The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 42 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 3106
    11/16

-30 minute walk with 20lb weight vest

Not much to report, taking it a little easy this week. I need to do more stretching and rolling/massage.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

11/17

DE Bench and Squat Deload

-SSB Box squat with avg bands 5x10
    -Bench with red EFS bench bands 5x10

Just getting a little work in this week. I am not going to allow myself to get too beat up or dare i say, overtrained. I felt much better after training. Moving around and getting the blood flowing definitely helped the cause. I will be deloading every fourth week of this training cycle.

I got a box of EliteFTS bench/deadlift bands today. I really liked them. They are much easier to deal with on the bench because of their length. I can't wait to try all of the different colors.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    I got a box of EliteFTS bench/deadlift bands today. I really liked them. They are much easier to deal with on the bench because of their length. I can't wait to try all of the different colors.
    Are you talking about the bands or skittles?
    Last edited by Lones Green; 11-18-2009 at 07:41 AM.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Quote Originally Posted by lonesXedge View Post
    Are you talking about the bands or skittles?
    Taste the rainbow.

I have to get back to tracking my X's. I am not even doing them on a calendar at home. I'm getting lazy.

11/19

-45 minute walk with 40 lb weight vest

My quote of the day is "The only real salad, is potato salad." Guess which member gave it to me?

your vids are still motivating to watch big brother!! i know your choppin at the bit to come back!
    TB
    i'm a man....without a number
    "never satisfied!"
    powered by anabolikclothing, apt, and usplabs

log:
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=129997

Quote Originally Posted by THE BRUTE View Post
    your vids are still motivating to watch big brother!! i know your choppin at the bit to come back!
    TB
    Why thank you my swole brother. I love doin' what I do.

11/20

ME Bench Deload

All done with blast straps

-Push ups 5x10
    -Tricep extensions 5x10
    -Fat man pullups 5x10
    -Scarecrows 5x10
    -Curls 5x10

My body is just starting to feel good again. I can't wait to get into the shirt next week. The plan is working thus far.

Thought you'd might like this pic!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BodyByGamma; 11-21-2009 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BodyByGamma View Post
    Thought you'd might like this pic!
    Very cool indeed. Thanks.

11/23

DE Bench

Speed bench barx50, 105 2x3, 145 2x3, 195 3x3, 235 3x3, 285 3x3
    -Barbell tricep extensions 145x10, 235x10
    -Seated overhead press 145x10, 235x10
    -T bar rows 135x10, 180x10
    -Band assited pullups 2x10
    -Key presses (never done them before) 25x12, 25x20
    -Side lateral raises 25x12, 25x20
    -Preacher dumbell curls 25 2x10
    -Cambered bar curls 60 2x10

I'm exhausted from the weekend, but I got my work in. I'm upping my volume a little. I decided to complete two exercises for back, shoulders, triceps, and biceps instead of my usual 1. If I do 4-5 sets of an exercise I feel the need to keep getting heavier with the weights. However, with just two sets I'm just getting some work in. So I figured to up the volume I could just add in more exercises. I cannot forget the philosophy that helped me with my raw bench, do your max effort work and let everything else take care of itself.

I have a lot of stuff to talk about regarding the Special Olympics Powerlifting Meet (I have pictures also) and the IPA's at York. I'm just really busy and really tired. I'll write that stuff up over the long holiday weekend.

I look forward to the Special Olympics writeup Vin; I've been training a group of Special Olympic highschool powerlifters for a couple months now. Very rewarding & fun
    I'm weak now, but not for long

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket_Fire View Post
    I look forward to the Special Olympics writeup Vin; I've been training a group of Special Olympic highschool powerlifters for a couple months now. Very rewarding & fun
    That is so cool of you. Great job. Yeah, I'll get that stuff up shortly.

You don't get enough props for what you do Vincent, your heart is bigger than your press ever will be.

So far, I'm only 6 pages into this 42 page Journal. I have quite some catching up to do! So far, I've read about spanking the monkey, wet panties and horizontal and vertical Valentine's Cardio LOL. Is this a good journal for a GoodyGirl to sub to? I think so. Anyone that has endured ruptured discs has my respect. I have been there. 5 ruptured discs, 3 which are now replaced with titanium. I'll make an effort to catch up on your last couple of years and look forward to the rest All the very best.
    Titanium Enhanced.
    Lean Mean Machine in progress!
    Go hard or go home!

GoodyGirl's Lean Mean Machine Journal

Quote Originally Posted by GoodyGirl View Post
    So far, I'm only 6 pages into this 42 page Journal. I have quite some catching up to do! So far, I've read about spanking the monkey, wet panties and horizontal and vertical Valentine's Cardio LOL. Is this a good journal for a GoodyGirl to sub to? I think so. Anyone that has endured ruptured discs has my respect. I have been there. 5 ruptured discs, 3 which are now replaced with titanium. I'll make an effort to catch up on your last couple of years and look forward to the rest All the very best.
    I like to entertain and inform. Thanks for checking out my log. You are quite the bad ass wtih 3 titanium discs. You make me feel like a wimp.

Thanks Vin . Started the program as a placement; hopefully I can keep it going after the semester ends

You mentioned working with Special Ed kids in a highschool right? Is that who you do the Special Olympics with?
    I'm weak now, but not for long

I like to entertain and inform. Thanks for checking out my log. You are quite the bad ass wtih 3 titanium discs. You make me feel like a wimp.
    You are no wimp with the way you attack your training, considering the various injuries and set backs you have endured! What's the go with the discs in your spine at the moment? I haven't been able to filter through all of your journal yet, so I apologise if it's written in here somewhere and I have not seen it yet. An entertaining and informative journal for sure.
    Last edited by GoodyGirl; 11-25-2009 at 07:23 PM.
    Titanium Enhanced.
    Go hard or go home!

You are no wimp with the way you attack your training, considering the various injuries and set backs you have endured! What's the go with the discs in your spine at the moment? I haven't been able to filter through all of your journal yet, so I apologise if it's written in here somewhere and I have not seen it yet. An entertaining and informative journal for sure.
    I don't know what's going on with my discs. After the ruptures 12 years ago all the doctors I saw told me I could not lift anymore and were wanting to perform some pretty invasive surgeries, I decided to never go back. I just do what I can and rarely if ever go heavy on squat and deadlift movements.

Forgot to update my actual training. Sorry.

11/24

-Standing band chest presses 4x25
    -Band tricep extensions 4x25
    -SS Seated band gm's with crunches 3x15
    -SSB box squats barx10, 115x5, 155x5, 205x5, 245x5, 295x5, 335x5, 385x5, 425x5

-Contrast shower

The band stuff was for recuperation. Felt a little tender in the pecs from yesterday. Was rushed with the rest of the workout. I am going to add in some additional exercises on leg day next week.

11/25

-Jump rope 1 minute x 3
    -Indian club swings 8x10 each arm

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I am not bloating nearly like I thought I would. I'm just sick of eating all the time. Eating only twice today with no shakes was a joy. I'll get back on the wagon tomorrow. Got my bench shirt back from Ginny. Had the arms taken in a bit, I think it's going to be awesome. Get to put it on tomorrow.

I don't know what's going on with my discs. After the ruptures 12 years ago all the doctors I saw told me I could not lift anymore and were wanting to perform some pretty invasive surgeries, I decided to never go back. I just do what I can and rarely if ever go heavy on squat and deadlift movements.
    I suffered for years, had all sorts of therapies, pain relief meds, injections, cortisone shots, the list goes on. Eventually things got so bad, I couldn't wipe my own backside on the toilet and had to ask my husband to help me. This was the last straw. The Neurosurgeon said after the surgery that the discs were so badly ruptured and diseased that they looked like rotten crab meat when he took them out. The surgeries were horrendous and had to be performed through the front of the body, one 17cm incision down my torso was not my idea of fun, but necessary. I have photos of the titanium inserts in my journal if you fancy a peek (on page 1). Do you still suffer from acute and spontaneous bouts of pain? or are things pretty steady for now? I am doing some squats (very carefully) but will never attempt deadlifts again. Smart to avoid! I still use painkillers every day and do not sleep very well from pain but that's the way it is. It could be worse. I hope your discs on the most part are asymptomatic.
    Titanium Enhanced.
    Go hard or go home!

I suffered for years, had all sorts of therapies, pain relief meds, injections, cortisone shots, the list goes on. Eventually things got so bad, I couldn't wipe my own backside on the toilet and had to ask my husband to help me. This was the last straw. The Neurosurgeon said after the surgery that the discs were so badly ruptured and diseased that they looked like rotten crab meat when he took them out. The surgeries were horrendous and had to be performed through the front of the body, one 17cm incision down my torso was not my idea of fun, but necessary. I have photos of the titanium inserts in my journal if you fancy a peek (on page 1). Do you still suffer from acute and spontaneous bouts of pain? or are things pretty steady for now? I am doing some squats (very carefully) but will never attempt deadlifts again. Smart to avoid! I still use painkillers every day and do not sleep very well from pain but that's the way it is. It could be worse. I hope your discs on the most part are asymptomatic.
    I get acute pain on occasion. Then there are just bouts of nagging pain. Once in a while, it just feels normanl. Certainly nothing like you have dealt with. I wish you continued improvements with your back.

I get acute pain on occasion. Then there are just bouts of nagging pain. Once in a while, it just feels normanl. Certainly nothing like you have dealt with. I wish you continued improvements with your back.
    Since having the ops, I've managed to avoid those sudden acute bouts of pain, which is a good thing! Like you, it's the nagging pain that's pretty normal. Thanks for your best wishes. Right back at 'ya! Back's are taken for granted until they're screwed! I'll be keeping an eye on your training journal. Catch you 'round.
    Titanium Enhanced.
    Go hard or go home!

Vincent, what was up with you? Were you sick or something? I noticed you saying your body was starting to feel good again etc.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!