterday we ate one bad meal. I had all my shakes otherwise. Today I ate a bad meal at a restaurant for Mother's Day however, I had no shakes or supplements. Now that is a bad day. The one good thing is that I did not use it as an excuse to be a pig all day. I ate pretty normally otherwise. Plus I packed all my good foods for tomorrow.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 05-10-2009 at 07:55 PM.

nice work on the eating Vin! and the 765 was super easy! Congrats on the successful seminar as well. I hav ebeen thinking of doing a small clinic, but hard to find the time right now...
    Sponsored by:
    OverKill Strength Equipment
    APT ProWristStraps

Success is usually achieved by always doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability." John Wooden