Page 54 of 125 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 3106

Thread: Vincent Dizenzo Training Log

3/17/10
    Wednesday

-Treadmill, 30 minutes on incline

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

3/18/10

AM cardio on empty stomach, 30 minutes interval

This is my second low carb day in a row. My big treat later is 1/3 cup of cashews with meal 4 and 2 tbsp of natural peanut butter with meal 5. A couple more months of this and I'll be somewhere between Glenn Ross and Mariusz Pudzianowski.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    3/18/10

AM cardio on empty stomach, 30 minutes interval

This is my second low carb day in a row. My big treat later is 1/3 cup of cashews with meal 4 and 2 tbsp of natural peanut butter with meal 5. A couple more months of this and I'll be somewhere between Glenn Ross and Mariusz Pudzianowski.
    LMFAO Keep up the good work Vin! I have been adding in mobility and rehab work whenever something bothers me, ankles shoulders knees, etc.. the extra things I do seem to help in the recovery process. It seems that the little things you do on your off days, can add up and make a big difference for the training days. (Contrast Showers, Foam Rolling, Little extra walking etc...) Anyways just wanted to show some love on your training log. SFW!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyByGamma View Post
    LMFAO Keep up the good work Vin! I have been adding in mobility and rehab work whenever something bothers me, ankles shoulders knees, etc.. the extra things I do seem to help in the recovery process. It seems that the little things you do on your off days, can add up and make a big difference for the training days. (Contrast Showers, Foam Rolling, Little extra walking etc...) Anyways just wanted to show some love on your training log. SFW!
    Thanks, it seems that I have lost my luster. Nobody cares about little old me. Thanks for the love brother.

thanks, it seems that i have lost my luster. Nobody cares about little old me. Thanks for the love brother.
    oh youre still hot in my book vin
    Best Raw Squatter and Sponsored by the Best AtLarge Nutrition, Titan, and APT.

we are all still here vin. we are just holding our breath for your next pr.

Ha ha, thanks guys. Just having a pity party for myself. I am weak right now. Dieting is taking some of the life out of me.

3/19/10

-Warmup-a bunch of stuff including medicine ball slams, jumping jacks, band work, rolling upper and lower body, blast strap work, and bodyweigh squats
    -Bench 135x10, 225x10, 315x5, 405x1, 495x1 add 62 Ace: 2 board 605x1, 1 board 705x1, to chest 775x0
    -Standing overhead rack lockouts 235x5, 225x5, 315x5

I felt weaker than I ever have. I missed 775. I could not touch and was in the hole for a long time, but it did get in my head a bit. I was going to take it again, but I figured why bother. I neededed to do some brainstorming. Here's some thoughts, cadio is deadening my legs, but it's a necessary evil. As I'm cutting bodyfat, I need to reevaluate my plan. For my lifting career I have relied heavily on brute strength. With the weight loss I need to become a better technician. I also need a new plan. I do not have the intensity for ME work at this time. I am going to go with block periodization for my next meet. This way I'll be working volume while I am cutting for the next month to six weeks. As I level off with dieting, I'll be able to start hitting the heavier weights. That's my hope. I just need my training partner and CSCS Brian Holloway to work my program out. I just fear what he'll want me to do for him.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 03-20-2010 at 03:43 PM.

TJW
    Vin, I'm always checkin out your log here and on elite, just to make sure I didn't miss anything, I just don't post much. I'm looking forward to seeing how the weight loss and block periodization goes. I'm sure you'll do well and you're still motivation for us youngsters.

3/20/10

-AM cardio, 30 minutes interval

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Awesome to see you cutting Vinnie I look forward to your progress
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

I am no where near your level of strength but trying to lift heavy in a calorie deficent/extra cardio state is one of the hardest things I have ever done period. 75% of my lifting has been done that way. I can't stand feeling weak at my level and it must be torture to do it at your level.

Just remember that people that are successful in most endevours are willing to do what others can't and/or won't.

Keep at it!
    "The deadlift is more functional in that itís very hard to imagine a more useful application of strength than picking heavy *h*t up off the ground" Rip

Max 3x5 Goal 3x5 by 12/31/11 *1X5
    Bench (245) (275) 285x1x1 335
    Dead (385)* (445) 435x1x1 505
    Squat (320) (355) 355X1X1 405
    Squat (195) (275) 20 Reppers!
    (950) (1075) 1075 1245 Goals (Not including 20 reps)
    5'10" 288Lbs 02/01/2011 Goal Weight 230 On my way back from a Break!

650 raw will never happen at 2 hundred and anything pounds.
    Roll Tide.

Good luck with the Block programming! I love it, and have added a few belt sizes and neck sizes since I started it back in September. Of course my addiction to cookies has nothing to do with this. ..

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasG View Post
    Awesome to see you cutting Vinnie I look forward to your progress
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny99 View Post
    I am no where near your level of strength but trying to lift heavy in a calorie deficent/extra cardio state is one of the hardest things I have ever done period. 75% of my lifting has been done that way. I can't stand feeling weak at my level and it must be torture to do it at your level.

Just remember that people that are successful in most endevours are willing to do what others can't and/or won't.

Keep at it!
    Quote Originally Posted by ehubbard View Post
    Good luck with the Block programming! I love it, and have added a few belt sizes and neck sizes since I started it back in September. Of course my addiction to cookies has nothing to do with this. ..
    Thanks guys. The support means a lot to me. This is especially difficult at my advanced age.

Quote Originally Posted by KarstenDD View Post
    650 raw will never happen at 2 hundred and anything pounds.
    You sir, are a bastard!
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 03-22-2010 at 05:52 AM.

Good Luck Vin on your weight drop U will bounce back and start crushing PRs in no time.
    Best Raw Squatter and Sponsored by the Best AtLarge Nutrition, Titan, and APT.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong51 View Post
    Good Luck Vin on your weight drop U will bounce back and start crushing PRs in no time.
    Yeah, but everytime I look at you I want to pack the beef on, you monster. At the lighter weight, the days of 6 plus plates on each end of the bar for a raw bench will be long behind me. That's tough to realize. Carry the torch proudly my friend!

3/21/10

-SS Situps w/ seated band good monrings 3x10
    -SSB Box squats barx10, 155x5, 245x5, 295x5, 340x5, 395x5
    -Trap bar dl, lower handle 135x5, 225x1, 295x1, 340x1, 395 5x1

-Treadmill 30 minutes incline

Wannabebig Member
    Vinny, did you get the PM I sent you?

3/22/10

-30 minutes treadmill, inlcine training
    -Blast strap circuit push ups, tri ext, face pulls 3x10

3/23/10

-t bar row 45x10, 90x10, 135 3x10
    -Pulldowns to sternum 50x10, 90x10, 140 3x10
    -Barbell curls 25x10, 40x10, 50 3x10

*Short on time, got a quick workout in.

3/24/10

-30 minutes tradmill, interval training
    -30 minute walk with 40 lb. weight vest

3/25/10

-30 minutes treadmill, incline training
    -30 minute walk with 40 lb weight vest

3/26/10

-Close grip bench 360 2x6, 330 3x6
    -Piston pumps w/avg band 4x15
    -SS tbar row 90 6x10 w/ pushdowns 50 4x15
    -SS rolling dbell tri ext 35 5x12 w/ pulldowns 90 4x15

Sorry I have not been around much. I am behind on my log and answering questions, but I'm doing the best I can right now. Life continues to be busy. Just trying to keep my head above water with everything going on.

I'm getting my work in and that's important. I started block periodization on Friday. The numbers were based on a 600 raw. I'm currently 277 down from 325, and I'm certain I am not a 600 raw bencher right now. So, I dropped the percentage to go with 550. I am going to work the shirted numbers around 750. I'm on my way down with my bf and my weight, so it's more about that process right now than the number on the bar.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 03-27-2010 at 09:46 PM.

Life continues to be busy.
    I enjoy reading your journal as much as the next guy, but there are more important things than internet forums. Post whenever you can and don't feel bad about NOT posting every day.
    5'9". 34.-----------------------------BEST LIFTS-----------------------GOALS
    Bodyweight-------------------------BE 280 x 1------------------------BE 300 x 1
    Jan 2009: 151 lbs----------------SQ 365 x 2-----------------------SQ 400 x 1
    Jan 2010: 221 lbs----------------DL 405 x 1------------------------DL 500 x 1
    Current: 214 lbs
    bulking again -- working on my DL

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    I enjoy reading your journal as much as the next guy, but there are more important things than internet forums. Post whenever you can and don't feel bad about NOT posting every day.
    Thanks, much appreciated.

3/28/10

-SS Seated band gm's 4x15 w/ crunches 4x15
    -SSB box squats 65x5, 155x3, 245x3, 315x3, 365x3, 415x3
    -SS Barbell curls 60 4x15 w/ plate shrugs 4x15

-30 minutes treadmill on incline

Training partners competed this weekend. Here's the review.

Saturday

I helped out at the IPA Rhode Island meet. As usual Gene put on a great meet. It ran very smoothly. Judging was fair and consistent. Trophies went out just a few moments after the last deadlift was dropped. An old friend Chuck Sherza helped host the event. He hit a pr 745 bench, nice job Chuck.

Our guys did pretty well. Matt Rhodes, the stepchild of the crew is up in Baston now, but we still helped him out. He went 3 for 3 in the squat with all whites. After that, Sanata Claus and the Easter Bunny stopped by. Seriously, Matt buried his squats. He had no choice, I called him. He almost tied a pr bench at 30 lbs lighter, and pulled well.

Cristin put up her first total. I'm proud of her for just getting on the platform. It's always fun to watch someone compete in their first meet. I think she learned it's much harder to go after 9 lifts in one day then trying to hit one in isolation each workout.

Brian our fearless leader had an interesting day. He competed in the iron man, I'm still not sure what that means, but he benched and then tried to stand up with weight. His first bench went well enough and then his second came back at his face with the speed you would motorboat a stripper. Thankfuly his massive gullett stopped it in time. I give him credit for even getting under the bar for a third. He almost had it, but I think his CNS was fried.

After that he did the stand up thing. I think he hit a pr. The best thing about Brian is that he brought his adorable wife. Man did he marry over his head. It was very cold in the gym so I offered her many hugs to keep her warm thoughout the day. At least there was one highlight to my day.

Last and least, Karsten, my training partner, project, and squishy friend. He did pretty damn well for having an awful training cycle. He had good openers on the squat and bench. He also ground two very hard lifts out on each. It was impressive. He pulled really well, but then again, he's single and has lots of practice tugging. Great job Karsten. Now it's time to get you out of the veal cage and put some muscle on you son. Block starts soon. Start packing ice in the freezer now, you are going to need it.

Sunday

Yeah, after training I went and hooked up with Drew who was competing. He was too selfish to compete with the rest of us on Saturday. He hit a pr opener on bench and barely missed a 500. He'll get it next time. Great job considering he came off a three month layoff and only hit a 10 week training cycle. Nice job Drew. Next time compete with the rest of us. I'm too tired from all this. Remember it's all about me. It's ok Drew, I really do love you in a total hetero way.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 03-29-2010 at 06:43 PM.

sounds like a fun weekend Vin. How is Gene these days? I know he was talking about getting back to lifting, is that still on the cards?

Quote Originally Posted by george okunev View Post
    sounds like a fun weekend Vin. How is Gene these days? I know he was talking about getting back to lifting, is that still on the cards?
    Sorry, I really never discussed it with him. I don't know about his lifting, but I sure hope he keeps running meets. He does a fantastic job.