Page 56 of 125 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 3106

Thread: Vincent Dizenzo Training Log

Congrats on the weight loss Vince!

Remind me (I am stupid) are you cutting weight for a competition or just cause you want to/health reasons?

It;s a great feeling when clothes feel loose and you can actually start to see a few veins. I am proud of my biceps vein now lol.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

Quote Originally Posted by george okunev View Post
    OH NO!! You sound like a bodybuilder. say it aint so. if you have spent time checking out your veins, that the first sign of you turning. you know what Yoda said "veins lead to posing, posing leads to tanning lotion, tanning lotion is WRONG"

Awsome stuff Vince, its great that your getting rewards for all the hard work you are putting in.
    Thanks. It's a struggle on a few levels. I feel like I miss more about being big than I enjoy being smaller (in better shape I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Clough View Post
    Congrats on the weight loss Vince!

Remind me (I am stupid) are you cutting weight for a competition or just cause you want to/health reasons?

It;s a great feeling when clothes feel loose and you can actually start to see a few veins. I am proud of my biceps vein now lol.
    I know you have been working on getting in better shape, good job.

Regarding my weight loss, I jump started it in the fall, I was 325 at the end of the summer. I got down twenty something pounds and then just hovered. Then my brother passed away and I just did not have a lot of will to eat. That got me down a little more. Then I was in limbo. To myeslf, I was no longer big, but I was not in good shape either. I really don't like that in between state. Being 40, I figured it was a wise decision to go lighter rather than heavier.

As far as I'm concerned I'm still not in good shape, but I'm working on it. I'm 277 right now. I'm hoping I'll like where I am at around 260.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

4/7/10

Wednesday

-SS front squats 145 2x10 w/gripstick 3x20
    -SS Step ups 2x10 w/band side bends 2x15
    -Hammer curls 50 3x10 w/shrugs 145 3x10

-Treadmill, 30 minutes hiit interval

This is an extra workout for me. Just some light accessory work to keep moving.

Damn it's hot today. I really want to throw the ac on.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

4/8/10

Thursday

-Treadmill, 30 minutes incline
    -Wrist supination/pronation dumbell twists 4x10
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 04-10-2010 at 08:53 PM.

Hey brother. I had to flip on the A/C finally here in TX. It was 80 degrees in the house when I woke up one day, can't sleep in that kind of heat.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Hey brother. I had to flip on the A/C finally here in TX. It was 80 degrees in the house when I woke up one day, can't sleep in that kind of heat.
    I'm holding off this year. I have had our ac on as early as March and we live in New England. I usually have a goal of not turning on the heat until November. I'm going to shoot for June with the ac.

4/9/10

Friday

-Bench 385 5x4
    -SS tbar row 135 6x10 w/pushdowns 80 4x15
    -SS Fat bar pulldowns 130 4x15 w/rolling dbell tri ext 5x12
    -Avg band piston pumps 4x15

4/11/10

Saturday

-Treadmill, 30 minutes hiit

Lower Deload
    -SSB box squats 275/295/320 x5
    -Trap bar dl upper handles 275/295/320 x5
    -Dumbell curls 6x10

Alright, it's time for me to unplug. I trained lower one day early. It was a low carb day, but it wasn't bad because it was a deload. I am completely burnt out on every level of my life. Work, training, and some persoanl stuff has just been a drag. I need to unplug. Jess and I are going away for a few days. We are going to a bed and breakfast and spa. I am going to relax, eat what I want, and drink some adult beverages which I rarely do. When I return, I hope to be recharged to face the world. Catch you all when I get back.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 04-10-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    4/9/10
    Alright, it's time for me to unplug. I trained lower one day early. It was a low carb day, but it wasn't bad because it was a deload. I am completely burnt out on every level of my life. Work, training, and some persoanl stuff has just been a drag. I need to unplug. Jess and I are going away for a few days. We are going to a bed and breakfast and spa. I am going to relax, eat what I want, and drink some adult beverages which I rarely do. When I return, I hope to be recharged to face the world. Catch you all when I get back.
    Heck yeah man, that's what I'm talking about. 3 more weeks until I get my week away from it all. Have fun, be safe. Enjoy yourself. Will catch you when you get back.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Awsome idea vince. every thing gets stronger when you rest not when you work out. see you soon and have the best time.
    Last edited by george okunev; 04-12-2010 at 11:39 PM.

I'm baaaaack!

4/13

Tuesday

-Bench 355 2x5
    -Seated pulley row 110 5x12
    -Pushdowns 55 4x15
    -Seated dumbell tri ext 35 4x15
    -Seated dumbell press 55 4x15
    -Mini band face pulls and pullaparts 4x15
    *all sets done with 1 minute rest

Got back from a short vacation. I had a very nice and relaxing time with my beautiful wife. We spent a few days at a bed and breakfast in Newport, RI. Monday we went to a spa. We both got a great massage. While Jess was getting a manicure and pedicure, I grabbed a steam, spent some time in the pool, and the whirlpool as well. We ate lunch and then I proceeded to sleep like a baby back in our room. I thought it might have been my body just relaxing after the spa. I was not so lucky, it turns out I was getting sick. I have some kind of chest cold/infection going on.

Of course I ate a bunch of crappy food and ended up feeling like crap. I think I am losing my taste for bad foods. I actually looked forward to getting home and back to my diet.

I thought working out yesterday might help me feel better, nope. I feel awful today-Wednesday. I probably won't be able to hit cardio for the next few days. Hopefully I'll be able to catch Friday's bench workout. I'm crossing my fingers.

Vince, I'm starting to know the feeling of bad food. We had a banquet at work, I wasn't even semi interested in cake or any of the junk there. Start my low carb cycle so I had 1 sausage and a hamburger patty. Good to have you back, and putting up some nice numbers.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Vince, I'm starting to know the feeling of bad food. We had a banquet at work, I wasn't even semi interested in cake or any of the junk there. Start my low carb cycle so I had 1 sausage and a hamburger patty. Good to have you back, and putting up some nice numbers.
    Clearly there is something wrong with us Mark. It's good to be back. Good luck with the diet.

Thanks bud, it's gotten a whole lot easier here lately. It pays off when you have people asking how much you've lost, saying your face looks thinner, and especially when you have to crank down on your belt because your jeans don't fit anymore. It's an awesome feeling that makes this madness all worth it.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

welcome back. sorry to hear about your cold. NOW SHAKE IT OF AND BACK TO WORK!!! Its always the case, you need a holiday to recover from your holiday.

When are you competing next?

Quote Originally Posted by george okunev View Post
    welcome back. sorry to hear about your cold. NOW SHAKE IT OF AND BACK TO WORK!!! Its always the case, you need a holiday to recover from your holiday.

When are you competing next?
    June 26th. IPA Worlds in York, PA.

4/18/10

Saturday

-Bench 400 5x4
    -Piston pumps avg band 4x15
    -SS tbar row 135 6x10 w/pushdowns 70 4x15
    -SS rolling dbell tri ext 35 5x12 w/pulldowns 130 4x15

Still a little sick, that's why I trained on Saturday instead of the usual Friday. I figured an extra day would help. I got work in and that's what's important.

4/19/10

Sunday

-Treadmill, 30 minutes steady state w/slight incline

-Farmers walk 150' x 2

Did not want to push the treadmill too much. My cold is lingering. The farmers handles are in my shed. After I mowed the lawn and put the tractor away, I figured a little extra gpp could not hurt, evidently I was feeling a little better than my am cardio session. Interestingly, the farmers walk was much easier at my lighter weight. I figure as I got lighter it would be harder to physically hold the weight, I was pleasantly surprised.

LOL I guess the less you carry "of you" the more you can carry with you. Have you set your self a goal as to what weight you want to press and which weight division you want to enter in?

Vince, 400x5x4, man I love that. I can't wait until I can press 300x5x4, let alone 400. Good stuff with those farmers walks too. Like George said, it would make sense that you could go longer at a lighter BW, wouldn't be as taxing on your body, slower fatigue time overall. Looking good.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Sick benching buddy.

Looks like you are doing quite well at your bodyweight.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Thanks everyone. The 400 for 5x4 felt heavier than it should have. Perhaps it was becuase I was sick, training in my basement, taking liftoffs from my wife. I feel pretty strong at 275, but I am not satisfied with my body composition. I am hoping 260 will be the ticket. At 260 I can make a relatively easy cut to 242. My goal is to compete at IPA Worlds at 242 and hit at least a 705 bench. That would put me in the current top ten for multiply. After that I am going to bulk back up to 275 for Europa Superlifing Bench this summer. Then I'll cut again again for the fall.

4/19/10

Monday

-Treadmill 30 minutes slight incline
    -SSB box squats 300x5, 340x5, 395x5
    -Trab bar dl upper handle 300x5, 340x5, 395x5
    -Hammer curls 50 6x10

Still not 100% back from being sick, but I'm still chugging along.

Just wanted to say Congratulations to one of our crew Josh Flores (WBB name Jonah) who hit a 1955 total at the IPA Powerpalooza this past weekend. That would rank him 12th as a 308 multiply lifter on PlWatch for 2010 so far. A few years back Josh snapped his forearm in half while benching at a meet. He had balls to come back at all. He put is time in and is starting to climb that ladder. Well done J-Bone.

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    Just wanted to say Congratulations to one of our crew Josh Flores (WBB name Jonah) who hit a 1955 total at the IPA Powerpalooza this past weekend. That would rank him 12th as a 308 multiply lifter on PlWatch for 2010 so far. A few years back Josh snapped his forearm in half while benching at a meet. He had balls to come back at all. He put is time in and is starting to climb that ladder. Well done J-Bone.
    He did have a great meet. I thought he had the 800 lb squat. Good benching and pulling too. Though, he almost got outpulled by a 61 year old.

And I have to add Vince, your entire crew seems like good guys. Very supportive of each other, and of all the other lifters.
    Last edited by joey54; 04-20-2010 at 07:06 PM.

Hey Vin your training is looking really good. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of diet are you on? I'm looking to lose some weight so I can get into better shape and maybe try different weight classes. Thanks!!!!!
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life