Page 35 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: Vincent Dizenzo Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    Nice! If you feel it's like a denim, I expect you'll do quite well in it given that's what you originally made your name in, unless I'm mistaken?
    You are correct big guy. Denim was my groove. We'll have to wait and see where the numbers go

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

9/16 21.5X out of 24

Still sick. No exercise again today. Have stayed on my diet. I'll have a lot of trainingto make up this weekend.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

9/17 22.5X out of 25

Medicine ball wall toss 2x25

Cold is getting better. Unfortunately I made myself sick eating. I had a cheat meal for dinner of pizza and two Big Cup Reese's Peanut Butter cups. I overate. Overearting is not as much fun as it used to be. Sorry Karsten. Your fearless leader has fallen and he can't get up.

Habingus
    Vincent, I'm not sure if I understand the power shower, can we get a video of you demonstrating one?
    "I PLAY BY MY OWN RULES"

Quote Originally Posted by Dingus View Post
    Vincent, I'm not sure if I understand the power shower, can we get a video of you demonstrating one?
    I am saving that vid for Bear Monthly. I could hold out for some big bucks.

9/18 23.5X out of 25

ME Bench

-Bench 135x10, 225x5, 315x1, 405x1, 455x1, 525x1, added Metal Ace size 62 625x3
    -Pulldowns to sternum 130 3x10
    -Dumbell hammer curls 30 3x10
    -Pushdowns 60 3x20

I soaked the shirt before I lifted again this week. You can't tell from the vid, but I did not touch any of the reps. Clearly, being sick took a toll on me. I did not squeeze the bar in my hands. I just let it sit there. I can always tell when I do this because I cock my wrists back to try and touch. Anyway, I got the reps, but I'm pissed I did not touch. Next week is a deload. The following week I have 650 for a triple and if I have to take it twenty times, I will touch at least the last rep.

Due to the fact I have been sick all week, I was not going to do any assitance. I felt guilty so I threw in a feeble few sets.

I dropped three lbs. this week and that's too much. I am going to up my cals a bit. I am also going to carb up on Friday's for heavy bench. I'll probably add an extra 100 grams of carbs throughout the day, prior to training. Hopefully this will help my bench and assist in slowing down my weight loss a bit.

A few post workout mentions. Karsten hit 2 more pr's tonight. Lastly, we all lamented the inevitable leaving of our fearless leader, Matt Rhodes. He is selfish and we are all hurt. I can't even talk about it anymore.

Video
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 09-18-2009 at 10:53 PM.

So I hope you are going to take Snowmans place as coach? Sucks he is leaving.

Hey big guy I got a question for you... Do you do the same assistance every week until it stops working or do you just do whatever assistance you feel like on that day? Also I tried these contrast showers you were talking about and I thought I was going to get hypothermia and die, thanks Vincent.
    Last edited by OGROK; 09-19-2009 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Risk10k View Post
    So I hope you are going to take Snowmans place as coach? Sucks he is leaving.
    I'll pretend to care about what everyone is doing once in a while.

Looked good Vin! I know it's only 635 but still, your speed and control was awesome. Shame to see Rhodesy struggling with issues. He's absolutely invaluable as a coach and handler. Looking forward to following your progress losing weight and getting back in equipment man.

sponsored by

Don't Flinch.
    Jersey Iron Gear!
    Tone on Facebook
    880/820/770/2415 Geared
    680/530/750/1960 Raw

Quote Originally Posted by OGROK View Post
    Hey big guy I got a question for you... Do you do the same assistance every week until it stops working or do you just do whatever assistance you feel like on that day? Also I tried these contrast showers you were talking about and I thought I was going to get hypothermia and die, thanks Vincent.
    I do whatever assistance I feel for that day. It's that easy. Kill your max effort work and assistance just gets done.

You will grow to love the contrast showers. The first couple of times I did them I used to moan when I'd switch to the cold water. My wife was like wtf is going on in there. It was especially bad because I started taking them in the winter and damn, the water is cold in the winter herein New England. Remember, you don't have to go all the way cold on the first round. Start building a little tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaccio View Post
    Looked good Vin! I know it's only 635 but still, your speed and control was awesome. Shame to see Rhodesy struggling with issues. He's absolutely invaluable as a coach and handler. Looking forward to following your progress losing weight and getting back in equipment man.
    Thanks Tone. I feel good about my lifting. Rhodes just looks at the bad side of this sport sometimes. There is so much good. If he does in fact move away, I hope he sticks with the sport. He's a great coach, handler, and lifter. I'd really love to see him put everything together for at east one more meet.

Training this weekend I got caught up with X's well, all but one diet day. So now I'm 26.5X out of 27

9/19

GPP/Conditioning

-20 minute walk outside
    -Yoke walk 150' with one turn around 90x1, 190x2, 270x2, 370x1

Visited some old friends in the strongman game. Figured I should do something while I was there.

9/20

Core

-SSB squat 245, 295, 315 x 5
    -Trap bar dl 135, 225 x 10
    -Single leg calf raises 3 x 15
    -Underhand pulldowns 90 3 x 15
    -Crunches 2 x 25
    -Grip stick 2 x 50

-20 minute walk otuside with 20 lb. weight vest
    -20 minute walk outside

I'm still a little sick, but I had to get back to core work. It's been close to 2 months since I have squatted. I just went light today. I'll do 5/3/1 for squats for a month and just some deadlifts for reps. I'd like to bring up my liting endurance a little. Maybe after a month of squatting I'll switch to 5/3/1 deadlifts and rep the squats. I'm just a bencher anyway. No need to sweat this stuff.

9/21 27.5X out of 28

Conditioning

-40 minute walk outside

9/21 28.5X out of 29

Conditioning

-20 minute walk outside

My back is completely f'd up. I literally did nothing to cause it. I simply got out of a chair after a meeting today and I felt likea cripple. I had to skip my workout today. I just walked instead. I really want to hit DE bench tomorrow. Grrrrr, I hope I feel better.

Losing weight, changing leverages. Man, you just can't rely on shifting your weight to help you out of your chair anymore. You have to exert more effort now.

Well it sounds plausible.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

professional psychopath
    Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    Losing weight, changing leverages. Man, you just can't rely on shifting your weight to help you out of your chair anymore. You have to exert more effort now.

Well it sounds plausible.
    so does the protein content of bacon fat.
    Clearly, daddy didn't beat you enough as a child. If you were in front of us you'd show respect, so don't be an internet punk. - Matt Rhodes

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
    so does the protein content of bacon fat.
    Pig bacon or human bacon?

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

9/23 30X out of 30

RE Bench

-Floor press 145x20, 235x20, 325x18
    -Barbell tricep extensions 145 3x10
    -Fat man pullups 3x10
    -Side lat raises 25 3x10
    -Concentration curls 25 3x10

-30 minute walk outside with a 20lb. weight vest

I completed this workout in an hour. My back is feeling a little better today. However, I still did not want to risk arching on a bench so I did floor presses. Unfortunately, I have to floor press outside of the rack because of the way it is made, so I did not really push the last set. I think for this training cycle I am going to stick with a repitition day instead of dynamic effort. Contorting my body for the bench press and driving as hard as I do is just difficult for me sometimes. I just want to save abusing my body for max effort days. I just want to have a nice comfortable off season training cycle. With dropping weight and learning the new shirt it seems like a good plan to me. I'll step on the gas around Decmeber when I start looking for a meet.

I had time to go on a good walk with the 20lb. vest. This was an extra as far as training goes, so I am now all caught up with x's. I am starting to like this getting in shape thing. I just gotta keep the train rollin'.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 09-24-2009 at 05:41 AM.

Darn nice floor pressing Vin. Honestly, I feel that for me at least, floor press has huge carryover to my shirted bench

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Nice pressing Vin. I think you may have inspired me to do some of those tonight. No matter how bad your setup it, I have to floor press out of the preacher curl at my gym, yes it's that bad. Liked the Fat Man Pullups too! I haven't done those in ages! I have been doing mostly weight assisted pullups but I think the fat man pulls will be a nice change of pace and a little less harsh on my elbows and shoulders. Now you've got me geared up for tonight's assistance work! Keep truckin big Vin.

sponsored by

Don't Flinch.
    Jersey Iron Gear!
    Tone on Facebook
    880/820/770/2415 Geared
    680/530/750/1960 Raw

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    Darn nice floor pressing Vin. Honestly, I feel that for me at least, floor press has huge carryover to my shirted bench
    Thanks Trav, I appreciate it. I felt like a real weenie racking at 18. The rack is about an inch too high so I have to reach to take the weight out and to get it back in. I did not feel like pressing my luck. I'll get 20 next week. Maybe I'll get Jess to lift off and spot me if she's available.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaccio View Post
    Nice pressing Vin. I think you may have inspired me to do some of those tonight. No matter how bad your setup it, I have to floor press out of the preacher curl at my gym, yes it's that bad. Liked the Fat Man Pullups too! I haven't done those in ages! I have been doing mostly weight assisted pullups but I think the fat man pulls will be a nice change of pace and a little less harsh on my elbows and shoulders. Now you've got me geared up for tonight's assistance work! Keep truckin big Vin.
    Have a great workout big man. Yeah, I gotta take it easy on these old bones. Floor pressing out of the preacher curl, next thing you know, you'll be squatting out of the bench.

Karsten "DD" Luca's baby picture
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 09-24-2009 at 06:27 PM.

hahahaha! That's hilarious. That baby is HUGE

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym