Page 25 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: Vincent Dizenzo Training Log

Vincent! Stretch before you bench!

Some DB bench for reps always seems to make mine feel good after the DE sets

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Wannabebig Member ChickenLegs83's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    306 as of this morning. I finally gained a lb.
    So, are you shooting for 1.5 g protein per bodyweight?

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLegs83 View Post
    So, are you shooting for 1.5 g protein per bodyweight?
    I'm shooting for as many as I can get. I'd love to get up to 500, but that seems like it will be pretty hard on a consistent basis.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

5/20
    (22/24 X's, 405 grams of protein)

25 minute walk with 20lb weight vest.

I was breathing a little hard on the walk. Part of it is because it was warmer than it has been for a little while here. The other part is that I have slacked on conditioning. The extra workouts for rehab are cool, but it does not help with conditioning. I am going to make sure to either get out in the weight vest or drag the sled three times a week.

Little by little it's all coming together.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

I'm shooting for as many as I can get. I'd love to get up to 500, but that seems like it will be pretty hard on a consistent basis.
    *****, 500 g is a lot.

5/20
    (22/24 X's, 405 grams of protein)

25 minute walk with 20lb weight vest.

I was breathing a little hard on the walk. Part of it is because it was warmer than it has been for a little while here. The other part is that I have slacked on conditioning. The extra workouts for rehab are cool, but it does not help with conditioning. I am going to make sure to either get out in the weight vest or drag the sled three times a week.

Little by little it's all coming together.
    Do you walk outside or on a treadmill?

*****, 500 g is a lot.

Do you walk outside or on a treadmill?

I do both, but more often outside. I find walking outside to be more challenging.

I do both, but more often outside. I find walking outside to be more challenging.
    Do you feel you are able to keep a consistent pace?

I remember seeing fighters running on treadmills on the Ultimate Fighter show and I couldn't understand why until my friend who fights told me they do so to keep a consistent pace (as a person can slow down running outside as they get tired).
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 05-22-2009 at 09:19 PM.

Do you feel you are able to keep a consistent pace?

I remember seeing fighters running on treadmills on the Ultimate Fighter show and I couldn't understand why until my friend who fights told me they do so to keep a consistent pace (as a person can slow down running outside as they get tired).
    No I don't keep nearly as good of pace when I walk outside. However, walking outside is much more intensive for me. Outside is often hot with that horrible yellow ball in the sky. The pavement is hard on my joints. I sweat like an animal out there. Whereas, the treadmill is cushioned and it's in my basment which is very cool.

Listen, I am not killing myself with cardio or conditioning. I just do it so I don't feel like a complete load while I'm bulking and in my training cycle. I can get big and lazy during this time. It does not help me in daily life or training. I'm hoping this will be the first time I will be 310+ and still be active.

5/25

OK, I need a break from the X's and the protein count. I have been doing some type of exercies everyday. I have also been eating well more or less. Somedays have been more and somedays have been less. Yesterday I only drank my during and post workout shakes. Today I am drinking no shakes. However, I am keeping up with my creatine. I loaded this past week with ALN"s creatine http://atlargenutrition.com/nutritio...?products_id=3 with gatorade. Between that and my clean bulk I am up 10lbs this week. Yes, I said 10. I am 315 right now! I noticed my conditioning has slipped a little. I took care of that today.

Here's vid of Friday's bench
    Video

5/22 ME Bench
    -Bench, worked up to 455+doulbed monster minis x 1
    -Close grip 5 board press 405 2x20
    -Superset Fat Man Pullupsx10/Band Face Pulls x10/Axle bar reverse curlsx10 for 3 sets

Had to rush out of the gym to get Kenny to the Ferry. He travels quite a way from LI to train with us. Kenny is going to be a force if he keeps heading in the right direction

5/24 Core
    -SSB Squat 335x5, 385x3, 435x1
    -Trap Bar DL 335x5, 385x3, 435x1

5/25 GPP
    -Dragged the sled w/25lbs on grass for 20 minutes straight. My breathing was pretty good, but my calves felt like they were going to explode.

Alright, I'm off to lazyland. This is caught up enough for now.

*Thanks to all of the amazing Veterans who made the ultimate sacrfice for our great country!
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 05-25-2009 at 04:32 PM.

Bench looked easy breezy, keep up the great work.

Vin you look great! Rhodes looks awesome, he put on some weight and dropped some body fat, he looks huge giving you that hand off in the video!
    Their are two types of people, those who make progress and those who make excuses. SFW

Went to a cookout yesterday. Had a few dogs and burgers. Damn, regular burgers taste good. We only buy the 93% lean. It was nice to have a big juicy full fat burger. I also ate a tray of brownies yesterday. My wife had maybe 2. I am 316 right now. Time to reel it back in a bit.

The question to ponder for the day is should I do speed work for bench today or just a bunch of reps?

316 is freaking awesome Vincent! Thats pretty much where I want to be sitting by the end of next year... Only 100lbs to go haha

Quote Originally Posted by Risk10k View Post
    316 is freaking awesome Vincent! Thats pretty much where I want to be sitting by the end of next year... Only 100lbs to go haha
    100lbs, that's it? It only took me about a decade. Keep pushin' brother.

5/26
    (lost track of X's, I'll check my calendar/400 grams of protein today)

DE Bench
    -Bench bar 2x50
    -Barbell ext bar 4x15
    -Underhand pulldowns 20 4x20
    -Band pullaparts 2x20

This was a weenie workout. My pecs were still sore. I figured I would just get some blood flowing. I am going switch me DE day to Monday. This should give me more recuperation time for ME on Friday. I'm also going to start ice massage on my pecs after benching.

Strong and sore is a life choice.

5/27
    (23.5/27 X's, 425 grams of protein)

-20 minute walk outside
    -5 minutes of stretching
    -15 minute walk outside (couple hours later)

I tweaked the whole X's thing. I went back to my calender and I notice a few days where I got the / for diet but not for exercise and vice versa. I decided that two /'s equal and X. The reason being is that if I don't count them what good is the day. Where would my incentive be to exercise on a day I did not eat perfectly or conversely eat well on a day I did not exercise. It's the all or nothing mentality that can really screw up consistency.

I can't hit my goal of 27/30 X's for the month, but I can get 26.5 which is close enough for me. I'll get 27 next month.

Sucks about being beat up Vincent! Hopefully the extra day off will make a diffenerece to your recovery time, maybe all this clean bulking is taking its toll eh?

5/28
    (24.5/28 X's, 410 gms protein)

-10 minutes on treadmill (planned on 20, but it died)
    -Kettlebell swings 4x20

ME bench tomorrow. I can't wait!
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 05-29-2009 at 05:41 AM.

OK I finished up the month with 27.5 out of 31 X's which put me at 89% for the month of good eating and exercising. Close to my 90% goal, but not quite there. I am going to shoot for 90% again this month. That means either 3 entire days I can say "F" it, eat poorly and not train. Or 6 days of doing one or the other. I have not flipped out on not eating well really at all. The only days I lost for diet were really for not taking shakes or supplements. I have not taken an entire day to be a pig. I'm proud of this. I think it has shown a big difference in my training. However, I am craving peanut butter cups and bacon (not in the same meal). Just two big cravings I have been feeling. I'll have to deal with them soon.

Regarding protein count. Ughhh, I'm sick of doing it. However, it makes a big difference. When I am not counting and posting I let it dip below 300. That's not good for a guy who wanted 500. My goal for the month is 400 a day/2800 a week/12000 for June. Now, the weekends are a grind for me. I really don't want to eat any protein at all or drink shakes. I just want a break. So I will initiate the 90% rule for my protein so that would be 360 a day/2520 a week/10800 for June. I like this because if I get my 400 a day for the week that means I only need 260 on Saturday and 260 on Sunday.

I know the above sounds a little nuts, but I have to play these games with myself. I am very goal oriented. Plus if I play "let's make a deal" with myself I am more likely to do it. This whole thing is about consistency. That is what I have prided myself on for years. Yeah, anybody can eat well or train for a day or two. The real progress is when it is done for months and years at a time.

5/29
    ME Bench
    -Floor press with quad mini bands (thanks for the idea Travis Bell, you're clearly nuts) 410x1, 425x1
    -Rolling dumbell tricep extensions 20 4x20 (went light, my right elbow is tweaked)
    -Blast strap pushups 4x10
    -Blast strap fatman pullups 4x10
    -Some kind of back machine (I hate machines, but it was DD's idea. He's "The Project" so I had to listen) rear delt work 3x15
    -Rope curls 3x15 (I can't really remember)

Great workout, quad mini bands are sick. I really think all this lockout work is going to be a key to victory for me. Give them a try and then pm Travis about what a sicko he really is.

5/30
    Core-Deload
    -SSB squats 270, 290, 315x5
    -Trap bar DL 270, 290, 315x5

I really hate training on a Saturday. This is what I need to do if I want to DE Bench on Monday so be it.

5/31
    20 Minute walk outside

Alright, I'm all caught up. The new "X" and protein count starts for June.

I think if you had the peanut butter cups AND the bacon in the same meal, you'd be pretty cured of those cravings. 89% X's is damn awesome, after a month I'd say everything has become habit - that must make it easier.

Great ME work too!

6/1
    1/1x, 425 grams of protein

20 minute walk outside

DE Bench
    -Speed bench 105 2x3, 145 2x3, 195 2x3, 235 2x3 (could have gone higher, but wanted to play it safe)
    -Close grip rack lockouts 235x5, 315x5, 405x5
    -T bar rows 90x6, 115x6, 135x6, 160x6, 180 2x6
    -Cable curls 20x10, 30x10, 40x10, 50x10
    -Plate raises 45 3x10

OK, this was an interesting workout. I decided to give speed work another shot. When I started warming up with the bar I noticed I do not snap and hold a lockout. Whenever I did speed prior to this training cycle I did the same thing. Down and up. Whereas for this cycle I have been pressing and holding full lock. I have really been emphasizing tri work more than ever before. However, this may be why my pecs have been so beat up.

I have been nursing an elbow pain for a few days. Extensions really bother it. Well, I usually do moderate to heavy extensions on DE day. So instead I figured I would work some lockouts. I notice after each set my pecs were getting sore. I really paid attention on the last set or two and realized that finishing a press and holding it at lockout stresses my pecs quite a bit.

So the new plan is to keep hard locks to ME day including the ME exercise and board work. On DE Bench I will not hold locks and will do only extentsion work for triceps.

I'm glad I keep a journal to reevaluate. I'm also glad I'm instinctive when it comes to my training. Things are looking good.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 06-03-2009 at 05:53 AM.

6/2
    2/2x's, 425 grams of protein

20 minute walk outside

6/3
    3/3x's 405 grams of protein

25 minute walk outside.

I'm very sad, I just realized this Friday's bench will be a deload. I'm pretty sure I will be doing a test bench the following week. I guess I will have to look forward to that.

Looking forward to seeing some big numbers Vincent, your weight included!

TJW
    6/3
    3/3x's 405 grams of protein

25 minute walk outside.

I'm very sad, I just realized this Friday's bench will be a deload. I'm pretty sure I will be doing a test bench the following week. I guess I will have to look forward to that.
    I know what you mean. Granted you are hitting bigger numbers and need the deload more often then me, I did my first deload on 5/3/1 and regret it. It made everything feel heavier my first week back and I was so much more sore that week. Either way, I can't wait to see what your tests bench will be.