10/27

26.5X out of 27

Pull day/conditioning

-20 minute walk outside with 20 lb. weight vest

-Assisted pullups 5x5
    -Cambered bar band curls 3x10
    -Indian club swings 2x10

-Chiro/massage

Installed a pullup/chin bar in my basement gym today. I now have everything I need to complete pull day (back/bicep) workouts. The ceiling in my basement is low so I was able to push off the floor to start the movement. I won't be doing this usually, but I'm still taking it easy.

My plan is paying off. My pec/shoulder is feeling good. I can't wait to get back to normal training. It should happenn this Friday. Just in time to bench, sweet!

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Hey,

Glad to see you're resisting the temptation of going heavy, it sounds as if your body is thanking you big time for it. I'm going to take note and make sure I do some deload weeks myself.

How do you find the massage helps? I have never had one and seeing as I have all types of hip/calve/hamstring/back/shoulder lol mobility issues, I should really get a soft tissue once or twice a month.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

10/28

28X out of 28

Recuperation/conditioning

-Upper and lower stretching
    -Indian club swings 4x10
    -Chiro for stim, traction, and stretching
    -15 minute walk outside

10/29

29X out of 29

Conditioning

-20 Minute walk outside

I am feeling really good. The plan of rest and recuperation for the past 17 days has worked well. I'll put it to the test tonight when I bench. The first two weeks back I will only be taking 3 exercises per workout. Usually I want to come back and go like gangbusters, that's just not smart. This is why thinking your plan through is important.

I completely went off my diet today. I'm celebrating Halloween with my students. In addition, my class won a prize for decorating our door for a school wide activity. The prize was a pizza party. It would have been rude of me not to join them. On top of that we've had candy, soda, pudding, cupcakes, chips, you name it. I should have a good sodium bloat going tonight.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 10-30-2009 at 11:08 AM.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

10/30

29.5X out of 30

Push Day

-15 minutes of various stretching, foam rolling, light dumbells, and indian club swings
    -Bench to white foam roller 135x10, 225x4, 315x3, 405x1, 495x1 added Metal Ace 66 585x1, 675x1, 725x1
    -Close grip floor presses 135x5, 225x5, 315x5, 405x5
    -Side lateral 25 3x10

It felt good to get back to training. All the weights felt comfortable. I decided to use the foam roller/manpon to take some stress off my pec and shoulder. It worked. My shoulder and pec felt fine after the workout. This shirt is VERY loose. I'm pretty sure I could touch 405 with it. However, it's serving its purpose. I need to build my equipped strenght before I start pushing the tighter shirts and bigger numbers. I just have to be smart and keep my ego in check.

All in all it was a very successful evening. I just have to stick to my plan, 3 exercises a workout, continue rehab, gpp, and conditioning.

Leg Day/recuperation

AM
    -SSB box squats barx10, 155x5, 205x5, 245x5, 295x5, 335x5
    -Seated band good mornings 3x10
    -Crunches 3x15

-Contrast shower

PM
    -Band standing chest press 5x20
    -Band pushdowns 3x20
    -Band H rolls 3x10

First things first, October went well. I hit 28.5X's out of 31. My goal is always 27, so I even overachieved a bit. I am down 3lbs for the month which is great. Ultimately I would have liked 4 lbs., but I changed my diet for a few weeks. I have to stop listening to other people. For those who don't know I am following Chris's Article http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...-and-strength/ . It has been working really well for me. I am going to try to go a month without X's. I'm curious to see if I have made exercise and diet a way of life. I'm interested in seeing the results. I will definitely review at the end of November

Squats went fairly well today. I decided to go light to get started again. I also decided to do box squats, they are much harder than I remember. Interstingly, I think free squats are easier. One of the reps I actually fell back onto the box. Had it truly been heavy, I don't think it would have been nearly as funny.

My pecs, tris, and shoulders are pretty sore from Friday so I decided to hit a little pm recuperation band session. It definitely helped. I want to make sure to keep up with gpp, recuperation, and conditioning like I have been doing the past few weeks, when I was not weight training

For anyone interested, on 11/14 I'll be heading up to TPS outside of Boston for a training day with Matt Rhodes. 910 lb. bencher Robert "Tee Tee" McCray will be joining us, as well as Karsten "DD" Luca. If you want to train with us you are welcome to do so. I think it's $20 a head to cover the gym fee and some expenses. Keep in mind, this is not a seminar. That's not to say advice won't be given, but for the most part it's just an excuse for a bunch of lifters to get together and push some heavy weight.

If you need any further information or if you just want to crank call Matt, here's his contact info: mjrhodes2@comcast.net 413-433-9026

TJW
    Nice work lately! I haven't posted in here in a while, but I'm always checking in and reading your Q and A on elite. I can't wait to see you hit a big geared bench, since you already have a huge raw bench. I know you said you won't do a meet until 2010, so do you have a specific one in mind?

really nice single vinny that weight is no joke for just getting back into things.
    2000 or bust

Quote Originally Posted by gatorman2k6 View Post
    Nice work lately! I haven't posted in here in a while, but I'm always checking in and reading your Q and A on elite. I can't wait to see you hit a big geared bench, since you already have a huge raw bench. I know you said you won't do a meet until 2010, so do you have a specific one in mind?
    Thanks for checking in on me, much appreciated. I plan on the Lexen Pro Am in Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumprrp View Post
    really nice single vinny that weight is no joke for just getting back into things.
    Thanks, I just have to keep myself under control and be patient. I am my own worst enemy sometimes.

TJW
    That's awesome to hear that you are planning on doing the Lexen meet. I knew Travis said he was going to do that too. Should be a great meet with a lot of big names.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorman2k6 View Post
    That's awesome to hear that you are planning on doing the Lexen meet. I knew Travis said he was going to do that too. Should be a great meet with a lot of big names.
    Yeah, I'm excited to compete on the platform with Travis.

11/2

Recuperation/Conditioning

-Sled drag 50lbs. 75' trips 5 backwards 5 forwards
    -Indian club swings 8x10
    -20 minute walk

Great to hear your doing the Pro/Am in febuary Vincent. I've always wanted to see you compete in person.

I'll be there on the amateur day...it'll be easy to pick me out, I'll be the only weak fat guy lifting raw lol

Hopefully get a chance to talk with you there

Quote Originally Posted by byronsru24 View Post
    Great to hear your doing the Pro/Am in febuary Vincent. I've always wanted to see you compete in person.

I'll be there on the amateur day...it'll be easy to pick me out, I'll be the only weak fat guy lifting raw lol

Just don't talk to him until after he lifts.
    Roll Tide.

Quote Originally Posted by byronsru24 View Post

I look forward to meeting you. You are not weak and fat, you are big and making progress. SFW!

Quote Originally Posted by KarstenDD View Post
    Just don't talk to him until after he lifts.
    Karsten is right on this one. I have a tendency to be too friendly before I compete. I need to focus and keep my game face on. It's time for a pr!

11/3

DE Bench

-DE Bench (alt 3 grips) 105 3x3, 145 3x3, 195 3x3
    -Barbell tricep ext 105 3x10
    -Cambered bar curls 30x10, 40x10, 50x10
    -Band assisted pullups 5x5

Alright, I know I said I was going with seperated days for push and pull, but it's a powerlifter's prerogative to change his mind. I am feeling good and want to do the Lexen in Feb, so I figured it's time to get serious about a program.

I spent the other night researching information to come up with a program and I did. It just felt right. I had that feeling before, when I setup the program to get my 600 raw bench. It was the Westside method that got my raw up, so I want to give it a shot geared.

I'm still taking it a little easy for the next week or so, then it's time to turn it up.

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    I look forward to meeting you. You are not weak and fat, you are big and making progress. SFW!

Karsten is right on this one. I have a tendency to be too friendly before I compete. I need to focus and keep my game face on. It's time for a pr!
    I like the way you think big guy. Don't worry, I'm not gonna be like some dumbass teenager running up and going "WOW, you got a HUUUUUUGE bench" lol

I'm the same way at meets...grumpy bastard till the meets over. Looking forward to talking to you afterwards though for sure.

I'm gonna run up, slap you in the face with my wrist wraps (APT Convicts are no joke in a slapping matter) and then run away. That oughta put you in the right place to bench

I'm often the same way at meets, Louie told me last time that I help out too much. Getting everyone in their suits, handing out to everyone, wrapping knees, spotting and talking the whole time, I forget why I'm there in the first place. I do better when I just hang back, stay calm cool and collected.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    I'm gonna run up ... then run away.
    wat?
    Roll Tide.

lol I'm not stickin around to get pimp smacked into next week

er, I mean because I'll have to bench....right, gotta bench

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I think Karsten just does not grasp the word run. Maybe this will help;

Main Entry: 1run
    Pronunciation: \ˈrən\
    Function: verb
    Inflected Form(s): ran \ˈran\ also chiefly dial run; run; run·ning
    Etymology: Middle English ronnen, alteration of rinnen, v.i. (from Old English iernan, rinnan & Old Norse rinna) & of rennen, v.t., from Old Norse renna; akin to Old High German rinnan, v.i., to run, Sanskrit riṇāti he causes to flow, and probably to Latin rivus stream
    Date: before 12th century
    intransitive verb
    1 a : to go faster than a walk; specifically : to go steadily by springing steps so that both feet leave the ground for an instant in each step

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    I think Karsten just does not grasp the word run.
    He seems to understand the runs.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

LOL nicely played Drew

I DRANK YOUR MILK DieselWarrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidior View Post
    Cant wait to see the lifting, you are a tank!
    Id like to see more pix of you.... U have an album somewhere?

Thx,
    Andrew
    42 years old, 5'9", 245lbs, wannabeBIG with muscle!
    "If you wanna be diesel, you gotta first be a warrior!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDV_9Ys7ftc

Quote Originally Posted by DieselWarrior View Post
    Id like to see more pix of you.... U have an album somewhere?

Thx,
    Andrew
    Sorry Andrew, I'm not really a pic guy. I need to work on that.