Page 32 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Vincent Dizenzo Training Log

8/22

Well, I competed today and hit a 5lb pr raw. I benched 605 with a real close miss at 620. I weighed 323. When I hit 600 two years ago I was 328.5. So I hit a pr at a lighter bodyweight. Also, I hit this as a master. I am not certain if anyone else in their forties has hit a 600+raw in a sanctioned meet.

I posted about the meet in the powerlifting section of the forum. I'm too beat to add too much now. I just want to rest up and heal up. I'm getting back in the bench shirt and going down to the 275 class. It has been way too long since I have hit some good numbers in gear. Time to get back in the mix.

For training this week my plan is rehab work and conditioning only. Hopefully Friday I can get back on the bench.

Here's the vid from the meet:
    Video
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 08-23-2009 at 09:32 AM.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Great work Vincent!! I'm looking forward to seeing you in the 275's geared! Especially since I plan on living in the 275's, it'll be damn humbling for me

Quote Originally Posted by Risk10k View Post
    Great work Vincent!! I'm looking forward to seeing you in the 275's geared! Especially since I plan on living in the 275's, it'll be damn humbling for me
    Thanks. I hope we get to share the same platform at some meet. I also hope you blow by all my numbers some day. I love this sport and just want to see everyone do well.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

Great job on the meet PR Vincent! The speed was sick
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Quote Originally Posted by lonesXedge View Post
    Great job on the meet PR Vincent! The speed was sick
    Thank you sir. The only thing I do faster is--well, I guess that's nothing to brag about.

Alright, there's roughly 130 calendar days left this year. I want to see how many X's I can get before then. Remember I get a / for a good diet day and a \ for exercising that day. So here we go.

8/24/09 1X

-20 minute walk outside.

I stuck to my diet today. I'm shooting for 4 meals a day except for my 3 weight training days where I will have a during and post workout protocol. I'm trying the 4 meals based on Chris Mason's article. My goal is to never have more than one bad meal in a day and to not exceed three bad meals in a week. My protein will be around 300-350. It will be about 30% protein, 30% fats, and 40% carbs.

It was a good day, I lost 6 lbs. I'm sure I'll drop a bunch quickly and the it will slow down.

Get the stripper pole ready.

Fantastic job. Coming back from your last meet and owning it is even more impressive. Awesome man!
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Sidior View Post
    Fantastic job. Coming back from your last meet and owning it is even more impressive. Awesome man!
    Thank you. It's just proof what a little planning and a lot of hard work can accomplish.

Congrats again Vin! What's next? Do you plan to keep going raw or is the gear making a comeback?

sponsored by

Don't Flinch.
    Jersey Iron Gear!
    Tone on Facebook
    880/820/770/2415 Geared
    680/530/750/1960 Raw

Wannabebig Member
    Hey Vinnie,

Congrats on hitting that raw 605 bench at 40! Getting that weight up at 30 is mind boggling so to do it as a master is just insane!!

I hope you dont mind me asking you a few questions in your log but your not on the EFTS
    Q&A?

Im planning on running your raw bench template Rhodes posted a while back on EFTS.I just wanted to ask on the ME day you have have board presses as a supplemental lift for the lockout. I assume you were using 3 board and up for this then to work the triceps?

Also do you see a problem with using the 5/3/1 protocol alternating squats and deads each week rather than doing 5x10 for each lift on the lower body day? my recovery is not so good so Im keeping volume lower than you.

I will also probs use tripples rather than singles and or not rotate exercises as much as my carry over is not so hot.

Thanks and best of luck hitting the 620!
    Last edited by doberman; 08-26-2009 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaccio View Post
    Congrats again Vin! What's next? Do you plan to keep going raw or is the gear making a comeback?
    Please RAW lifting is lame! Just kidding. I'm committing to the shirt for a while. I know I have a big lift in me. I just have to put in the time.

What's next for you big dog?

Quote Originally Posted by doberman View Post
    Hey Vinnie,

Congrats on hitting that raw 605 bench at 40! Getting that weight up at 30 is mind boggling so to do it as a master is just insane!!

I hope you dont mind me asking you a few questions in your log but your not on the EFTS
    Q&A?

Im planning on running your raw bench template Rhodes posted a while back on EFTS.I just wanted to ask on the ME day you have have board presses as a supplemental lift for the lockout. I assume you were using 3 board and up for this then to work the triceps?

Also do you see a problem with using the 5/3/1 protocol alternating squats and deads each week rather than doing 5x10 for each lift on the lower body day? my recovery is not so good so Im keeping volume lower than you.

I will also probs use tripples rather than singles and or not rotate exercises as much as my carry over is not so hot.

Thanks and best of luck hitting the 620!
    Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, I used 3 and 4 boards for reps after ME bench. As far as alternating squats and deads each week, I think that's totally fine. As long as you are doing some core work, you're good.

I do recommend you change exercises at least every two weeks. Keep in mind that changing the reps changes the exercise. So, one week you can bench for a triple and the following you could hit a single. Try to throw bands or chains in if you can. Best of luck in your pursuits.

8/25/09 2X

-20 minute walk outside

On a bit of a sadder note, I hurt myself pretty badly last night. Yeah, I sneezed. I have been dealing with a pulled ab--note to self, don't sneeze.

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    8/25/09 2X

-20 minute walk outside

On a bit of a sadder note, I hurt myself pretty badly last night. Yeah, I sneezed. I have been dealing with a pulled ab--note to self, don't sneeze.
    Oh god. Monster sneeze.

haha, I've had my back crack really badly when I sneeze, but never pulled an ab

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Oh god. Monster sneeze.
    Something to remember?

Video

2 years ago? Man thats some progress!!

Risk, I can't get vid at work, I'll have to check it out later.

I am having some work troubles, I stressed out yesterday and lost 7 lbs. I'm down 17 since Saturday. My protein is over 300 right now, but I'm going to have to do something to slow this train down. On a better note, I am reaching places on my body more easily then I was a week ago, 'nuff said.

8/26 2.5X out of 3

8/27 3X out of 4

I got my /'s for diet the past two days, but did no exercise. I will be making up the 2 sessions I owe on Saturday. The exercise \'s are a little off this week because I took of weight training. All will be normal starting today.

Down 18lbs since Saturday.

18lbs? Geez even for us SHW's that alot of loss in such short a time! Glad to hear you're feeling better Vin! My next meet is going to be in October @ Iron Asylum. So far training is going well so I'm on course to make it. If I can just keep the mental demons in check... Any chance of you and Rhodesy showing up at that meet?

sponsored by

Don't Flinch.
    Jersey Iron Gear!
    Tone on Facebook
    880/820/770/2415 Geared
    680/530/750/1960 Raw

Something to remember?

Video

2 years ago? Man thats some progress!!
    Thanks. Gettin' older and better. Just the way I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaccio View Post
    18lbs? Geez even for us SHW's that alot of loss in such short a time! Glad to hear you're feeling better Vin! My next meet is going to be in October @ Iron Asylum. So far training is going well so I'm on course to make it. If I can just keep the mental demons in check... Any chance of you and Rhodesy showing up at that meet?
    Upped my cals a little and maintained weight today. I'm getting dialed in.

Stay the course with your training big boy, you are a damn fine lifter. I'll check my social calendar and see wha the Rhodemaster will be up to for the meet.

8/28 4X out of 5

ME Bench

-Bench 135x10, 2 board 225x5, 3 board 315x3, 405x1, 495x1, added shirt 605x1, 2 board 675x1, 1 board 765x1, 800 to chest 1.5" brom touch, but pressed to lockout
    -Pullups 2x5
    -Pushdowns 60 2x20
    -Curls 15 2x15

It was good to get in the shirt. I had not had one on in about half a year so I feel good about what I did. Definitely beat up so I kept the rest of the workout light and easy. The best thing I learned about the last training cycle was get your ME work in and the rest of it will take care of itself. I'm going to start an 18 week off season shirt cycle in two weeks. I need to deload next week.

8/29 6X out of 6

-20 minutes on treadmill
    -100 kettlebell swings
    -Grip stick 2x50
    -Contrast shower

I earned 2 /'s back to make up an X for missed exercise. I hit some cardio and gpp. Now that I am back in the shirt I will be doing forearm rehab/prehab work twice a week.

I've been away from wwb for a few days - Your 605 was massive man! Nice work!
    "It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by FFHill View Post
    I've been away from wwb for a few days - Your 605 was massive man! Nice work!
    Thank you very much.