Page 58 of 125 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 3106

Thread: Vincent Dizenzo Training Log

5/4/10
    Tuesday

-Treadmill, 40 minutes steady

-Rev band bench 5 sets 405x5
    -SS 2 sets dumbell press 100x10/dumbell row 100x10/overhead cable tri ext 50x10

Quick easy work. The rev band bench was lighter than it should have been. It was the first week doing these on my own in the basement.

The assistance kicked my ass a bit. I ran through it quickly and they are exercises I never do. I have spent many years in my comfort zone. I think changing things up this training cycle is working well.

I'm going to train with the boys tomorrow. Actually, I will be doing very litte. I just want to bless Rhodes with my presence and welcome him back to town.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Getting the band back together is always a fun time.

Quote Originally Posted by joey54 View Post
    Getting the band back together is always a fun time.
    I like it, very clever.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

5/5/10
    Wednesday

Got my bodyfat measured today. Brian did a three fold calculation. It was the same method he used when I started the strict diet 8 weeks ago. I started at 24% at 290 and now I'm down to 20% at 275. I am pleased with my progress. I am on track to hit 18% at the end of the twelve weeks.

Taking everything into consideration, I might not be able to compete at 242's in June. I thought I would have taken more weight off by now. However, I am losing bf at a very nice pace. My goal was 18% so I am going to focus on that for now. When I hit that, I'll reevaluate.

-Treadmill, 20 minutes hiit

-SS 3 sets dbell hammer curls 25x10/dbell shrugs 90x15
    -Chain gm's 2 chains 3x10
    -Crunches 3x15
    -Band side bends 3x30
    -Band TKE's 3x10

Did some foam rolling and stretching. Just got a little work in tonight. It was good to get out and train with the guys on a Wednesday.

That is awsome news Vince. How do you think it effected your strength? You did an awsome trap bar dead and you do say that some things you lift feel easier than they should. Maybe its good news all around. A leaner, stronger vince, now in light version. lol

Quote Originally Posted by george okunev View Post
    That is awsome news Vince. How do you think it effected your strength? You did an awsome trap bar dead and you do say that some things you lift feel easier than they should. Maybe its good news all around. A leaner, stronger vince, now in light version. lol
    Thanks George. My weights have been so low with the block training that I really don't know where my strength is. I was thinking about taking a 500 raw tonight before my shirt work. I can usually tell my strength by how that moves. However, I am having some forearm pain in my right arm I'm going to have to keep an eye on. If I don't feel right, I'll abort benching tonight.

5/6/10
    Thursday

-30 minute walk with 20lb weight vest

I was very limited with my time. I did not get my 40 minutes on the treadmill. I was able to get over my parents house and take a walk with them and their spirited yellow lab. I'm glad I prioritized.

5/7/10
    Friday

-Bench, warmed up to 495x1 raw
    66 Ace 615 to 1 board 2x3
    66 Ace 615 to 1/2 board 2x3
    66 Ace 615 to chest 1x3
    60 Ace 635 to 2 board inside grip 1x0
    60 Ace 675 to 3 board comp grip 4x3

-Contrast shower

This was a brutal session. Block periodization in the gear is tough. For the second half of the session I am supposed to use a tighter shirt. This is the first time I used the 60. It's my tightest shirt. I actually need someone to pull it on for me. It takes almost 10 seconds to get it on me. I know it sounds funny, but that's tight for me. Anyway, I am supposed to use a closer grip for these sets and go to a 2 board. I felt like I was going to break my wrists. We made the decision to soak the shirt, fight to a comp grip and use a 3 board. That worked much better, and I got all my work in.

Brian put together a great program for me. The poor guy has to babysit me all the time. I still hate him! I really am a pain in the ass. Karsten gave great liftoffs all night. I'm glad I can help him improve his deadlift. Im a giver. DJ Karsten also supplied us with an all AC/DC ipod mix. It was awesome. I felt like I was training at Ano's Metal Gym. Thanks to Josh, Drew, and Cristin also. I am so spoiled to work with such a great crew.

I got home and took a nice contrast shower. I really needed it. Tomorrow I need to ice my hands and foam roll my hips and use a therapy stick on my groin. My legs were punished during this session.

Here's the vid:

Video

5/8/10
    Saturday

-Treadmill, 40 minutes hiit

Taking Mom out tonight for an early Mother's Day meal. I'll get to watch everyone eat all the things I want, while I have a salad, a steak, and some spinach. Damn you 242's.

Hey Vin, do you still pull out the 40 lb vest? I don't think i have seen it in here for a while.
    5'9". 34.-----------------------------BEST LIFTS-----------------------GOALS
    Bodyweight-------------------------BE 280 x 1------------------------BE 300 x 1
    Jan 2009: 151 lbs----------------SQ 365 x 2-----------------------SQ 400 x 1
    Jan 2010: 221 lbs----------------DL 405 x 1------------------------DL 500 x 1
    Current: 214 lbs
    bulking again -- working on my DL

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    Hey Vin, do you still pull out the 40 lb vest? I don't think i have seen it in here for a while.
    I pulled out the 20 the other day. However, I am not doing so on a regular basis because I am spending so much time on the damned treadmill nowadays. Plus, I am not doing anymore dog walks. That's when I would wear them the most. I get too depressed when I walk outside without the distraction of the tv like on the treadmill, my mind wanders too much. I'm still dealing with my brother's passing.

5/9/10
    Sunday

-Treadmill 40 minutes hiit

Circuit x4
    -Band gm's x10
    -Dumbell step ups 20x10
    -Lying leg raises x15
    -Shrugs 70x15
    -TKE's x10
    -Dumbell curls 30x10

My back is still all jacked up. I just want to get some core work and keep the body moving so that's what I did.

I hit an all new low bodyweight of 271. I don't think I have been that light in over a decade. I might just make 260 by 6/25 afterall. Then it's an easy 18lb cut. We'll see.

If benching does not pan out, I can always become a waif model.

Awesome job with the weight loss Vin, impressive stuff. I know it sucks to lose someone close to you, there are days still today where I dwell on my fathers passing. It's tough bro, real tough. Keep at it man, we're all here for you.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Awesome job with the weight loss Vin, impressive stuff. I know it sucks to lose someone close to you, there are days still today where I dwell on my fathers passing. It's tough bro, real tough. Keep at it man, we're all here for you.
    Thanks. All of the support has helped so much. I don't know what I would do without all the sport and all of the great people in it.

5/10/10
    Monday

-Reverse band bench 425 4x5
    -SS dumbell press 70 3x10/pushowns 70 3x10/one arm rows 90 3x10

-Treadmill, 50 minutes moderate

I bought a used set of powerblock dumbells the other day off of ebay. I got to try them out today. I really like them. I don't have the space for a full set of dumbells, nor do I want to pay for that many dumbells. The only problem is that the blocks only go to 90. They sell an add on to bring it up to 130. That should be sufficient for a small basement gym.

I was very unmotivated today, but I got some work in.

Lastly, treadmill time is up to 50 minutes six times a week. I was down to 270 this morning. It must be paying off.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 05-11-2010 at 07:02 AM.

5/11/10
    Tuesday

-Treadmill, 30 minutes hiit

Nothing of much importance to report. I did see the new Rhodestown mascot on tv yesterday. It's a 1 yr old 50 lb rabbit from England. He might not be 275, but he's trying really hard to get there. However, I don't think he's much of a deadlifter.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 05-12-2010 at 05:53 AM.

5/12/10
    Wednesday

-Treamill, 50 minutes steady

-Trap bar dl 275 3x5
    -Rope curls 20x10, 30x10, 40x10 50 2x10

Man I had 0 energy today. Cardio in conjuction with the diet is taking its toll. I think I need to start getting more sleep. My back is still tweaked, but I needed to get back to deadlifting. I know it was light enough for a middle school girl, but I felt better about myself for doing them.

Awesome training and progress on the weight loss Vin! Listen to your body for the Comp in June and don't come down too fast. You can always be a 242 for the next competition, there will always be a next competition. Anyway I think its cool your getting into shape but still training your butt off.

You might just inspire me to cut down weight too for powerlifting, am 265lbs right now on the nose, for Strongman, although the temptation to the induction to Rhodestown at 275+ is tempting, I guess its all about were one feels comfortable.

Anyways Vin, SFW!

Thanks Tony. You gotta take a shot at Rhodestown. It's always a good excuse to blow up for a bit. I miss the place.

If I make it down to at least 269 by Sunday, I'll feel like 242's will be in my grasp for IPA Worlds. I would be fine going 275's if that ends up happening. It's the thought of 242's that's keeping me on track, so I gotta keep my eye on the prize.

Tunnel vision for that 242's Vin! You'll get there man, you've had stellar progress and it's been freakin awesome watching it. I bet that rabbit would be some good eats too.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Weekend Training

Friday

-Bench warmed up to 495 raw for a single
    *Add 66 Metal Ace and 1 board 645 2x2
    To 1/2 board 645 2x2
    To chest 645x1
    *Switched to 60 Ace to 3 board 675x3
    To 2.5 board 725x2
    To 2 baord 765x1

I could have done the 765 for a few reps. I was beat the whole night, but I gutted everything out pretty well. Brian said this would be my hardest week of block. I get to retire the 66 Ace until the opener for the meet. I was glad to finish up that block with it.

My next phase will be in my competition shirt, the 62. I won't be in it for another couple of weeks. I have a deload coming up. I'll be closer to competition weight by then. I'm 268 right now. The plan will be to get down to 265-4 by the time that block begins and to finish the block at 260. Then it's an easy 18lb. cut.

Cardio is going to be up to 7 days a week now at 50 minutes a day. I only do morning cardio on the weekends. I just start my day too early to do 50 minutes on the treadmill. I might start getting up a few minutes earlier for some Tabata. We'll see.

Saturday

-Treadmill, 50 minutes hiit

Spent the whole day at my friends shop. We were lifting my next truck. Customizing the grill, changing wheels and tires. Future engine modifications to come. It's my brother's Chevy Avalanche. It will be a way for me to keep a piece of him with me. It really is a gorgeous vehicle. I would not have spent that kind of money on my own. Everyone who knows me, knows I love my truck. It's a big lifted Dodge Hemi rolling on 37" tires. I call her Bertha because she's big and beautiful. I'm going to have to part with her. It's heart breaking, but it will be worth it.

Sunday

-Treadmill, 50 minutes hiit

-SS crunches 3x15/SSB seated gm's 3x10
    -SSB box squats 275 5x5
    -Dumbell curls 30x5, 35x5, 40x5, 45x5, 50x5
    -Dumbell shrugs 90 5x5

I probably finished the whole weight training session in a half an hour. Everything was light so I took minimal rest. The sad fact is my legs are killing me now a day later from that pathetic weight. For the remainder of this training cycle I am going to keep my core assistance this way. I need to save myself for my bench days considering the calorie deficit and cardio.

Speaking of calorie deficits, I no longer have any high carb days. I have three medium days and 4 low days. However, my gorgeous wife Jessica's birthday is Monday and we are going out for Italian food. It will most likely be the last big cheat meal I'll have for another 6 weeks.

Tell your wife Happy Birtday from one of your fans . And enjoy that meal. Make it last.
    5'9". 34.-----------------------------BEST LIFTS-----------------------GOALS
    Bodyweight-------------------------BE 280 x 1------------------------BE 300 x 1
    Jan 2009: 151 lbs----------------SQ 365 x 2-----------------------SQ 400 x 1
    Jan 2010: 221 lbs----------------DL 405 x 1------------------------DL 500 x 1
    Current: 214 lbs
    bulking again -- working on my DL

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    Tell your wife Happy Birtday from one of your fans . And enjoy that meal. Make it last.
    I told her. She said thank you. I made the meal last, but I did not go completely crazy.

5/17/10
    Monday

AM
    -Jump rope tabata, 4 minutes

PM
    -Rev band bench 455 2x3, 1x6
    -SS 3 sets seated dbell press 75x10/pushdowns 80x10/dbell rows 90x10

-Treadmill, 50 minutes steady

Went out to dinner with my wife and sister in law. It's always good to keep a spare dinner date in case of emergencies. I was impressed with their will power to keep their hands off of me, it must have been tough. Anwyay, Jess had a great birthday and I got to enjoy a cheat meal. It was a win--win. I ate:

A lot of bread and a lot of butter
    Caeser salad
    Penne ala vodka
    Baked stuffed shrimp
    Some ice cream cake
    3 Oreo Cakesters hidden in a cabinet
    *I wanted to keep eating, but stopped!

I was three 3 lbs heavier as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    5/17/10
    Monday

AM
    -Jump rope tabata, 4 minutes

PM
    -Rev band bench 455 2x3, 1x6
    -SS 3 sets seated dbell press 75x10/pushdowns 80x10/dbell rows 90x10

-Treadmill, 50 minutes steady

Went out to dinner with my wife and sister in law. It's always good to keep a spare dinner date in case of emergencies. I was impressed with their will power to keep their hands off of me, it must have been tough. Anwyay, Jess had a great birthday and I got to enjoy a cheat meal. It was a win--win. I ate:

A lot of bread and a lot of butter
    Caeser salad
    Penne ala vodka
    Baked stuffed shrimp
    Some ice cream cake
    3 Oreo Cakesters hidden in a cabinet
    *I wanted to keep eating, but stopped!

I was three 3 lbs heavier as a result.
    Wish your wife a belated happy bday and totally digging the hidden cakesters, better you eat then now on your cheat day, then later one a normal day.