Page 71 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 3106

Thread: Vincent Dizenzo Training Log

12-11-10 Saturday
    Squat

-Kneeling band pulldowns 3x20
    -Seated SSB gm's 5 lbs w/doubled mini bands 3x10
    -SSB box squats (box on lowest setting w/foam touch and go) 300x5, 340x5, 395x10
    -dbl shrugs 50 3x20
    -Cambered bar curl 5 lbs w/4 chains 3x10
    -Grip stic 3x20

Trained on Saturday so I could have my cheat meal (I am trying to only eat cheat meals after training). We celebrated my sister in law Jennifer's birthday. Rhodes came over for the festivities. Jennifer flung a glass of wine on him. She says it was an accident. I'm not buying it. I think she was pissed because he won 80's trivia. Hey, we all know Matt is a wealth of useless information. Seriously, it was a great meal prepared by my wonderful wife Jessica. We had ice cream cupcakes for sessert, yummy.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 12-13-2010 at 08:48 PM.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

12-12-10 Sunday
    Conditioning/recovery

-Treadmill, 45 minutes steady
    -Foam roll and stretch
    -Contrast shower

12-13-10 Monday
    DE Bench

-DE bench 225 w/double mini bands 5x5
    -Seated shoulders rack presses 225 3x10
    -D rows 135 5x10
    -Pushdowns 75x20
    -Face pulls 75x20

-Iced shoulders 20 minutes

Had a good session. Starting to bump up the DE bench weights a bit. Jessica came down and gave me my liftoffs. My wife gives great liftoff. Holy crap, getting liftoffs makes a huge difference. Weights feel so much lighter and I was able to get such a better setup. I think it bothered my shoulder less also.

12-14-10 Tuesday
    Conditioning/recovery

-Treadmill, 30 minutes hiit
    -Foam roll and stretch

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My brother passed a year ago today. I want to thank all of the people who have supported and helped me through this difficult process. To give you an idea about my brother, here is the eulogy I wrote for him and read at his funeral service.

Samuel D. Dizenzo
    April 4,1965 - December 15, 2009

A little over 5 years ago my brother honered me; actually, it's more like he roasted me with a speech at my wedding. During it, he said there was something wrong because if he was in fact the best man, then he should be marrying Jessica. I guess I was just lucky that day because I went home with Jessica. However, Sammy was then and will continue to be the best man.

There are not enough wonderful advectives to describe my brther. He has a beautiful spirit and is blessed with amazing talents. Whether it was music or flowers or just his words, he could make your heart smile. He has touched so many so deeply that is why this hurts so much.

Being so amazing, he always saw the best in everyone. He is the least judgmental person in the world. To give you an example, we are big football fans. My mother, father, and brother are all New York Giants fans. I'm the black sheep--I'm a Cowboys fan--I told you Sammy's the best man. Anyway, for those of you who don't know, the Giant's quarterback is Eli Manning. Now Eli can be a bit streaky and my father would be like that son of a "you know" blew it again. Sammy would say "It's not his fault." My dad would reply "Sammy, the bum threw five interceptions." To that Sammy would respond "Well the rest of the team was not helping enough." Sammy found the good in everyone, even in a quarterback who could throw 5 interceptions in a game.

Time will pass and so will some of this grief. Let's never let him be forgotten. Les us not say things such as I'm sorry for your loss. We all lost out on this one. Let's say "Remember When." We all have so many remember when stories. Let's celebrate them and share them. Don't be stingy with your remember when stories. Write them down in an email or note, or just give one of us a call. I'd love to honor my beloved brother with a book of stories. Please help me with this. This could help us all fill the now overwhelming void in our lives.

Sammy has great faith. My mother and father have faith and I have faith. This faith leds so many of us to know we will one day see out beautfiul smiling Sammy again. Until then, he has left us with a legacy of love and laughter.

Until we all meet again, I love you and I was always so proud to call you my big brother.

Keeping you in my thoughts today Vin.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Sounds like a great man Vincent. I'm glad you have some many good stories to tell.
    750/500/690 APF Elite @ 242

Bench Only - Multi Ply SPF - 600 @ 275 (251)

Bench Only - Single Ply USAPL - 501 @ 275 (255)

Bench Only - Single Ply SPF - 550 @ 259 (257)

Quote Originally Posted by Lones Green View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamBAG View Post
    Sounds like a great man Vincent. I'm glad you have some many good stories to tell.
    Thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lones Green View Post
    Same here brother!!!!
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

I am sure your bro is looking down and smiling at everything you do Vincnent. No better way to honor his memory.
    Are you doing the penquin plunge again this year?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

12-15-10 Wednesday

The day went as well as could be extpected. My family did our best to celebrate my brother's life. Thanks to everyone for their emails, texts, phone calls, etc. You words of encouragement mean a great deal to me.

I did manage to get some lifting in. Lifting keeps me sane.

-Swiss ball rev hyper 3x12
    -Swiss ball crunches 3x12
    -Trap bar deadlift w/short mini band 135/225/300/340/395x5
    -Hammer curls 30x10, 35 4x10
    -Standing calf raises 3x12
    -Grip stic 3x20

I took myself out of my comfort zone by adding in the bands to deadlifting. The short bands came in handy here. I just choked them on a pair of dumbells and they were the perfec height. They definitely made the dl a little more challenging.

I am feeling pretty healthy so I need to bump things up a little. I just need to be smart and not bump up things that I know will hurt me.

This brings me to my tip. Challenge yourself a little. Get out of your comfort zone. I am going to make sure to push one exercise per session. The last few weeks I have been pushing the reps on my last dl and squat. I don't know that this is something that should be done every week. However, there is no reason to not pick one thing that can be pushed. Whether it's curls, pushdowns, or whatever, a little extra work every session is going to add up.

Don't be a slave to your rep and set count.

I like your work man, you inspire me.
    "Expect greatness from yourself and you'll get it. Greatness isn't measured in world records. It's measured in setting and breaking your own goals and records." Matt Rhodes EFS

www.youtube.com/danny52wn

Vincent, just wanted to tell you that you're an inspiration and thanks for sharing your brother's eulogy, bro. Loss is always so difficult. Really appreciate what you do for us here.
    32 yo - 5'6" - 170 lbs
    USAPL Meet PRs (Raw @154 lbs): 347 SQ, 242 BP, 507 DL, 1096 TOTAL
    Gym PRs: 370 SQ, 270 BP, 510 DL

The Riddle Of Iron - Kiaran's Garage Training Log

No training on Friday because Brian was too busy working to open up the gym--dick! So instead, bored and not knowing what to do on a Friday night without lifting, I prank phone called all of my training partners. It was really funny, at least for me. If you have not prank called a friend in a long time I highly recommend you do.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 12-17-2010 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rockofages View Post
    I like your work man, you inspire me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiaran View Post
    Vincent, just wanted to tell you that you're an inspiration and thanks for sharing your brother's eulogy, bro. Loss is always so difficult. Really appreciate what you do for us here.
    Thanks guys. It's always my hope that this log gives back. I truly love this sport and the people involved in it.

Whenever I give a seminar I am always so surprised how some lifters are unaware of some things that I take for granted. I am going to try and offer up tips more often. Some may be a bit mundane, but you never know.

When you are getting your liftoff while benching make sure to keep your elbows in. Think of the liftoff as a crazy heavy barbell tricep extension. Too often I see guys pressing the weight out which completely blows a tight setup.

12-18-10 Saturday
    The Worst Bench Session Ever

This was the worst bench session I have ever had. I have been fighting a sore throat all week. We trained on Saturday instead of Friday. I was dehydrated from drinking nothing but tea all day for my throat. Oh yeah, not to forget, I sucked badly.

-Bench, worked up raw to 500 in 60 Ace for triple, I think I did two reps and had them take it (my right shoulder had an awful pain that left me barely able to press). 500 again same result. Went to looser 62 w/600 (I have no idea why), had them take it. I could not even press from the bottom.
    -Close grip 3 board with 1/2 manpon, 320x10, 370x10 (had to shut it down)
    -CSR 100 reps
    -Pushdowns 100 reps
    -Rear delts 100 reps

After I finished with my self loathing, we headed out to eat. Ended up being one of the worst tasting meals I have ever had.

Upon some deep thought, I am going to change a few things up as a result of this session. Speed bench--out, overhead rack lockouts--out, CSR's--out. The reasoning, these were all things I was not doing for the most part over the last year. I had made good progress without them. Something has me jacked up right now, who knows. For now it's back to dumbell bench, dumbell shoulder presses, and t-bar rows.

Both toes were over the ledge last night!

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    Whenever I give a seminar I am always so surprised how some lifters are unaware of some things that I take for granted. I am going to try and offer up tips more often. Some may be a bit mundane, but you never know.

When you are getting your liftoff while benching make sure to keep your elbows in. Think of the liftoff as a crazy heavy barbell tricep extension. Too often I see guys pressing the weight out which completely blows a tight setup.
    Mr. Dizenzo,

I've been training alone for the last 10 weeks going for 2RMs on ME days. What do you suggest for those of us who dont have someone to give us a liftoff?

Thanks!
    Last edited by PeteB; 12-20-2010 at 10:27 AM.
    Gym PRs (Unequipped): Squat 405 Bench 350 (@225 BW) DL 500
    My training journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...light=pete%27s

Sorry you had a **** day man, it happens. Time to f'ing bring it next time!
    750/500/690 APF Elite @ 242

Bench Only - Multi Ply SPF - 600 @ 275 (251)

Bench Only - Single Ply USAPL - 501 @ 275 (255)

Bench Only - Single Ply SPF - 550 @ 259 (257)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteB View Post
    Mr. Dizenzo,

I've been training alone for the last 10 weeks going for 2RMs on ME days. What do you suggest for those of us who dont have someone to give us a liftoff?

Thanks!
    This is a tough one. Clearly you have to press the weight out of the rack. However, you need to secure the weight at the top over your sternum and then twist your elbows in before you begin your descent. It is not easy to do, but can be done. It will definitely help. Good luck.

Mr. Dizenzo,

Clearly you suck and should probably hang it up so you can stop benching more than me.

yours truely.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    Mr. Dizenzo,

Clearly you suck and should probably hang it up so you can stop benching more than me.

yours truely.
    Your time will come my young friend. You should hit the platform with this old soul before it's too late. I have a meet in mind.

Unfortunately bad training sessions really stick with me. They stir up much self doubt and a lot of over analysis.

Sunday 12-19-10
    Squat

-McGill situp 3x12
    -SSB gm w/doubled mini band and 10lbs 3x12
    -SSB squat w/double mini (to safety pin) 315/365x3, 415x10
    -Bbl shrugs (hook grip) 135/185/225x10
    -Cable curl w/spud strap 50 4x10

Good training session. The bands were definitely noticeable on the squat. The past few times I have went for 10 I was just able to pump them out. This time, after 5 reps I had to reset for each of the last five. Legs felt a little rubbery later that day. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    This is a tough one. Clearly you have to press the weight out of the rack. However, you need to secure the weight at the top over your sternum and then twist your elbows in before you begin your descent. It is not easy to do, but can be done. It will definitely help. Good luck.
    Yeah thats basically what i try to do, but it gets harder as the weight gets heavier. Thanks a lot!
    Gym PRs (Unequipped): Squat 405 Bench 350 (@225 BW) DL 500
    My training journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...light=pete%27s

You can't have good training days if you never have a bad one somewhere in there. It's a reference point and nothing more. Get your head out of your ass.

Is there any chance we are training earlier on Thursday? Like 5 or something?

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    You can't have good training days if you never have a bad one somewhere in there. It's a reference point and nothing more. Get your head out of your ass.

Is there any chance we are training earlier on Thursday? Like 5 or something?
    Yeah, I think it's around 5:30. Hope to see you there ya big stud!

Thanks for the advice.

Monday 12-20-10
    Bench Assistance

-Dbl bench press on swiss ball, 20/30/40/50/60/70x20
    -JM Press 95/115/135/155/185x10
    -Seated overhead dbl press 20/30/40/50/60/70/80x10
    -T-bar row, 45/90/135/160/180/205x10
    -Pushdowns 50 3x20
    -Face Pulls 50 3x20

All sets were done with only one minute rest. I even used a timer. The weights were light, but I got a sweat going. Nice and simple.

No training until Thursday's bench now. I'm already pissed thinking about not deadlifting Wednesday. I'd just get too much ***** from the guys if I do. They are right. I need to give it a little rest so hopefully I'll be fresh for the next session.