The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 50 of 125 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 3106
    dude 21.4 % at your height and weight is rediculous, you could cut to 240 and be a bodybuilder. im probably 22% but taller then you and 35 lbs lighter lol
    2000 or bust

Quote Originally Posted by Stumprrp View Post
    dude 21.4 % at your height and weight is rediculous, you could cut to 240 and be a bodybuilder. im probably 22% but taller then you and 35 lbs lighter lol
    You are too kind!

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

1/25

Monday

-Tabata 4 minutes, pushups/blast strap ext/scarecrows/band push press

Was going to go for a walk with the weight vest today, but it was pouring out. I have a touch of a cold and did not think being outside in the rain would be a good idea. The tabata was done at a slow pace. I just wanted to get a little work in.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

seriously dude you could make Franco look bad! lol
    2000 or bust

1/26

Tuesday

35 minute walk outside with 34 lb. weight vest

One day closer to the meet

1/27

Wednesday

-Band assisted pullups 4x10
    -Standing dumbell curls 15 3x15
    -Various shoulder rotations 8x10

Just trying to keep busy. I have put on a few lbs. and am feeling a little sluggish. I'm looking forward to competing this weekend and then getting back to dieting and conditoning.

1/28

Thursday

-Shoveled driveway

I planned on doing a little exercise. We had some snow so I figured I'd shovel. I gave the wife the day off.

I'm as ready as I can be to compete. Everything I eat is right at the top of my throat. I'm pretty nervous which is the norm for me before I compete.

You have been looking great the last few months. Just gotta put it all together now bro. SFW!

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:520 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Best of luck on your meet Vin.

See you tomorrow!

TJW
    Good luck Vin! I can't wait to see what you hit!

Good luck tomorrow Vin. Hoping for a huge pr.
    JERSEY IRON MEMBER
    BENCH ONLY

BEST BENCHES PRE INJURY(JUNE 12)
    780@242 MP
    820@275 MP

BEST BENCHES POST INJURY
    705@275 SP

Good luck Vin!!
    5'9". 34.-----------------------------BEST LIFTS-----------------------GOALS
    Bodyweight-------------------------BE 280 x 1------------------------BE 300 x 1
    Jan 2009: 151 lbs----------------SQ 365 x 2-----------------------SQ 400 x 1
    Jan 2010: 221 lbs----------------DL 405 x 1------------------------DL 500 x 1
    Current: 214 lbs
    bulking again -- working on my DL

Good luck big guy!!!
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements
    Vanilla Gorilla

S.F.W! See you tomorrow.

You are going to do great Vin, kill it!
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Suck it, Wenning.
    Roll Tide.

TJW
    Awesome work Vin! Glad to see you get that shirted PR! All your hard work has paid off and I know your brother would be proud. You are an inspiration to us all.

Just wanted to say awesome job! Saw the video and it looked great! Congratulations!
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Way to come back on that 3rd attempt, and SMASH a pr on your 4th! Nice seeing you and Rhodes.

Thanks everyone. It was a great day. I'm going to get working on a write up soon. By the way, Karsten is just fooling around with the Wenning remark. It was his wr I took for the open class.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 01-31-2010 at 04:30 PM.

Meet write up from 1/30/10 IPA New Jersey State Open

As many of you know, I lost my brother a little over a month ago. Originally I was planning on competing in the Lexen next weekend, but I just did not have that trip in me. There was a part of me that thought about not competing at all. Well, I got so many calls, texts, emails, and posts that I should continue to train. So I found a meet close to home and forged ahead. Thanks everyone.

So I started meet day with the handsome Karsten "DD" Luca and Matt "MFR" Rhodes showing up at my house for a quick drive to Jersey. My lovely wife Jessica served as our chauffeur and cooler carrier. As soon as I arrived, I went and weighed in. I ended up being 299. I was 288 last week and that was a little more than I wanted to cut to go 275 so I plumped up a little for the meet.

The flights were posted. There was to be one flight of squatters and two flights of benchers. There would be a 30-40 minute break after the squats and then the bench only flight would go. I started warming up when the squats began. When I bench on Friday nights, I take my time. From warmups to the last bench, the session can go close the 3 hours. So I make sure to plan accordingly at the meet. I rolled my pecs with a softball, and the rest of my body with a therapy stick. Then I swung an indian club to open up my shoulders, stretch out my pecs, and my wrists. After that I did 4 sets of 10 each of pushups, jumping jacks, and bodyweight squats. I had one last thing to do before I got on a bench to start moving weights. I took a permanent marker out and wrote my brother's initials on my forearms.

So I got on a bench and took the following warmups: the barx50, 135x10, 225x10, 315x3, 405x1, 495x1. I almost forgot to mention, I was sitting on one of my shirts and I had my wife sitting on the other throughout the squat flight. I think it helps to warm up the shirts. So now I popped on my bigger Ace bench shirt. I took 585x1 to a 2 board and 675x1 to a one baord.

Now to the lifting. I took 725 for a nice easy opener, three whites. I was happy because I was in the meet and took the IPA master world record with that lift, but that's not really what I was looking for. I put on my smaller Ace bench shirt and went for 810 next. The weight got away from me on the way down and started drifting off to one side. One of my training partners Brian, called for them to take it. So I headed back to my seat while the rest of the crew tended to our training partner Tee Tee (who by the way, ended up with an incredibly easy 855 for the day). I did not get down, I had missed a few lifts in training and always came back to get them no matter what it took. When I got ready to take the 810 again, I stopped thinking. I stopped thinking about finally getting a new pr, doing it for my brother, keeping my toes up, squeezing the bar, should I wet my shirt down, etc. When the time came, I wrapped my wrists and told Karsten just to take the slack out of my shirt and belt it. We had pulled the collar up, down, and all around for the past couple of months. I did not need any tricks, I just needed to do what I know how to do. I got under the bar, Rhodes gave me a perfect lift, and I smashed it. If there was 850+ on the bar that lift, it would have went. Everything just lined up. So after a quick celebration I asked for a 4th to take the IPA 308 open record. It was 815, so I figured 820 should do. Well, everything was going wrong with the lift, it began to drift on one side, I cocked my wrists back, it took forever to touch, but I persevered, got a press call, and drove it up for three whites. It felt awesome.

I have to thank a ton of people for this great day. My family, especially my wife, parents, and my sister-in-law, we have all pulled together during a really rough time in our lives. The unbelievable amount of people from the powerlifting community who have reached out to me. There are so many of you that I really can't name you all. However, I do have to mention our training crew: Brian, Drew, Josh, Karsten, Kristen (yes, we bench with a chick and I hope that's how she spells her name), Rhodes (your not an outsider even though you moved to the land of the bad accent) and Tee. You are all incredible. You are family to me. It's hard not to succeed when you have the support that we do. I look forward to helping you all hit some new pr's yourselves. I do feel a need to thank Travis Bell, Rob Luyando, and Dave Tate for saying the right things at the right time to keep me going. Thanks to my extended family here at WBB and over at team EFS. Last but not least, I really appreciate my sponsors AtLargeNutrition and EliteFTS. I have great supplements, great gear, and great support from two companies that really support powerlifting.

In parting I want to say what a great meet Gene and Ame Rychlak, John Bott, Mark Chaillet, and Carl Seeker ran. The judging was fair and consistent. The venue was great. The equipment was awesome. It was a very well run meet and I was proud to be a part of it. The IPA is really making a great presence all over the northeast now.

Here's the vid of my lifting:
    Video
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 01-31-2010 at 08:59 PM.

Congrats Vin that's awesome man,
    JERSEY IRON MEMBER
    BENCH ONLY

BEST BENCHES PRE INJURY(JUNE 12)
    780@242 MP
    820@275 MP

BEST BENCHES POST INJURY
    705@275 SP

Great write up Vincent. You continue to provide me with intense motivation and friendship, both of which I can't tell you how much I appreciate.

You're going to hit some serious numbers this year!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    Great write up Vincent. You continue to provide me with intense motivation and friendship, both of which I can't tell you how much I appreciate.

You're going to hit some serious numbers this year!
    The feeling is mutual.